Creatine Ethyl Ester or Monohydrate?

anabolicscuba

Awards
Trying to decide which one to go with. I've read EE absorbs better and there is no loading phase, but this is what the supplement companies say. I've also read on so forums that it is bunk and just stick with good ole monohydrate.

Any experiences you can share?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trying to decide which one to go with. I've read EE absorbs better and there is no loading phase, but this is what the supplement companies say. I've also read on so forums that it is bunk and just stick with good ole monohydrate.

Any experiences you can share?
A loading phase is NOT necessary for ANY type of creatine - this is personal preference.

I personally do NOT like creatine ethyl ester (CEE) - I used it ONCE and it skewed my bloods up big time and is the ONLY creatine that has INcreased my Creatinine levels, enough that the doctor (not that they know much) thought I had renal failure. Re effects though, CEE was no different to creatine monohydrate (CM) - however, this could have been because the product I used was not JUST a creatine product.

CM is the most tried and proven supplement, so stick with that. There's plenty of CM products out there, like CreaPure, Kre-Alkalyn, etc.

~Rosie~

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't tried CEE... Tried Mono and kre-alkalyn, both are good.

uncheelstar

Awards
Monohydrate will give you more size, and for me EE almost dries me out. A debate I get myself in which one I should use, but overall I like to take a Pre-workout that has a proprietary blend that includes mono, and then an EE such as like Cellmass, or in a pill form post workout

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Mono. I will agree with Rosie, and say that CEE just doesn't belong in hte human body. This comes form experience.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Mono, some may have results with CEE. Ultimately this means that try both and see which one works better for you. If you go with CEE, depending on your goals,you may want to load too(I won't get into all of this in this thread, but loading is imperative for mass gaining goals).

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Nobody uses CEE anymore, creapure is the only way to go. JMO

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Now, that's just silly talk.
I think you are saying that the best Creatine available(in the world, my friend) isnt any good or "silly". Is that correct? Do you know what Creaoure is? Or is that a subject you'll discuss in homeroom after your Christmas vacation?

krebz

Awards
CEE researchs shows that it is worse than mono, so just take creapure.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
Nobody uses CEE anymore, creapure is the only way to go. JMO
Now, that's just silly talk.
I think you are saying that the best Creatine available(in the world, my friend) isnt any good or "silly". Is that correct? Do you know what Creaoure is? Or is that a subject you'll discuss in homeroom after your Christmas vacation?
I was stating that it is silly, er actually ignorant to state that nobody uses CEE anymore. I know some people that find it to be quite effective and prefer it over other forms. Creapure is fine...just overpriced IMO, as most good creatine monohydrate is micronized and HPLC tested for purity anyway. I do appreciate the homeroom reference as that makes me feel blessed...I have over 15 years experience in the sports fitness and supplement industry. Thanks you. Now I do beleive it is you that might need to explain why you are grounded and can only talk to people on your computer upstairs in your room. Oh Hai!

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I used CEE once in powder form,and i am not kidding when i say this--it was the most rotten tasting thing i had ever taken....Straight,chemical-laced garbage. I am not familiar how the ethyl-ester works,but i do know that it has no business being in my or other people's body's

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
I used CEE once in powder form,and i am not kidding when i say this--it was the most rotten tasting thing i had ever taken....Straight,chemical-laced garbage. I am not familiar how the ethyl-ester works,but i do know that it has no business being in my or other people's body's
Now that is funny...it does taste like a$$, same with AEE. Much better in caps, but the other problem is that it is so tacky it makes it hard to cap yourself....sticks to EVERYTHING!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
You,ve said it. I've said it. How many more people agree that CEE shouldn't be consumed by humans?