need help with cutting supps...?

massolic

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, Im about to start a cutting phase and was wondering what supps would be good and useful to preserve muscle while running? Been thinking about Xtend, and got PPs Beta alanine with kre alkalyn so far...Would Jackd help since it has stims? I appreciate any feedback!!

JorDrol

Awards
Xtend would be a very good choice if your trying to preserve muscle while running because BCAA's will help you to hold onto your muscle when you do cardio and diet. BCAA's (xtend) also act as an anti catabolic which is important to muscle building/ preserving muscle. Beta alanine is a good choice for a supplement as well but itd probably help you more as an anti fatigue. Jack3d probably wouldnt necesarily help you preserve muscle while cutting but its a very good pre workout, it may bloat you a little bit because of the creatine monohydrate but i wouldnt worry too much about that because creatine is good for your muscles. hope this helped you man!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
purple wraath is on sale at nutraplanet right now! same price as xtend and IMHO better.

anti cortisol could help like x-lean or any of the other 7-oxo products.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys, Im about to start a cutting phase and was wondering what supps would be good and useful to preserve muscle while running? Been thinking about Xtend, and got PPs Beta alanine with kre alkalyn so far...Would Jackd help since it has stims? I appreciate any feedback!!
The Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin/antioxidant, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) are enough for cutting in aiding in preserving lean mass whilst losing bodyfat.

Honestly, the key to whether or not you maintain muscle mass you already have and lose only bodyfat is going to be primarily dependent on your NUTRITION!

BCAAs are definitely useful re cutting, and you can use them pre AND post-running.

Although not essential, Beta-Alanine is fine to use, and would be beneficial as it can actually make BCAAs and creatine work better.

Kre-Alkalyn is also good, especially if you are resistance training - and you SHOULD be RESISTANCE training, since it is far MORE effective re fat loss than cardio.

Jack3d and other preworkout products are not essential either, but if you feel that you need somethign "extra" for energy, it would be fine. Just a note that if you use a preworkout product that contains creatine, then you do NOT need to use a separate creatine product, since most of them contain your daily requirements of creatine.

~Rosie~

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Rosie. Resistance training is very beneficial. I'd just use caffeine pills instead of a preworkout and it's dirt cheap

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, the key to whether or not you maintain muscle mass you already have and lose only bodyfat is going to be primarily dependent on your NUTRITION!~Rosie~
I agree... A good diet is the key! I would spend my money on some good healthy food and just keep an extra eye on the total kCal-intake.

If I would put my money on any supplement, it would be on a cortisol controlling supplement, i.g. Lean-FX, to help with the increased cortisol levels while being on a strict diet.

massolic

Awards
  • Established
thanks a ton guys, i do lift 4-5 days a week nd just got off a mild cycle nd now on pct, but will start cutting in the coming months. again i appreciate all the inputs and advice!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks a ton guys, i do lift 4-5 days a week nd just got off a mild cycle nd now on pct, but will start cutting in the coming months. again i appreciate all the inputs and advice!
No worries :)

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
You're so welcome. Anything else you need help with, don't hesitate.. You know where we are ;)

swaneon

Awards
definitely nutrition
hows your diet? you could try an EC/Lean Xtreme stack or a heat/dcp/ec stack
the first one i can attest to and the second im starting

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you get a stead 40g protein ever 2-3 hours, you are fine and don't need anything else. That is really easy to do. I eat 8 meals a day right now in contest prep, 4 of them are shakes, 4 of them are whole meals. My shakes consist of

8 Egg Whites- 24g Protein
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese- 10g Casin Protein
1 Cup Milk- 7g casin protein
1tbsp Peanut Butter- 4g Protein
1 Scoop Protein Powder for flavor- 20g Protein

Thats an easy, cheap, 60+ gram protein meal. Do that 2 or 3 times a day in addition to your meals and your set.

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
i always really like cortisol controllers during a cut, because not only does it really help the midsection, it should help preserve muscle tissue aswell which helps a lot during a cut. My 2 favorite and most effective IMO are Lean FX and Lean Xtreme, both are very solid products!

I would do a bit of research into those type of supplements in general as i really think it would be a beneficial addition based on what youve mentioned.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I cut carbs I like to eat steak and ground beef like no other. Protein shakes and ibcaa's are a great additions. Workout and then immediatly do cardio and watch the fat melt.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you get a stead 40g protein ever 2-3 hours, you are fine and don't need anything else. That is really easy to do. I eat 8 meals a day right now in contest prep, 4 of them are shakes, 4 of them are whole meals. My shakes consist of

8 Egg Whites- 24g Protein
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese- 10g Casin Protein
1 Cup Milk- 7g casin protein
1tbsp Peanut Butter- 4g Protein
1 Scoop Protein Powder for flavor- 20g Protein

Thats an easy, cheap, 60+ gram protein meal. Do that 2 or 3 times a day in addition to your meals and your set.
Mike, do you seperate your egg whites yourself or do you buy liquid eggs?