Cissus Use post-Tendon Surgery

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of any research, articles, etc which speak of the safety and efficacy of using cissus after having reparation surgery on a tendon?

I'm really looking to help the healing process but do not want to do anything to inhibit it. Looking for more than anecdotal responses too since most people use it when their tendons are already intact.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JJC go to pub med and take a look. They have all the research articles yo need which speak of the safty and efficacy of drugs and vitamins, herbs etc.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I searched google scholar for studies regarding cissus and tendon repair specifically and got nothing.

I'll try pubmed but figured with all the supp companies around here touting cissus, someone would chime in...

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe there is any specific literature on cissus and tendon repair. It's definately not going to hurt. Should help bring down post op inflammation.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I used this post surgery when I had hip resurfacing 3 years ago. I honestly believe it works as my recovery time was half of what most people report. I highly recommend it!

kck

Awards
This is anecdotal of course, but I used it when I fractured my ankle and tore some ligaments. It may be coincidence, but my doc said my ligaments healed stiff, which is rare, but preferred in the case of my ankle. Having said that, it took forever to get my ankle stretched back out through physical therapy 3 - 4x a week for 9 months after getting out of cast. Could be coincidence, but I took cissus regularly

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is anecdotal of course, but I used it when I fractured my ankle and tore some ligaments. It may be coincidence, but my doc said my ligaments healed stiff, which is rare, but preferred in the case of my ankle. Having said that, it took forever to get my ankle stretched back out through physical therapy 3 - 4x a week for 9 months after getting out of cast. Could be coincidence, but I took cissus regularly
Be really careful- a low to medium dose is great and will speed recovery from injury, but higher doses tend to work almost too well- you may end up growing heterotopic bone where the tendon is healing. I have seen this happen to a couple different people who were taking mega-doses of CQD

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anyone know of any research, articles, etc which speak of the safety and efficacy of using cissus after having reparation surgery on a tendon?

I'm really looking to help the healing process but do not want to do anything to inhibit it. Looking for more than anecdotal responses too since most people use it when their tendons are already intact.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/23856-cissus-quadrangularis.html

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/CropFactSheets/cissus.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1800848/

:bigok: