advice/help

njlprec

Awards
in an attempt to put some decent muscle size on, i am doing the following and would appreciate some input if possible:

32/6'1/175 9% body fat
diet:
mhp shake am/eggs/cereal

lunch varies, travel for work

dinner:
steak/chicken/mhp shake

after gym mhp shake

training is on spot, 5 day/week

currently on green mag capsules 5/day, fish oil, multi vitamin

looking to order something from primordial performance

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I see alot of protein intake there, but not much in good fats and carbs.

Id take out cereal and swap with Oats. Id also add a mid morning snack and a preworkout. That'd give 6-7 meals instead of the 4 it appears you're taking in.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
I see alot of protein intake there, but not much in good fats and carbs.

Id take out cereal and swap with Oats. Id also add a mid morning snack and a preworkout. That'd give 6-7 meals instead of the 4 it appears you're taking in.
+1

Good fats help you build muscle, and a well rounded diet helps everything perform better. Once you get the diet on point you can take another look at what sups might help, but you've got the bases covered there.

If you really want to be on track then start tracking your diet. Lots of options online, some wtih smart phone apps. You can't know what to change when you don't know what's happening now.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in an attempt to put some decent muscle size on, i am doing the following and would appreciate some input if possible:

32/6'1/175 9% body fat
diet:
mhp shake am/eggs/cereal

dinner:
steak/chicken/mhp shake

after gym mhp shake

I agree with the other comments - your diet is lacking, so look at this FIRST.

Your NUTRITION is going to make or break you re making gains, and you need to be eating ENOUGH to make them - check out Macronutrient Composition for Optimal Muscle Growth for an idea of how MUCH you should be eating, and then check out various nutrition articles, looking specifically at Mass Gains Diets.

As far as supplements, I don't know your training or supplementation history, but you really only need the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin/antioxidant, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) at the moment. If you're an experienced trainee, then you could possibly look into adding a Testosterone booster such as Sustain Alpha or a Testosterone boosting stack in with your staples.

Next to NUTRITION, you also have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle!

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds like you may want ot look into some great stuff from primordial,
i love the phyto-test, the testofen is a patented Fenugreek extract that increases overall test extremely well and it als has 5,7 methoxy isoflavone whihc has been shown 9i believe) to increase protein synthesis, basically you are increasing testosterone levels that will increase muscle gains, strength energy and libido, while keeping nitrogen retention and protein synthesis higher due to the methoxy....

i also love the IBCAA as i feel branch-chain amino acids are a staple for everyone i use 10g BCAA 3xtimes a day between my meals, i love that leucine has been shown to be a (if not THE )key amino in muscle growth and protein synthesis.....

size wise you may also look into the natty stack which is sustain alpha, EndoampMax, Phyto-testosterone and toco-8 its a really good combo for health, increasing testosterone levels, reducing estrogen, boosting growth hormone, lowering cortisol and increasing anti-oxident intake....

but then again you mentioned getting things from primordial so thats all i listed there are tons of good stacks for what you are after :)

32/6'1/175 9% body fat
diet:
mhp shake am/eggs/cereal

dinner:
steak/chicken/mhp shake

after gym mhp shake