anything better than jack3d?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.59%

My buddy gave me a sample of jack3d, and while it was pretty good, I hit that wall 10 minutes before I got done with my workout. It was only 1 scoop, so hopefully another scoop would be just right.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.49%

only thing i dont like about ASGT is that it contains Acesulfame K
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

A word about ace k:

It is also used as a sweetener in pharmaceutical products,[5] especially chewable and liquid medications, where it can make the active ingredients more palatable.
    [edit]Safety concerns

As with other artificial sweeteners, there is concern over the safety of acesulfame potassium. Although studies of these sweeteners show varying and controversial degrees of dietary safety, the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) has approved their general use. Critics say acesulfame potassium has not been studied adequately and may be carcinogenic, although these claims have been dismissed by the US FDA[6] and by equivalent authorities in the European Union.[7]
    Some potential effects associated with acesulfame have appeared in animal studies. Acesulfame K has been shown to stimulate dose-dependent insulin secretion in rats, though no hyperglycemia was observed.[8]
    Rodent studies have shown no increased incidence of tumors in response to administration of acesulfame K.[9] Research conducted by the National Toxicology Program fed rats acesulfame K for 9 months, making up as much as 3% of their total diet (which would be equivalent to a human consuming 1,343 12-oz cans of artificially sweetened soda every day). There was no sign that these (or lower) levels of acesulfame K increased the rats' risk of cancer or other neoplasms.[10] Further research in terms of food safety has been recommended.[11][12]
    I don't think there's any such thing as a good artificial sweetener...but ace k is one of the more benign ones. I wish more companies would use stevia, myself.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Shock therapy is my fave as far as stim based pre wo, but premax has been great to me, a little costly but lots of guys have mixed one scoop of premax and either assault or asgt one scoop to stretch it out and had great results.
  5. O.G. Appnut
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.72%

AppNut Black Cats if energy is the main goal

MusclePharm Assault is a great pre-workout drink mix

XF Vengeance is next on my list to try based on the feedback I have heard on it
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  6. O.G. Appnut
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.72%

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    The combo of Axis Labs Hemodraulix plus Applied Nutriceuticals Black Cats is hard to beat.
    Maybe I'll have to look into Hemodraulix a bit more
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    Maybe I'll have to look into Hemodraulix a bit more
    Its one of the few pump products that weren't weight limiting if you know what I mean. Most conventional pump products as you start to get a serious pump, your ability to move weight starts to go down. I guess because part of the pump from Hemodraulix comes from Arachidonic acid that it doesn't limit the weight. Nifty stuff, the only downside is its a 6 capsule dose :P and they are basically 1000mg fish oil size gelcaps
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.07%

Try Mesomorph, its the strongest of all the pre-workouts i have tried. After the first time i took it, i checked the label....4000 mg of beta, 5000mg's citruline malate. More than double of what jacked has.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.07%

White flood was my go too as well until i tried the mesomorph from aps. If you like the white flood you will really like mesomorph. I only take half a scoop and ive been on it for about 2 weeks. Its strong stuff.... lol
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.92%

I prefer whiteflood, Controlled labs has never let me down in the past
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.49%

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick00 View Post
    Try Mesomorph, its the strongest of all the pre-workouts i have tried. After the first time i took it, i checked the label....4000 mg of beta, 5000mg's citruline malate. More than double of what jacked has.
    do u crash like a mutha on this?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.7%

N.O. Ignite by Finaflex is better IMO. It has the same basic ingredients as jack3d but it uses Ethyl Ester instead of monohydrate and also has Theophylline which relaxes and opens your air way making it easier to breath during those intense workouts.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

WhiteFlood rocks. I didn't care for Jack3d, it was good price wise, but it just didn't give me the same focus that WhiteFlood did.
    I have take NoExplode and No2 in capsule forms (Walmart) not that those have stimulants in the (Explode does), but out of all the Pre-Workout mixes WhiteFlood is the king for me.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMuscle View Post
    N.O. Ignite by Finaflex is better IMO. It has the same basic ingredients as jack3d but it uses Ethyl Ester instead of monohydrate and also has Theophylline which relaxes and opens your air way making it easier to breath during those intense workouts.
    I like that you posted that.. mostly because CEE is crap. JISS debunked that little myth of CEE long ago.
    The effects of creatine ethyl ester supplementation combined with heavy resistance training on body composition, muscle performance, and serum and muscle creatine levels
    Mike Spillane,1 Ryan Schoch,4 Matt Cooke,1 Travis Harvey,5 Mike Greenwood,1 Richard Kreider,3 and Darryn S Willoughbycorresponding author1,2

Abstract
    Numerous creatine formulations have been developed primarily to maximize creatine absorption. Creatine ethyl ester is alleged to increase creatine bio-availability. This study examined how a seven-week supplementation regimen combined with resistance training affected body composition, muscle mass, muscle strength and power, serum and muscle creatine levels, and serum creatinine levels in 30 non-resistance-trained males. In a double-blind manner, participants were randomly assigned to a maltodextrose placebo (PLA), creatine monohydrate (CRT), or creatine ethyl ester (CEE) group. The supplements were orally ingested at a dose of 0.30 g/kg fat-free body mass (approximately 20 g/day) for five days followed by ingestion at 0.075 g/kg fat free mass (approximately 5 g/day) for 42 days. Results showed significantly higher serum creatine concentrations in PLA (p = 0.007) and CRT (p = 0.005) compared to CEE. Serum creatinine was greater in CEE compared to the PLA (p = 0.001) and CRT (p = 0.001) and increased at days 6, 27, and 48. Total muscle creatine content was significantly higher in CRT (p = 0.026) and CEE (p = 0.041) compared to PLA, with no differences between CRT and CEE. Significant changes over time were observed for body composition, body water, muscle strength and power variables, but no significant differences were observed between groups. In conclusion, when compared to creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester was not as effective at increasing serum and muscle creatine levels or in improving body composition, muscle mass, strength, and power. Therefore, the improvements in these variables can most likely be attributed to the training protocol itself, rather than the supplementation regimen.
    The Historic PES Legend
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.47%

White flood hands down best pump out of all the ones that I have tried. I like asgt for strength. I like taking 2 scoops of asgt an hour before workout and 1 scoop of white flood half an hour before. This is the best combo that I have come up with. Jacked just felt like a really strong stim that lost it's effect fast.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.7%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I like that you posted that.. mostly because CEE is crap. JISS debunked that little myth of CEE long ago.
    Thanks for the info bro...
  17. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMuscle View Post
    Thanks for the info bro...
    No prob.. Mono is the only creatine that shows any real benefit in studies... though the new nitro whatever hasnt been put to the test. All in all, a micronized creatine mono is the only useful on the market.

As for Theophyline, it is just a methylxanthine that can be substituted for a number of the other methylxanthines.
    The Historic PES Legend
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.52%

I havn't tried ASGT yet by LG but I have tried pretty much every preworkout supplement
    mentioned in this thread and I have to say one of the new sponsers on AM is APS Nut.
    and for me they have one of the best preworkout powders out there Mesomorp. If you havn't tried it yet I highly recommend it but with all preworkout stims I never recommend using the same product more than twice in one week. I think everyone should have at least 3 or more stim supplements with different ingredient profiles to rotate around with each workout so your body doesn't get use to the ingredients.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jack3d
    By EZDUZIT in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 03:08 AM
  2. AT2/Jack3d Stack ~ Get Jack3d for $10!
    By nattydisaster in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 06:29 PM
  3. The ONE + Jack3d = One Jack3d Review/log
    By Afrochowder in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 08:05 PM