Creatine Mono Questions ..

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Creatine Mono Questions ..

so im a first time user of mono .. and im loving it ..im in my 3rd week.

questions :
    should i cycle off after 4weeks ? wait till a month before i jump back on it
    currently doing 10G ..bump it down to 5G ?

ive never taken bulk mono before ..just in pre workouts ..i know it has some to little effects on kidneys .. but do u guys do 8weeks then cycle off ..or 4 ?

thanks
    S.n.S team member

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I recently read an article about how the effectiveness of creatine was examined where a loading phase for the 1st week was used, followed by 5 grams daily split pre/post.

In a nut shell the study showed that creatine supplementation benefits were minimal after 5 weeks, hence week breaks where recommended.

I can attest to this from my own experience, where I feel it more difficult to get them last few reps, opposed to when I cycle fresh back on creatine mono.

Obviously everyone reacts different, diet dependent, I say experiment with different cycle lengths and see what works for you.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    so im a first time user of mono .. and im loving it ..im in my 3rd week.

questions :
    should i cycle off after 4weeks ? wait till a month before i jump back on it
    currently doing 10G ..bump it down to 5G ?

ive never taken bulk mono before ..just in pre workouts ..i know it has some to little effects on kidneys .. but do u guys do 8weeks then cycle off ..or 4 ?

thanks
    There's already quite a few threads around here explaining creatine cycling (or lack of) - please look, but briefly:

No, you do NOT need to cycle off creatine. creatine cycling is personal preference and NOT necessary. The only purpose of creatine cycling is to get your muscle creatine levels to threshold faster (20g used over ~5 days will do the same as 5g used over ~3 weeks) - nothing else.

Stick to using 5g daily - you don't need any more than 2-3g daily to maintain muscle creatine saturation, so 5g is more than enough, even for the larger individuals.

I never cycle creatine if I have it on hand all the time, and the only time I would not use it is if I am waiting between bottles/tubs, etc. As mentioned before, cycling is optional, and IMO, you should not - after ~3 weeks, your muscle creatine levels return to threshold, which definitely affects performance (and I can say this from personal experience).

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.41%

Quote Originally Posted by bashman View Post
    I recently read an article about how the effectiveness of creatine was examined where a loading phase for the 1st week was used, followed by 5 grams daily split pre/post.

In a nut shell the study showed that creatine supplementation benefits were minimal after 5 weeks, hence week breaks where recommended.

I can attest to this from my own experience, where I feel it more difficult to get them last few reps, opposed to when I cycle fresh back on creatine mono.

Obviously everyone reacts different, diet dependent, I say experiment with different cycle lengths and see what works for you.
    thanks bro .. yea i'ma just have to experiement with few things

gud tips ..reps
    S.n.S team member
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

im with rosie
    creatine to me is a staple
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.41%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    There's already quite a few threads around here explaining creatine cycling (or lack of) - please look, but briefly:

No, you do NOT need to cycle off creatine. creatine cycling is personal preference and NOT necessary. The only purpose of creatine cycling is to get your muscle creatine levels to threshold faster (20g used over ~5 days will do the same as 5g used over ~3 weeks) - nothing else.

Stick to using 5g daily - you don't need any more than 2-3g daily to maintain muscle creatine saturation, so 5g is more than enough, even for the larger individuals.

I never cycle creatine if I have it on hand all the time, and the only time I would not use it is if I am waiting between bottles/tubs, etc. As mentioned before, cycling is optional, and IMO, you should not - after ~3 weeks, your muscle creatine levels return to threshold, which definitely affects performance (and I can say this from personal experience).

~Rosie~
    Thanks rosie .. yeah i can try that too .. well im on supplements around 365days/yr .. so when im not running any tbooster/anabolic or pre/post .. i will def include creatine in it .. which is what i was pondering about.

reps!
    S.n.S team member

Similar Forum Threads

1. CEE vs Creatine Mono
    By Juice3300 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 04:29 PM
  2. Creatine Mono
    By bigironkiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 07:20 AM
  3. Creatine, creatine mono and cutting