Flax Seed and others

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Im about out of all my supps/vits. Im looking into getting more, need Flax seed, fish oil, multi, and I think I'm gonna pick up some Vit C, D, E. Not sure though if its needed with the multi. Also thinking about CLA.

What about the brand NOW? Also any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mako3

Awards
Go with EFA Lean gold.. has fish, flaxseed, and cla all in one.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that looks like a nice product. I just don't like proprietary blends, anyone ever watch "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" ?? lol.. Anyone else have feedback on this particular product or company?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im about out of all my supps/vits. Im looking into getting more, need Flax seed, fish oil, multi, and I think I'm gonna pick up some Vit C, D, E. Not sure though if its needed with the multi. Also thinking about CLA.

Thanks.
You don't need to use both flaxseed oil AND fish oil - unless of course, you're using actual flaxseeds and not as an oil. Adding extra Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E is fine if you're also using a multivitamin. I personally use a separate Vitamin C product at 3g daily as well as a multivitamin/antioxidant, and Toco-8 is a Vitamin E product that can be used as a staple.

You definitely don't need CLA on top of flaxseed oil and fish oil, either.

NOW has decent products at cheap prices.

Wow, that looks like a nice product. I just don't like proprietary blends, anyone ever watch "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" ?? lol.. Anyone else have feedback on this particular product or company?
Many individuals have seen Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

I would actually recommend Udos Choice 3-6-9 Oil Blend for your good fats, since it covers ALL your bases, but if you don't want a prop blend and are looking at using CLA then Primordial has a CLA product.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. Interesting though, I thought taking flax and fish together would be beneficial. Lets make sure I know what I'm doing eh? Lol.. So fish is for joints, and flax is for heart right? In a nutshell? Also, why not add CLA along with those? Based on your post, you would not suggest EFA Lean gold is that right?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the info. Interesting though, I thought taking flax and fish together would be beneficial. Lets make sure I know what I'm doing eh? Lol.. So fish is for joints, and flax is for heart right? In a nutshell? Also, why not add CLA along with those? Based on your post, you would not suggest EFA Lean gold is that right?
You can use them both if you like, but you only need so much "good fats" daily. If you're getting enough from other sources, you don't need to add more. I'm not familiar with EFA Lean Gold, so cannot comment on it.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks.
In addition to using fish oil, I also incorporate fiberteq by VPX. It's a blend of both soluble and insoluble fiber, with 8 grams per serving. I mix a scoop into protein shake right before bed.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
man... I came in to help and Rosie already laid down the knowledge in this thread:damnit:

I will say that I love Udos but its a little pricey for my taste but then again, you get waht you pay for and I do keep buying it... :D

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt mind trying out PP CLA product. Anything extra I should know. Im coming off of an Erase/Titanium run of 4 weeks. Ill be kicking off the New Year with a Monsterdrol/Epi bridge Jan 2. From what I've read this can be added as a staple right?

I'm also interested why CLA is not advised if taking fish and/or flaxseed oil. Also why taking both fish and flax is not necessary. Thanks for anyone who has info.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt mind trying out PP CLA product. Anything extra I should know. Im coming off of an Erase/Titanium run of 4 weeks. Ill be kicking off the New Year with a Monsterdrol/Epi bridge Jan 2. From what I've read this can be added as a staple right?

I'm also interested why CLA is not advised if taking fish and/or flaxseed oil. Also why taking both fish and flax is not necessary. Thanks for anyone who has info.
Yes, CLA can be used as a staple.

I personally don't see the point in several different "good fats'" products if you get enough of what you need from your food and an additional supplement. You can get your fish oils from fish, flax oils from flaxseeds, etc. This is jut my point of view, though.

If you want to to ahead and take myriad supplements to cover a base that your NUTRITION should primarily cover, go ahead.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
honestly it's hard to get enough omega-3 from food every day