I have mono (the virus), which supplements can I continue?

asala1337

Awards
So today the results of my blood test came back and were positive for mono. I've had it for about a week and I have a pretty good immune system so I don't feel any symptoms anymore except my throat is still alittle scratchy. My doctor informed me I can still work out, I just can't use free weights because if I happen to drop one and hurt my abdomen I can rupture my spleen or liver. So I was just wondering what supplements I can continue taking while I have this.

I currently take protein, a multivitamin, fish oil, flax seed oil. I plan to continue these but I was wondering about glutamine, arginine and BCAAs (which I take pre and post workout).
I stopped taking creatine for the time being. Anyone have any advice? or have been in similar situations?

Thank you, much appreciated.:thinking:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
glutamine, aginine and bcaas should matter but if theres any question, i would not take them. they are all found in regular protein tho so should not matter. i always thought mono lasted for a very long time (few months)

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
I had it for about 3 months when I was a competitive bodybuilder. eat healthier than usual and get as much sleep,continue to train (my doc said training would help me get over it quicker) keep all supplements going.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
glutamine, aginine and bcaas should matter but if theres any question, i would not take them. they are all found in regular protein tho so should not matter. i always thought mono lasted for a very long time (few months)
yes a very very long time, forever. a lot of people have it but dont know it. you can ask to be tested for it and they can tell you if you have it. what they cant tell you is when you got it. it can lay dormant forever. i tested for it when i read about it. i have it but ive never had any symptoms

asala1337

Awards
I was previously taking kre-alkalyn 1500. I stopped when I started feeling ****ty, should I stay off it?

WIULifter

WIULifter

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you really shouldnt work out when you have mono....your spleen could enlarge and rupture...

asala1337

Awards
you really shouldnt work out when you have mono....your spleen could enlarge and rupture...
as long as I stick to machines and don't go too heavy, my doctor said I'd be fine.