D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

Page 7 of 17 First ... 25678912 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DkGreek View Post
    All three of you sell it.
    A valid point, but the biggest voices against DAA seem to be those that sell alternatives to it. I don't sell it and highly advocate using it.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

I used Testforce v1 and v2. Not trying to "pimp" a specific product here, just sharing my experiences.
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

SNS also sells CEE, but no one here pushes it. DAA works. It's proven. Reports of negative side effects are no more common than any other tbooster.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

SNS also sells CEE, but no one here pushes it. DAA works. It's proven. Reports of negative side effects are no more common than any other tbooster.
    AI Sports sells it too, but I wouldn't say the sides are the same. Outside of the anxiety yes. And the anxiety doesn't affect a lot of people true, but a fair number, and particularly people who follow the more is better and dose higher. It is very effective though, and if you keep doses reasonable (or comically if you smoke cigarettes ) the anxiety isn't likely to be an issue.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    A valid point, but the biggest voices against DAA seem to be those that sell alternatives to it. I don't sell it and highly advocate using it.
    You are mistaken.. I am the one against, and the company i work for has no comparable products. The common effect of anxiety should be thought of more than just a side. But that is me, and you all are obviously free to do as you will.
    The Historic PES Legend
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    You are mistaken.. I am the one against, and the company i work for has no comparable products. The common effect of anxiety should be thought of more than just a side. But that is me, and you all are obviously free to do as you will.
    You guys have good products (i personally am enjoying Erase) but Anabeta, while not techinically a Test Booster, is in a similar class as some of the test boosters out there. I read a description of your product (on your site) which states in part that "First it states that Anacyclus pyrethrum is in fact myotropic when taken orally and suggests a testosterone like action." Again, you are not claiming that it is a T-Booster, but you are sort of claiming that your product has a similar effect to a Test Booster.

I don't doubt your opinion, but a case could be made that you have a horse in the race.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Yeah, the problem is that high NMDA levels can cause actual neurological damage. Probably not an issue if you don't get the anxiety, or if you dose at lower levels, but its a meaningful risk. Thats why that Propadrol EP with the proprietary formula including NMDA directly is a bit iffy.

It is comical that nicotine helps clean those receptors and aids in the metabolism of it.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Settle down lol. You are not the only one against DAA. I honestly wasn't talking about you or PES. PES is a great company and has some great products which I have and still use. Anxiety is a side and not one that I dispute. Anybody with anxiety issues should use DAA cautiously and if it causes them, they should stop. I have general anxiety problems and have been lucky to not have had this with DAA or at least with the brands that I have used. My problem is with the people yelling excitotoxicity without a shred of proof and then saying btw, here is our product.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Settle down lol. You are not the only one against DAA. I honestly wasn't talking about you or PES. PES is a great company and has some great products which I have and still use. Anxiety is a side and not one that I dispute. Anybody with anxiety issues should use DAA cautiously and if it causes them, they should stop. I have general anxiety problems and have been lucky to not have had this with DAA or at least with the brands that I have used. My problem is with the people yelling excitotoxicity without a shred of proof and then saying btw, here is our product.
    Without shred of proof?

http://www.eurosiva.org/Archive/Vien...ers/SUREDA.htm

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/20/23/8831.short

plenty more. NMDA can cause excitotoxicity, NMDA is a metabolite of DAA. What levels of metabolite you end up with are unknown, and what level causes issues is unknown. But it makes being careful with DAA supplementation important, and doing regular cycling off it for periods.
    This space for rent

10. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by primetime32 View Post
    You guys have good products (i personally am enjoying Erase) but Anabeta, while not techinically a Test Booster, is in a similar class as some of the test boosters out there. I read a description of your product (on your site) which states in part that "First it states that Anacyclus pyrethrum is in fact myotropic when taken orally and suggests a testosterone like action." Again, you are not claiming that it is a T-Booster, but you are sort of claiming that your product has a similar effect to a Test Booster.

I don't doubt your opinion, but a case could be made that you have a horse in the race.
    Thank you for the compliment on our products.

Not that DAdams needs someone to argue a corner, nor do I consider this an argument but to chime in from a PES perspective we do not market it as a T booster because it's effects are only very mild and occur in some people. I love AnaBeta and it is comfortable my favourite natural supplement (including the rest of the PES line) but I get no noticeable effects suggesting increased testosterone.

If you want to increase your test then DAA is more reliable in my opinion at doing just that.

Of course we do have products that could be viewed as similar in some respect and you are welcome to take any of our opinions with a pinch of salt (I know I would). I just wanted to point out that the T boosting benefits of AnaBeta are so far down the list it isn't something we focus on.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Without shred of proof?

http://www.eurosiva.org/Archive/Vien...ers/SUREDA.htm

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/20/23/8831.short

plenty more. NMDA can cause excitotoxicity, NMDA is a metabolite of DAA. What levels of metabolite you end up with are unknown, and what level causes issues is unknown. But it makes being careful with DAA supplementation important, and doing regular cycling off it for periods.
    That first one is a very nice book report, but not one I would recommend using to support any arguement. The second, which is just an abstract, states this "These results strongly argue that exogenous glutamate and NMDA normally induce excitotoxicity at distinct cellular locations in mature mixed neuronal cultures and that NR1/NR2B receptors remain an important component in the expression of glutamate, but not NMDA-induced excitotoxicity." As I have said repeatedly, excitotoxicity is a theory for some diseases, but has not been actually shown to occur yet. And it is also used, as in this case, as an in vitro tool. If you have a cell culture and pump enough NMDA into it, yes, you will induce excitotoxicity. The NMDA receptor is much more complicated than this whole DAA debate that rages on here.
  12. Board Sponsor

My post was not meant to sound uppity so to say.

Eh.. you are only dismissing things people present to you... ie Easy... so really not worthwhile to keep beating this horse. Brain related illnesses are on the rise, no reason to even test a worthwhile theory in my eyes.
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

It is comical that nicotine helps clean those receptors and aids in the metabolism of it.
    I'm glad I am a user of exessive amounts of swedish snus
  14. Diamond Member

My post was not meant to sound uppity so to say.

Eh.. you are only dismissing things people present to you... ie Easy... so really not worthwhile to keep beating this horse. Brain related illnesses are on the rise, no reason to even test a worthwhile theory in my eyes.
    Aleksander is in the field of neuroscience FYI. Yes, brain-related illnesses are on the rise. And they've been on the rise before DAA was introduced. The predominant hypothesis is NOT excitotoxicity for neurogenerative disorders.
  15. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Aleksander is in the field of neuroscience FYI. Yes, brain-related illnesses are on the rise. And they've been on the rise before DAA was introduced. The predominant hypothesis is NOT excitotoxicity for neurogenerative disorders.
    Read the whole thread, this has been discussed. We know he is in the field.

Now... considering they were on the rise prior to DAA... now why would you test the water when the predominant action is against NMDA considering theory from others in the field and the very real neuro side people experience? I once took 10 jaeger shots in a row, felt fine two days later... does it mean it was a great idea... even at the time?
    The Historic PES Legend
  16. Board Sponsor

Now... considering they were on the rise prior to DAA... now why would you test the water when the predominant action is against NMDA considering theory from others in the field and the very real neuro side people experience? I once took 10 jaeger shots in a row, felt fine two days later... does it mean it was a great idea... even at the time?
    Shoulda had jager bombs bro
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

17. Diamond Member

What study on DAA are you referring to again? Or is this just anecdote? Caffeine gives me headaches, and DAA makes me feel great.
  18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

What study on DAA are you referring to again? Or is this just anecdote? Caffeine gives me headaches, and DAA makes me feel great.
    trying to say there is no risk is about as legitimate as saying its too risky to use. Its a open question, and there is some reason to believe there may be a risk, particularly with long term high dosed usage.

And your "DAA makes me feel great" is just anecdotal too so not sure how relevant that is
    This space for rent

19. Diamond Member

trying to say there is no risk is about as legitimate as saying its too risky to use. Its a open question, and there is some reason to believe there may be a risk, particularly with long term high dosed usage.

And your "DAA makes me feel great" is just anecdotal too so not sure how relevant that is
    That was the point.

I never said it was risk-free. I said it is as risky as any other tbooster on the market. Longterm, high dosing of fadogia is much worse.
  20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

That was the point.

I never said it was risk-free. I said it is as risky as any other tbooster on the market. Longterm, high dosing of fadogia is much worse.
    I dunno, I think i'd rather risk HTPA function with low LH levels than brain cells though. Hence why I say moderate doses (probably a few days to week of 3g then 1.5/day) and cycling off regularly probably works out fine.
    This space for rent

21. Banned

The anxiety issue is the only reason why i havent tried DAA yet, I grew up in a broken household where violence was the only show of emotion, my head is all ****ed up for this type of **** hahaha
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Just so my point is clear. I personally like DAA and do not believe oral use at the levels that are present in supps will cause excitotoxicity. BUT, as with any supp, it should be used with caution and respect. If you drink an entire tub of DAA you will have issues lol.

I was simply responding to the post about those sticking up for DAA are those that sell it. They are reps selling a product, so this is a valid point, but there are some of us that do not sell it and advocate it still. I also have noticed though that many (NOT ALL) that are against DAA seem to sell an alternative to it.

If somebody believes that DAA is causing excitotoxicity and creating big holes in the brain, then I can only ask for what proof they have. The common retort seems to be that the burden of proof lies upon the pro-DAA group to prove that it does not cause excitotoxicity. Yet, that is tantamount to me saying that product X causes cancer, now prove me wrong.

There are a lot of supps out there. If you don't want to take DAA, then don't. It is only when I see science being used incorrectly that I will jump in. Also, fair warning. If anybody posts an abstract to support their arguement, they should be ready to discuss the actual paper, not the one paragraph abstract.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine4PWO View Post
    The anxiety issue is the only reason why i havent tried DAA yet, I grew up in a broken household where violence was the only show of emotion, my head is all ****ed up for this type of **** hahaha
    My suggestion for you would be to ask a company if they offer a small free sample. Otherwise, if you do have serious anxiety issues already, then you may want to avoid DAA, but you may want to avoid test boosters in general.
  24. Ω Omega Sports Ω

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just so my point is clear. I personally like DAA and do not believe oral use at the levels that are present in supps will cause excitotoxicity. BUT, as with any supp, it should be used with caution and respect. If you drink an entire tub of DAA you will have issues lol.

I was simply responding to the post about those sticking up for DAA are those that sell it. They are reps selling a product, so this is a valid point, but there are some of us that do not sell it and advocate it still.
    I see where this argument is coming from. However, many(if not all) that sell the product also USE the product.
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  25. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    I see where this argument is coming from. However, many(if not all) that sell the product also USE the product.
    Exactly, just Like how Jay Cutler uses muscle tech. lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
  26. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

If somebody believes that DAA is causing excitotoxicity and creating big holes in the brain, then I can only ask for what proof they have. The common retort seems to be that the burden of proof lies upon the pro-DAA group to prove that it does not cause excitotoxicity. Yet, that is tantamount to me saying that product X causes cancer, now prove me wrong.
    I guess though some are looking at it from a "food safety" perspective, that proof a product is safe to consume should be present vs having proof that it is unsafe to make it unavailable. I suppose this is the FDA's perpetual argument in favor of limiting supplements.

Probably would help for me to look at what level of d-aspartic acid is consumed in normal foods over the course of a day. Never enough time to research all that I want to though.
    This space for rent

27. Ω Omega Sports Ω

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    hahaha! Nice!

I don't think anyone here is Jay Cutler.
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  28. Banned

My suggestion for you would be to ask a company if they offer a small free sample. Otherwise, if you do have serious anxiety issues already, then you may want to avoid DAA, but you may want to avoid test boosters in general.
    why avoid test boosters tho?

I never took a test booster (Titanium, BioForge, TestoPro) that caused any anxiety
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

I guess though some are looking at it from a "food safety" perspective, that proof a product is safe to consume should be present vs having proof that it is unsafe to make it unavailable. I suppose this is the FDA's perpetual argument in favor of limiting supplements.

Probably would help for me to look at what level of d-aspartic acid is consumed in normal foods over the course of a day. Never enough time to research all that I want to though.
    I completely see where you are coming from. It's just a nearly impossible thing to test. You would have to do a post-mortem anatomy study, bascially looking at changes in structure size or thickness and then do a cell count and even then you would be hard pressed to say that it was DAA that caused any changes as opposed to a hundred other possibilities. In vitro, I can kill cells using pretty much anything. In vivo, we have a lot of built-in fail safe mechanisms, so just because something happens in a dish, does not mean it happens in the intact animal. I do stress again that I support intelligent and cautious use of DAA as with any supp. I just go crazy when some go a bit extreme on the issue (NOT you!).
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

why avoid test boosters tho?

I never took a test booster (Titanium, BioForge, TestoPro) that caused any anxiety
    It all depends on your type of anxiety and what triggers panic attacks if you experience them. Test boosters sometimes will raise BP which could trigger a panic attack in those that are prone to them. If you don't have this issues then great. DAA is a little bit different because it does act at the NMDA receptor and this can directly increase anxiety, but again, it is different form person to person. I get horrible panic attacks, but have never had one from using DAA, but that is just me. If you are curious about DAA, you can either buy a tub or ask for a free sample. Explain your situation to a rep or the company and perhaps they can send you a free sample to try and see how you respond to it.
  31. Banned

It all depends on your type of anxiety and what triggers panic attacks if you experience them. Test boosters sometimes will raise BP which could trigger a panic attack in those that are prone to them. If you don't have this issues then great. DAA is a little bit different because it does act at the NMDA receptor and this can directly increase anxiety, but again, it is different form person to person. I get horrible panic attacks, but have never had one from using DAA, but that is just me. If you are curious about DAA, you can either buy a tub or ask for a free sample. Explain your situation to a rep or the company and perhaps they can send you a free sample to try and see how you respond to it.
    I didnt know test boosters may raise BP, do u know what ingredient may cause that? thanks again
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37

Good advice. Use with respect and cation. But I also have gotten anxiety attacks before. But feel good on daa. Oddly I would get anxiety after weeks of mj use and then quitting. I guess it was a withdrawal of some sort.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  34. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    Good advice. Use with respect and cation. But I also have gotten anxiety attacks before. But feel good on daa. Oddly I would get anxiety after weeks of mj use and then quitting. I guess it was a withdrawal of some sort.
    whats mj use?
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Marijuana. I believe it could have possibly skewed estro a little and that could have been the reason for the anxiety. And i am not a smoker but have used in the past. The only reason I brought it up was because I thought it would be relevant to show there are multiple ways to cause anxiety attacks.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

AI Sports sells it too, but I wouldn't say the sides are the same. Outside of the anxiety yes. And the anxiety doesn't affect a lot of people true, but a fair number, and particularly people who follow the more is better and dose higher. It is very effective though, and if you keep doses reasonable (or comically if you smoke cigarettes ) the anxiety isn't likely to be an issue.
    That's interesting about the nicotine easy. I'm curious if agmatine does this too.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  37. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    Marijuana. I believe it could have possibly skewed estro a little and that could have been the reason for the anxiety. And i am not a smoker but have used in the past. The only reason I brought it up was because I thought it would be relevant to show there are multiple ways to cause anxiety attacks.
    yea man back then i used to be able to smoke my head off and enjoy it now i smoke and people think im smoking crack, all paranoid anxiety attacks i cant smoke at all now **** wack,
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

I didnt know test boosters may raise BP, do u know what ingredient may cause that? thanks again
    I don't believe there is a direct connection between increased T levels and higher BP, somebody correct me if I am wrong. It's just something you should keep an eye on. Even if it does happen at first, most times your body will acclimate. There seems to be studies that say BP can increase and others that say it improves cardio function.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

yea man back then i used to be able to smoke my head off and enjoy it now i smoke and people think im smoking crack, all paranoid anxiety attacks i cant smoke at all now **** wack,
    Me too. I can't sleep either.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Sorry guys to jump in on this. Just from reading some posts there are people who love DAA, then there are concerns about anxiety. I just wanted to post my experience with DAA because after 4 or 5 days I had to stop and it wasn't due to anxiety but due to how I could perform normal tasks. This would happen a few hours after I dosed DAA which was in the morning. I had a feeling in my mind which I can only explain as being Blank! Kinda like when you stare into space with no thoughts. SOUNDS A BIT CRAZY.....For instance, once I was sat at the computer doing some Uni work, this was after taking DAA, and I had to really concentrate hard on what I needed to do. I wanted to type something but it seemed to take a few seconds more for me to register what I wanted to do... It didnt help that the night before I was out getting f....d on MDMA (just kidding). A few more days of this and I stopped.
    I was wondering if anybody might of had similar effects in terms of how it made them feel in their mind???
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPLabs D-aspartic acid Side Kick!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
  2. D-Aspartic Acid and estrogen effects
    By packers6211 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 10:32 AM