Preworkout Question

MMAsss

Awards
How soon before my workout should I drink whey protein?..also what is the best creatine to mix with it to get good results without bloating?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How soon before my workout should I drink whey protein?..also what is the best creatine to mix with it to get good results without bloating?
You can drink it whenever you like. If you use creatine, you should have that ~60 min pre-resistance training for best effects. you can use pills or powder, with or without your whey - entirely up to you. You also have the option of straight creatine or a creatine product that has other effects.

Based on your goals, creatine options I recommend:
* NeoVar Recomped
* Cre-02
* Kre-Alkalyn
* CreaPure

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take whey at least 30 minutes before your workouts. Iso is fast and Hydrolysated protein is even faster. For my money though I prefer MAP ( Pepto Pro ) wich is the best protein imo.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do mine about 1/2 hour prior.. never had a problem with it.

Mike

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like to do 2.5 grams pre and 2.5 grams post. thats where i see the best results. about 45 to 60 minutes for me, pre workout. post workout, immediately after my training followed by a shake

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
If you can i would try and have a whole food meal about 1.5 hours prior to your workout full of good complex carbs and a solid source of protein, if your doing that whey immediately pre workout is not really needed. Sometimes when i cant get a full meal in i will have a protein shake with 1 cup grinded oats. You can take your whey shake and your creatine immediately after workout, for some people creatine mono may cause some issues so dosing pre workout may not be a good idea.