insulin and GH

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I have a question about a supplement dosage but to find the answer to my question I have to know this. Is it true that when insulin goes up GH release goes down? and the same thing other way around? or am I completely fukking wrong?!

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering something similar. I know insulin rls lowers Gh not sure if the reverse is true. I also wanted to ask anyone is there a possibility of taking an insulin mimicker + ghenerate preworkout? I love ghenerate for burning fat, my joints are hell without it, and buiding muscle, but I love the strength from the carbs

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Where did you hear GH suppresses insulin? GH promotes insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) which is homologous to proinsulin, an insulin precursor. Hence GH and insulin are directly related, not inversely related.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
btw - IGF-1 is actually a great supplement to take in place of GH. It not only has similar effects but it actually increases the body's sensitivity to natural insulin.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
On another forum i believe but i dont trust anywhere else but AM :D So if spike your insulin you increase your GH release? For example if one takes an insulin mimicker Pre-workout cause of a carbed intra workout your body releases more GH. I've also heard after workout your insulin spikes so after workout your body releases more GH for better recovery, is that correct?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
On another forum i believe but i dont trust anywhere else but AM :D So if spike your insulin you increase your GH release? For example if one takes an insulin mimicker Pre-workout cause of a carbed intra workout your body releases more GH. I've also heard after workout your insulin spikes so after workout your body releases more GH for better recovery, is that correct?
Okay I may have posted a confusing post earlier. GH causes the release of insulin precursors. Insulin activates the negative feedback loop for insulin, which in turn decreases GH production.

SO, GH will increase insulin but insulin will decrease GH (in a rather simplified model).

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Okay I may have posted a confusing post earlier. GH causes the release of insulin precursors. Insulin activates the negative feedback loop for insulin, which in turn decreases GH production.

SO, GH will increase insulin but insulin will decrease GH (in a rather simplified model).
Well ain't that a bitch! So if I have carbs in my intra-workout it's a better idea to take IGH-1 or GH, like AP, rather than insulin mimicker like Recompadrol.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Well ain't that a bitch! So if I have carbs in my intra-workout it's a better idea to take IGH-1 or GH, like AP, rather than insulin mimicker like Recompadrol.
Yeah the body is a really tricky chemistry set. Almost everything is linked to what is called a negative feedback loop, which is necessary to maintain homeostasis. In your case,

GH-->ProInsulin-->Insulin-->AntiGH

This why people think that insulin and GH are inversely related, because usually when your GH is thru the roof you have nearly no insulin and vice versa. However this is because the lack of insulin is invoking GH production, NOT because GH production is shutting down insulin. That is why high GH is seen when insulin is minimal. A ton of insulin will, however, invoke the negative feedback for GH and that is why high insulin yields lower GH.

So, yes, taking a GH or proGH would be better than taking insulin or an insulin mimicker.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I beleive the production of gh and its effects are blunted in the presence of insulin. I know when you shoot gh, a big no no is carbs and insulin within 20 minutes of the injection or it is essentially pointless.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A low carb environment is conducive for optimal GH levels. Conversely, a high carb (insulin release) antagonizes GH release.

However, the relationship described above is based on macro intake and not direct drug use.

Elevated insulin levels (via insulin administration) will adversely impact GH levels. HGH use/injections will cause optimal insulin GROWTH FACTORS like IGF,etc (which are different from Insulin).

GH causes hypoglycemia in many which would support the argument that it lowers insulin sensitivity. If you blood sugar drops, so does your insullin as therre si no "need" for insulin (body will up the glucagon hormone instead; insulin's opposite).

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
I beleive the production of gh and its effects are blunted in the presence of insulin. I know when you shoot gh, a big no no is carbs and insulin within 20 minutes of the injection or it is essentially pointless.
This is sort of not true.

In order for GH to be anabolic you NEED to inject insulin after the GH. GH is not anabolic without insulin and it also increases blood sugar on its own if taken with carbs so clearly it does something to blunt the function of endo produced GH.

Carbs before is bad and carbs after is bad without insulin but then again GH without insulin is not for growth... For fat loss, no carbs before or after

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
A low carb environment is conducive for optimal GH levels. Conversely, a high carb (insulin release) antagonizes GH release.

However, the relationship described above is based on macro intake and not direct drug use.

Elevated insulin levels (via insulin administration) will adversely impact GH levels. HGH use/injections will cause optimal insulin GROWTH FACTORS like IGF,etc (which are different from Insulin).

GH causes hypoglycemia in many which would support the argument that it lowers insulin sensitivity. If you blood sugar drops, so does your insullin as therre si no "need" for insulin (body will up the glucagon hormone instead; insulin's opposite).
Im too tired to respond to this but its like basically all in reverse... GH causes Hyperglycemia by causing insulin resistance.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is sort of not true.

In order for GH to be anabolic you NEED to inject insulin after the GH. GH is not anabolic without insulin and it also increases blood sugar on its own if taken with carbs so clearly it does something to blunt the function of endo produced GH.

Carbs before is bad and carbs after is bad without insulin but then again GH without insulin is not for growth... For fat loss, no carbs before or after
I don't see how what I said is wrong. I pretty much said the exact same stuff you said that is correct. No carbs before gh, no insulin before. Our views are different on when slin/carbs are good post a gh injection.

Every single protocol for mass building I have seen, states to wait until the conversion of gh to igf in the liver occurs, which takes 20 minutes post a IM injection to take insulin. 20 minutes after injecting gh, you shoot slin, eat a big protein/carb meal. I have seen tons of different gh mass building protocols, and never once since that part different.

I'm not concerned, ill stick to the 20 minute rule like I have always read, I know first hand it works amazing.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im too tired to respond to this but its like basically all in reverse... GH causes Hyperglycemia by causing insulin resistance.
Beleive it or not, and I truly didn't know this, it can cause hypo. I know it causes hyper, my sugar sky rockets from 10iu about 20 mins latter.. but someone on an AAS board showed many studies that it actually causes hypo in some at lower dosages.

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
when r u planning on taking either GH or AP? R u talking abiut real GH or just a natty booster. Also, if u mean Anabolic pump by AP, then u must know it's a nutrient repartitioner, not really a GH booster.

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
This is the major case if ur shooting, but in case of natty GH boosters it's like the other guy said. Natty GH booster will infact cause hypoglycemia in MOST cases. Hypoglycemia will also cause a bigger surge of GH. Doctor D. himself said that 1 cheap way of increasing GH is to take EAA supps w/o carbs b4 bed. No carbs means lower blood sugar>lower insulin>GH spike in return. That's why natty GH boosters call for dosing w/o carbs or on empty stomach in another words. Good example is HGH Pro and HGH Up. Oh and ur rite about GH injections on their own. This way is more for fat burning, recovery and better sleep. Same thing for natty GH boosters. I haven't seen any GH boosters get anyone huge. Most people can get a few lbs of lean muscle, but nothing overboard. Oh and I've seen studies to support those GH-hypogycemia studies too. I can't remember where, but I'm sure you can find them if you research careully.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
when r u planning on taking either GH or AP? R u talking abiut real GH or just a natty booster. Also, if u mean Anabolic pump by AP, then u must know it's a nutrient repartitioner, not really a GH booster.
Natty GH and I was using AP(anabolic pump) as an example. I was going to add carbs to my intra workout so I was thinking of taking RCD before hitting the gym. But now I wouldn't do that. But I wonder how much would taking natty GH booster help if I do take it pre-workout.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subd for discussion

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Natty GH and I was using AP(anabolic pump) as an example. I was going to add carbs to my intra workout so I was thinking of taking RCD before hitting the gym. But now I wouldn't do that. But I wonder how much would taking natty GH booster help if I do take it pre-workout.
Natty gh imo wont do anything to your blood sugar levels, I dont think you need AP with it, the same way you need insulin with exogenous gh.

darthdarek84

darthdarek84

Awards
Drop any nutrient repartitioner and make sure ur pwo meal is like 2 hrs b4 workout. Then by the time u take pre GH booster ur blood sugar should be slightly lower than normal or at that level, since most food should be digested by now. This most likely will cause ur GH booster to put u in a mild hypoglycemic state and make ur body release more of it. This is just what I said in prvious post.
Also, to keep ur GH level higher, you'd wanna do an intra thats carb free for sure. Something that's got BCAA's, beta-alanine and minerals would be great. This coincides DR D.'s theory of amino induced GH increase. Then you can top it off with hi isolate-no carbs whey and ur GH still will be fairly high after workout.
Oh and I did try a GH booster prwo b4. As I said in previous post, it did work good. I also stacked it with a NO/Creatine prwo and it was fine.
Plus, you can gear ur workout towards a bigger release of GH. Studies have shown that med-weight and med/high-volume with shorter rest periods will cause a bigger surge of GH. When I tried prwo GH that was the type of workout schedule I had. I noticed immediate recovery( after and in-between sets), strength increase and better definition. I mean u can still use it for cutting or strength workouts, since it would help with definition while cutting and minor strength increase during strngth training. Just so it happens the 1st type of workout schedule would yield the biggest GH surge.
Hopefully this explains a lot.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
One of these days I'm going to plan out a stack with the following:

2 grams of GABA
250mg of L-Dopa (or the equivalent from Mucuna extract)
2 grams of Arginine Pyroglutamate
1 gram of Lysine
1 gram of Ornithine
500mg of Green Tea Extract

It seems like a relatively inexpensive natural GH booster that has the potential to work pretty well.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With all that, just run 2iu of gh! Prolly comes out to the same price lol

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't actual injection of GH make your ntestine grow? Like isn't that the reason bodybuilders stomach is outward even at 2% BF?

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't actual injection of GH make your ntestine grow? Like isn't that the reason bodybuilders stomach is outward even at 2% BF?
I think Synthroid is what causes that distended stomach appearance on some bodybuilders; GH and insulin inections can both do it as well, based on some things I have read.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmm would you mind backing that up? I have never heard of any Thyroid drug causing stomach/gut distention.

Thanks ;)

I think Synthroid is what causes that distended stomach appearance on some bodybuilders; GH and insulin inections can both do it as well, based on some things I have read.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BACK THAT UP!!!

I started synthroid 100mcg for gh induced deficiency verified by blood work, and i swear my gut has felt swollen ever since 2 months in.. very interested on this!!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I`m sure this help you a lot :D

Insulin, growth hormone and sport
http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/cgi/reprint/170/1/13.pdf

Plasma insulin, growth hormone, and blood sugar during exercise in man
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6754602

Insulin Mechanism of Actions
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-articles/161331-insulins-mechanism-action.html

Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
http://www.futurescience.com/hgh.html
Thanks bro! You read a lot don't you? Cause your probably the only guy in this forum that backs everything up with a research paper before people ask for it :bigok:

BACK THAT UP!!!

I started synthroid 100mcg for gh induced deficiency verified by blood work, and i swear my gut has felt swollen ever since 2 months in.. very interested on this!!
So wait you feel like your gut is growing? Sorry it's late and I can't understand anything.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bro! You read a lot don't you? Cause your probably the only guy in this forum that backs everything up with a research paper before people ask for it :bigok:

So wait you feel like your gut is growing? Sorry it's late and I can't understand anything.
I don't know if its growing, but it feels like swollen.

Mike