question on creatine

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
just ordered 500 grams of creatine from nutra. and i also have assault. im going to start using them feb 1st. how can i accommodate using both? do i need to "load up" the first week? since assault had ~5g and i need around 10-20 a day for the first week how should i dose it? thanks!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
just ordered 500 grams of creatine from nutra. and i also have assault. im going to start using them feb 1st. how can i accommodate using both? do i need to "load up" the first week? since assault had ~5g and i need around 10-20 a day for the first week how should i dose it? thanks!
You do NOT need a separate creatine product when using Assault, because a serving contains all you need of creatine.

The only way I can see you using BOTH products is if you use Assault on resistance training days and the creatine product (2-3 grams a day only, but can use ~5 grams if you wish) on cardio only days. I personally would just use the Assault and leave the creatine until you run out of Assault.

No, you do NOT need to creatine load - this is personal preference, and not required (please look around, as there are many threads on this topic). Just stick with your one serving of Assault ~30 minutes pre-training.

~Rosie~

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
hey again rosie! well, i ordered it already. i was planning on taking assault on training days ~30mins pre workout and creatine ~5g on days off. i do cardio everyday for 20minutes at least. will doing cardio everyday instead of having cardio only days make my bulking harder since running is so catabolic?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I took Assault pre-workout, and a serving of creatine post-workout.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
hey again rosie! well, i ordered it already. i was planning on taking assault on training days ~30mins pre workout and creatine ~5g on days off. i do cardio everyday for 20minutes at least. will doing cardio everyday instead of having cardio only days make my bulking harder since running is so catabolic?
That's fine - what I recommended if you're determined to use BOTH products.

Running is catabolic, yes, but as long as you stay under 30-40 minutes (you know that I think ~20 minutes is plenty long enough for a cardio session), and your nutrition throughout the day (especially post-training) is fine, then you should have no trouble bulking.

If you're bulking though, you may want to cut your cardio back to 3-4 days a week - every day is definitely NOT required, and you want at LEAST ONE day off ALL training a week to let your body recover!

I took Assault pre-workout, and a serving of creatine post-workout.
You could do this, one serving of Assault pre-training and then only 2-3 grams of creatine immediately post-training.

~Rosie~

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
That's fine - what I recommended if you're determined to use BOTH products.

Running is catabolic, yes, but as long as you stay under 30-40 minutes (you know that I think ~20 minutes is plenty long enough for a cardio session), and your nutrition throughout the day (especially post-training) is fine, then you should have no trouble bulking.

If you're bulking though, you may want to cut your cardio back to 3-4 days a week - every day is definitely NOT required, and you want at LEAST ONE day off ALL training a week to let your body recover!

You could do this, one serving of Assault pre-training and then only 2-3 grams of creatine immediately post-training.

~Rosie~

you deserve a high five! :afro:

i work out 5 days a week and do cardio 5 mins to warm up and 12-14 mins gorilla cardio after weight training. thats it. and 2 days off from all training. so i will do assault pre, 2-3g post (with 2 scoops of whey) and 5g off days. i have tried to be "perfect" with my dieting, following steve shaw on bodybuilding sample bulking eating plan and its been good so far! i start pyramids in a week and am stoked so GeT BiG~!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
you deserve a high five! :afro:

i work out 5 days a week and do cardio 5 mins to warm up and 12-14 mins gorilla cardio after weight training. thats it. and 2 days off from all training. so i will do assault pre, 2-3g post (with 2 scoops of whey) and 5g off days. i have tried to be "perfect" with my dieting, following steve shaw on bodybuilding sample bulking eating plan and its been good so far! i start pyramids in a week and am stoked so GeT BiG~!
Doing FIVE sessions of Guerilla Cardio on TOP of resistance training may be a little too much, IMO - unless you are an athlete used to the intensity.

Use ONE SERVING (i.e. HALF A SCOOP) of Assault when you use it.

Go hard, Dave! :buttkick:

~Rosie~

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
Doing FIVE sessions of Guerilla Cardio on TOP of resistance training may be a little too much, IMO - unless you are an athlete used to the intensity.

Use ONE SERVING (i.e. HALF A SCOOP) of Assault when you use it.

Go hard, Dave! :buttkick:

~Rosie~
thank you rosie! :) well thats what i do, and ive been doing it for a few good weeks so theres no point in stopping now if i can keep going with it! also, what do you think is the best form of guerilla cardio to lose bodyfat other than proper nutrition?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thank you rosie! :) well thats what i do, and ive been doing it for a few good weeks so theres no point in stopping now if i can keep going with it! also, what do you think is the best form of guerilla cardio to lose bodyfat other than proper nutrition?
No worries :)

Well, then, that's different - but just be aware of it, since high intensity cardio has similar effects on your body as resistance training.

There is only ONE form of Guerilla Cardio - SPRINTING! However, you can do high intensity interval training (which is essentially what Guerill Cardio is) with any mode of cardio, and if you've ever read of my logs, you'll know that I do this boxing, cycling, rowing, skipping, etc. The best way to do it though, IMO, is sprinting outside.

~Rosie~

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
so your saying my pyramid program can be watered down by doing so much cardio?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
so your saying my pyramid program can be watered down by doing so much cardio?
You can do cardio whilst bulking - even though the higher the intensity the better re cardio, IMO, I am just advising against doing HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL cardio EVERY day, because it affects your body similarly to lifting weights.

Just make sure that you're eating enough to cover all your energy expenditure and then some if you want gains is all I am saying - the cardio is fine if you re eating ENOUGH.

~Rosie~