Looking to gain muscle mass... please help!

  1. New Member
    ragincajun023's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    56
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

    Looking to gain muscle mass... please help!


    Hey everyone. I'm new to this website but I'm just trying to get advice on what to do. I'm 23 years old... 5'9" and I weigh 155 lbs. I'm looking to put on about 20 pounds of muscle mass fairly quickly. In the past, before I graduated college, I ran a couple cycles of m drol and was going to do this again... until I read a few posts on what you guys said about it in here. I had actually already ordered a few bottles of it... then decided to call and cancel the order once I read posts in here about it. The m drol worked great for me, however. I gained about 15 pounds of muscle within about 4 weeks. I "cycled??" it with whey protein at first... and then switched to cytogainer. My question to everyone is... what should a skinny person take (thats more safe than m drol) with a high metabolism that will easily put on muscle mass and allow him/her to see results quickly? What supplements should I get and what should I cycle it with? What are the 'dangers' associated with those supplements? I just want to get stuff that will allow me to put on the mass that I want to.

    Sorry if my language is off... I'm new to this. Thank you all very much in advance for your replies!

  2. Professional Member
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23620
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    mdrol is a steroid.

    if you weight 155, id just pound back the food and kill it in the gym. take some creatine as that helps but thats really all i would take
    CELTIC LABS REP
  3. New Member
    ragincajun023's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    56
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

    I've tried just taking creatine... it didn't work. I work out extremely hard in the gym whenever I lift... so I know it's not from inadequate workouts. What supplements would you recommend?
    •   
       

  4. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    6937
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun023 View Post
    I've tried just taking creatine... it didn't work. I work out extremely hard in the gym whenever I lift... so I know it's not from inadequate workouts. What supplements would you recommend?
    For now just use creatine and a multi vitamin and possibly a natural test booster. The main thing that will make things "work" or not will be your diet and training.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  5. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,232
    Rep Power
    4582818
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    bro, i know u have prob. heard this over and over before, but the thing that is going to get you big other than steroids is FOOD. you HAVE to eat more and more each day. i consider myself a hard gainer until i finally started to eat right and the weight came on. supplements do help, sure. but there is no magic weight gain pill thats natural and safe.
  6. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9479
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    For now just use creatine and a multi vitamin and possibly a natural test booster. The main thing that will make things "work" or not will be your diet and training.
    Yep eat MORE and keep working hard. There's no such thing as a quick 20 pounds.
  7. Senior Member
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    3107
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    31.43%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    what the guys said, you need to find a way to increase the amount of food you are eating. To gain 10lbs of muscle, you will need to increase your weight by 10 lbs to 15 lbs. You cannot gain weight if you don't eat more.

    Creatine does help, protein does help, other products might help. But if you can't eat more, you will not gain weight. There is no way around it.

    You might want to look for supplements that increase your appetite.
  8. Professional Member
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,370
    Rep Power
    2765919
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    63.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Eat good whole foods you say you your a hard gainer but once you find a diet that works for you then it will come with hard work and determination. Everybody is literally different just cause you didn't respond to one thing doesn't mean you won't to another. Your gonna have to eat some good whole foods. Up your calorie intake if you have to, eat good fats and try switching up your routine in the gym to focus on heavier weights. M-Drol is a prohormone you don't need to be dabbling in that without the proper knowledge of it and what it does to your body. If you need supplementation get possibly a protein gainer like Stealth by VPX, a good multi vitamin like Adam by NOW, and a good creatine like Creapure from Primordial Performance. But from what i can tell you really haven't done much in the way of supplements so KISS is your best motto for now.
  9. New Member
    ragincajun023's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    56
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

    Thanks everyone for your replies. I dont mean to be a pest... but could any of you all explain why supplements aren't necessary for me? Is it because of my weight or my young age? This isn't me trying to be ignorant and annoying... it's me trying to understand the process in how all of this works. I tried getting on creatine when I was younger and I didn't see any results. Sorry for the disgustingness... but whenever I simply took creatine, I spent much more time on the toilet than what I normally do. This is what originally made me think that supplements will intensify everything in order to help me actually see results (like creatine wasn't enough or something... or maybe I didn't give it enough time?). I'm not trying to come off smarter than any of you all... because I really don't know much about this stuff and I know all of you do... I'm just trying to get feedback on the way I feel about it and figure out if I'm wrong in my thought process. Is creatine the only thing?

    Thanks, again.
  10. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216449
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    3.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    if you cant get more weight in and your 155lbs you need to get diet in check. no trying to be a d1ck but i know a lot of guys that say they have a fast metabolism but all it is is they dont know how to eat.
    try diet something like this

    Meal 1:
    8 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 banana, 2 tbsp flax oil
    Meal 2:
    10-12 oz meat*, 1 cup brown rice, 2 handfuls almonds
    Meal 3:
    10-12 oz meat*, 1 cup pasta, marinara sauce with 1 tbsp olive oil
    Meal 4:
    10-12 oz meat*, 1 cup brown rice, small salad, 2 tbsp vinaigrette dressing
    Meal 5:
    10-12 oz meat*, 1 cup pasta
    Meal 6:
    8 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 potato
    (Post-workout shake: immediately post workout 50g whey, 60 g
    waxy maize, 10g creatine monohydrate)
    ~post-workout meal should be eaten about an hour after
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  11. Senior Member
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    3107
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    31.43%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun023 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I dont mean to be a pest... but could any of you all explain why supplements aren't necessary for me? Is it because of my weight or my young age? This isn't me trying to be ignorant and annoying... it's me trying to understand the process in how all of this works. I tried getting on creatine when I was younger and I didn't see any results. Sorry for the disgustingness... but whenever I simply took creatine, I spent much more time on the toilet than what I normally do. This is what originally made me think that supplements will intensify everything in order to help me actually see results (like creatine wasn't enough or something... or maybe I didn't give it enough time?). I'm not trying to come off smarter than any of you all... because I really don't know much about this stuff and I know all of you do... I'm just trying to get feedback on the way I feel about it and figure out if I'm wrong in my thought process. Is creatine the only thing?

    Thanks, again.
    Well, at your age you can take anything you like. The one thing you need to know is that if you use steroids or prohormones, then you need to really know what you are doing so they are highly not recommended.

    - Creatine is good. Not sure what you meant when you said it did not work. You might be non-responder. But in general, Creatine Mono is good for strength.

    - Whey protein before and after workout. Take 1 to 1.5 scoops. Add carbs with them, something like gatorade or gatorade powder would work.

    - If you like, you can take a weight gainer during other times of the day between meals.

    - Fenugreek may increase your appetite for some food.
  12. New Member
    pat677's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    75
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    4.81%

    I was just like you before...couldn't gain any weight, 6'2" stuck at 140-145, then read a few posts here, and just started raving the fridge even more then I used to. Got a high caloric protein shake and hit the gym like mad...I am now starting to use Creatine. I've started working out and eating "like a pig" about 7-8 weeks ago, I am now at 175lbs...

    Honestly I just eat almost what ever I see, even people at my work can't believe how much I eat...people might be like, ok what do you eat, I eat whatever I see. I already did a calorie count(Which you should do as well, I use fitday.com), and on average I intake roughly 4000-5000 calories/day.

    As everyones been saying, eat eat eat, get those calories up and good fats, you will see gains guaranteed.
  13. Advanced Member
    Dizmal's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    370
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    60.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun023 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I dont mean to be a pest... but could any of you all explain why supplements aren't necessary for me? Is it because of my weight or my young age? This isn't me trying to be ignorant and annoying... it's me trying to understand the process in how all of this works. I tried getting on creatine when I was younger and I didn't see any results. Sorry for the disgustingness... but whenever I simply took creatine, I spent much more time on the toilet than what I normally do. This is what originally made me think that supplements will intensify everything in order to help me actually see results (like creatine wasn't enough or something... or maybe I didn't give it enough time?). I'm not trying to come off smarter than any of you all... because I really don't know much about this stuff and I know all of you do... I'm just trying to get feedback on the way I feel about it and figure out if I'm wrong in my thought process. Is creatine the only thing?

    Thanks, again.

    Well for one, if you can't get your body to support more than 155lbs now. What makes you think you can get your body to keep and maintain 175lbs after you take supps or do a cycle?

    Second, supps will never give you 20lbs on bad diet and training I don't give a **** how much you take. The cycle may give it to you but since your diet and training aren't on, you'll just lose it all in PCT.
  14. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216449
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    3.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    lol
    when im bulking people ask me if im pregnant because i eat so much
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  15. New Member
    SELFofGOD's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    208
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    24.74%

    figure out how many calories your eatn daily.

    if you just wanna all out bulk try to take in 4500 - 6000 calories a day

    look up example meal plans , this is the best site for info such as this.

    work out HEAVY and give your body plenty of time to rest and grow.
    If your workn out too much its just gonna hurt your goal of gettn big.
    Try not to work out the same bodypart within 6 days.

    as for supps
    creatine ( regular cheap mono will work fine dont waste your $ )
    whey pro. ( good for after your workout or to fill in any gaps in your 6-8 meals a day )

    pills..... well if you got the cash to spend i would recomend Superman Stack (stoked,activate,lean x) or Prime + PowerFULL

    good luck bro
  16. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    6937
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by SELFofGOD View Post
    figure out how many calories your eatn daily.

    if you just wanna all out bulk try to take in 4500 - 6000 calories a day

    look up example meal plans , this is the best site for info such as this.

    work out HEAVY and give your body plenty of time to rest and grow.
    If your workn out too much its just gonna hurt your goal of gettn big.
    Try not to work out the same bodypart within 6 days.

    as for supps
    creatine ( regular cheap mono will work fine dont waste your $ )
    whey pro. ( good for after your workout or to fill in any gaps in your 6-8 meals a day )

    pills..... well if you got the cash to spend i would recomend Superman Stack (stoked,activate,lean x) or Prime + PowerFULL

    good luck bro
    Hey I know who stack that is. I thought he had it trademarked LOL. It is a great stack.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  17. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387266
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun023 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm new to this website but I'm just trying to get advice on what to do. I'm 23 years old... 5'9" and I weigh 155 lbs. I'm looking to put on about 20 pounds of muscle mass fairly quickly. In the past, before I graduated college, I ran a couple cycles of m drol and was going to do this again... until I read a few posts on what you guys said about it in here. I had actually already ordered a few bottles of it... then decided to call and cancel the order once I read posts in here about it. The m drol worked great for me, however. I gained about 15 pounds of muscle within about 4 weeks. I "cycled??" it with whey protein at first... and then switched to cytogainer. My question to everyone is... what should a skinny person take (thats more safe than m drol) with a high metabolism that will easily put on muscle mass and allow him/her to see results quickly? What supplements should I get and what should I cycle it with? What are the 'dangers' associated with those supplements? I just want to get stuff that will allow me to put on the mass that I want to.

    Sorry if my language is off... I'm new to this. Thank you all very much in advance for your replies!
    I am pretty much new to this as well. I'm highly interested in the science of gaining muscle, along natural lines.

    I'm consumin about 2,500 calories a day (mostly protein/fish oil heavy) and find myself losing weight, I imagine even muscle mass. I know the tried and true method of gaining muscle, is to eat,eat and eat but I thought I was eating a lot, perhaps I wasn't. Problem with me is that I'm carb sensitive (insulin resistant). Anyway I'm sure I'll learn something from others in this thread.
  18. New Member
    believer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    331
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

    Eat the mealplan laid out for you a few posts above and add the GOMAD diet. (Gallon of milk a day). Sure-fire way to put on weight. Plus lots of protein. Good luck
  19. New Member
    ragincajun023's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    56
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by SELFofGOD View Post
    figure out how many calories your eatn daily.

    if you just wanna all out bulk try to take in 4500 - 6000 calories a day

    look up example meal plans , this is the best site for info such as this.

    work out HEAVY and give your body plenty of time to rest and grow.
    If your workn out too much its just gonna hurt your goal of gettn big.
    Try not to work out the same bodypart within 6 days.

    as for supps
    creatine ( regular cheap mono will work fine dont waste your $ )
    whey pro. ( good for after your workout or to fill in any gaps in your 6-8 meals a day )

    pills..... well if you got the cash to spend i would recomend Superman Stack (stoked,activate,lean x) or Prime + PowerFULL

    good luck bro
    SELFofGOD,

    I was wondering if you could explain those stacks a little bit. Are they steroids? If you had to pick between the two, then which would you choose? What's the difference between the two? Are they safe?

    Thanks.
  20. Advanced Member
    Dizmal's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    370
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    60.97%

    You should ask more important questions like which routine to use to gain mass and what foods to eat. Not if the stacks mentioned are steroids or if they're safe


    Just send the money to me, your results will be the same...
  21. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    6937
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    The stacks are fine but make no mistake about it if you don't have a proper diet and training program the supps will not help. If your diet and training are on point then the supps will help. The Superman stack run with a great diet and training will help produce results.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:15 AM
  2. should I really continue to run when trying to gain muscle mass?
    By tarheel10 in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
  3. Muscle Mass Gain Question
    By IrishRugby34 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 03:02 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 03:06 PM
  5. gain weight and muscle mass?
    By heisler27 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in