Niacin pre-workout anyone?

JoeHT

Awards
I've been trying 500 mg Niacin (regular, flush-kind) pre-workout for the last week. Pumps are sick. It seems to amplify the effect that I get from the other supplements I regularly use standalone (Beta-Alanine, AAKG and Citrulline Malate). The only bad thing is the flush. Most of the time I just get a sun tan look, but sometimes I get red like a tomato and people ask me what's going on.
Anyone doing Niacin pre-workout? Other than the flush look, any reason why it may be a bad idea?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea it is good along with B6 to help glycogen usage during workouts. Thats probably why pumps are nice.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking it before, during, or with your pre-workout items?

JoeHT

Awards
Are you taking it before, during, or with your pre-workout items?
AAKG and Citrulline Malate - ~30-45 mins before w/o

Whey, Beta-Alanine, Creatine + Niacin - ~15 min before w/o

Niacin usually kick in within the 1st 15 min of w/o

NutrexGuy

Awards
Good god I hate niacin! Last time I took it I was standing in line to get a sub and everyone kept asking me if I was ok.... terrible.

JoeHT

Awards
Good god I hate niacin! Last time I took it I was standing in line to get a sub and everyone kept asking me if I was ok.... terrible.
Sounds like you took it on an empty stomach (since you're "in line to get a sub"). Empty stomach makes the flush worst. I made that mistake once.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Niacin is excellent for cholesterol, high doses are prescribed to those with colesterol problems. But most stop taking it due to the flushing. The usual recommendation is to take baby aspirin with it to get rid of the flushing. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan on it soon for cholesterol reasons.

n87

Awards
  • Established
I had taken non-flushing version before without issues. Then later on, bought another bottle of niacin, not realizing it was a regular version. You're not kidding! The flashes were from hell and my wife was freaking out once she looked at me. Never touched it since.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I take it for HDL purposes. The flush does suck. Make sure you NEVER take it after Anabolic Pump or P-Slin. It's borderline scary.

TheOne310

Awards
I take it for HDL purposes. The flush does suck. Make sure you NEVER take it after Anabolic Pump or P-Slin. It's borderline scary.
lol i wanna try this just to see what happens

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why, I do all the time and never had a problem??

The only problem I get with niacin is severe, uncontrollable lower extremity itching that I literally have to burn my skin with water, I mean burn to relieve.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 13
kabxr_XRXR Supplements 1
Supplements 2
EpiStrong Nutrition / Health 0
Supplements 28