Creatine Mono Questions ..

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so im a first time user of mono .. and im loving it ..im in my 3rd week.

questions :
should i cycle off after 4weeks ? wait till a month before i jump back on it
currently doing 10G ..bump it down to 5G ?

ive never taken bulk mono before ..just in pre workouts ..i know it has some to little effects on kidneys .. but do u guys do 8weeks then cycle off ..or 4 ?

thanks

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I recently read an article about how the effectiveness of creatine was examined where a loading phase for the 1st week was used, followed by 5 grams daily split pre/post.

In a nut shell the study showed that creatine supplementation benefits were minimal after 5 weeks, hence week breaks where recommended.

I can attest to this from my own experience, where I feel it more difficult to get them last few reps, opposed to when I cycle fresh back on creatine mono.

Obviously everyone reacts different, diet dependent, I say experiment with different cycle lengths and see what works for you.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so im a first time user of mono .. and im loving it ..im in my 3rd week.

questions :
should i cycle off after 4weeks ? wait till a month before i jump back on it
currently doing 10G ..bump it down to 5G ?

ive never taken bulk mono before ..just in pre workouts ..i know it has some to little effects on kidneys .. but do u guys do 8weeks then cycle off ..or 4 ?

thanks
There's already quite a few threads around here explaining creatine cycling (or lack of) - please look, but briefly:

No, you do NOT need to cycle off creatine. creatine cycling is personal preference and NOT necessary. The only purpose of creatine cycling is to get your muscle creatine levels to threshold faster (20g used over ~5 days will do the same as 5g used over ~3 weeks) - nothing else.

Stick to using 5g daily - you don't need any more than 2-3g daily to maintain muscle creatine saturation, so 5g is more than enough, even for the larger individuals.

I never cycle creatine if I have it on hand all the time, and the only time I would not use it is if I am waiting between bottles/tubs, etc. As mentioned before, cycling is optional, and IMO, you should not - after ~3 weeks, your muscle creatine levels return to threshold, which definitely affects performance (and I can say this from personal experience).

~Rosie~

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I recently read an article about how the effectiveness of creatine was examined where a loading phase for the 1st week was used, followed by 5 grams daily split pre/post.

In a nut shell the study showed that creatine supplementation benefits were minimal after 5 weeks, hence week breaks where recommended.

I can attest to this from my own experience, where I feel it more difficult to get them last few reps, opposed to when I cycle fresh back on creatine mono.

Obviously everyone reacts different, diet dependent, I say experiment with different cycle lengths and see what works for you.
thanks bro .. yea i'ma just have to experiement with few things

gud tips ..reps:friday:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im with rosie
creatine to me is a staple

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's already quite a few threads around here explaining creatine cycling (or lack of) - please look, but briefly:

No, you do NOT need to cycle off creatine. creatine cycling is personal preference and NOT necessary. The only purpose of creatine cycling is to get your muscle creatine levels to threshold faster (20g used over ~5 days will do the same as 5g used over ~3 weeks) - nothing else.

Stick to using 5g daily - you don't need any more than 2-3g daily to maintain muscle creatine saturation, so 5g is more than enough, even for the larger individuals.

I never cycle creatine if I have it on hand all the time, and the only time I would not use it is if I am waiting between bottles/tubs, etc. As mentioned before, cycling is optional, and IMO, you should not - after ~3 weeks, your muscle creatine levels return to threshold, which definitely affects performance (and I can say this from personal experience).

~Rosie~
Thanks rosie .. yeah i can try that too .. well im on supplements around 365days/yr .. so when im not running any tbooster/anabolic or pre/post .. i will def include creatine in it .. which is what i was pondering about.

reps!:goodpost: