pre-workout

BossHauss

Awards
Any of you guys want to try and compile a definitive list of ingredients for a non-stim pre-workout concoction?

So far:
creatine
beta-alanine
BCAA
GPLC

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys want to try and compile a definitive list of ingredients for a non-stim pre-workout concoction?

So far:
creatine
beta-alanine
BCAA
GPLC
or just get pre-max and and some MAP Use the Map to mix in the Cretine and BCAA and you can add the Beta to the PRe-max...

BossHauss

Awards
I'm one of the few who thinks pre-max is a little pricey. I mean, its peptopro + GPLC + pomegranete + electrolytes...

Ya saying we should add these ingredients to the list??

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Haven't had a chance to try it yet because I ordered all of it this weekend! :D but the plan is:
mixed in POM concentrate juice: (50CHO)
B-complex
L-norvaline 100mg+
GPLC 4.5g
Citriline 5g
Creatine mono 3g
Beta alanine 1.5g
EAA 12.5g
bcaa 5g
200mg caffeine
Pslin

BossHauss

Awards
That mix looks good Quinc. I've read that caffeine reduces the effectiveness of creatine, and most preworkouts (including your blend) contain both. What do you think about that?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm one of the few who thinks pre-max is a little pricey. I mean, its peptopro + GPLC + pomegranete + electrolytes...

Ya saying we should add these ingredients to the list??
Premax is much more than that. There's many awesome ingredients in there and the great thing about it is....you know your getting those ingredients. Its not
"proprietary blend" Its always been cheaper to make your own pre workout......but to make something match premax you would have to purchase many raws. Your list looks great man, thats an awesome start. Preworkouts dont have to be 89 ingredients haha. If you are looking for another non stim preworkout drink check out slingshot by Axis. I enjoyed that and it could give you some ideas.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Premax is much more than that. There's many awesome ingredients in there and the great thing about it is....you know your getting those ingredients. Its not
"proprietary blend" Its always been cheaper to make your own pre workout......but to make something match premax you would have to purchase many raws. Your list looks great man, thats an awesome start. Preworkouts dont have to be 89 ingredients haha. If you are looking for another non stim preworkout drink check out slingshot by Axis. I enjoyed that and it could give you some ideas.
what he said or you can try MST Rag None Caff

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
That mix looks good Quinc. I've read that caffeine reduces the effectiveness of creatine, and most preworkouts (including your blend) contain both. What do you think about that?
This what i think about that:

Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010 Apr 22. [Epub ahead of print]
Effect of Two Doses of Caffeine on Muscular Function during Isokinetic Exercise.

Astorino TA, Terzi MN, Roberson DW, Burnett TR.

1Department of Kinesiology, CSU-San Marcos, San Marcos, CA; 2Department of Kinesiology, San Diego State University-San Diego, CA.
Abstract

ABSTRACT: Studies provide equivocal results regarding the ergogenic properties of caffeine during high intensity exercise. PURPOSE:: The primary aim of this study was to examine the effects of two doses of caffeine on peak/average torque, power output, and total work of the knee extensors and flexors during two bouts of high-intensity exercise. METHODS:: Fifteen active men (mean age and body mass = 26.4 +/- 3.9 yr and 82.7 +/- 2.9 kg) initially completed a familiarization bout on the isokinetic dynamometer, followed by three subsequent trials separated by at least 48 h. Exercise consisted of two bouts of 40 repetitions of maximal knee extension and flexion of the dominant leg at a contraction velocity equal to 180 deg/s. Prior to each trial, subjects abstained from caffeine intake and intense exercise for 48 h. Treatment order (5 mg/kg, 2 mg/kg of anhydrous caffeine, or placebo) was randomly assigned to subjects using a single-blind, counterbalanced, crossover design. A 3 (treatment) X 2 (sets) analysis of variance with repeated measures was used to detect differences in performance across treatment and time. RESULTS:: Compared to placebo, caffeine significantly (p < 0.05) enhanced peak knee flexion torque, knee extension/flexion total work, and knee extension/flexion power in bout 1 with no effect in bout 2. Only the 5 mg/kg dose of caffeine improved performance, with the magnitude of performance improvement ranging from 5 - 8 %. CONCLUSIONS:: Data suggest that a relatively high (5 mg/kg body weight) but not low (2 mg/kg body weight) caffeine dose is ergogenic for maximal knee extension/flexion exercise.

PMID: 20421833 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

omg

omg

Awards

So far:
creatine
beta-alanine
BCAA
GPLC
plus...

citrulline malte
vit c
glicerol
glutammine
taurine
ala
Maltodextrin
bump!

BossHauss

Awards
Quinc, there is no doubt in my mind that caffeine improves explosive power. I was pointing out that it is known that caffeine reduces the effectiveness of creatine, which that study does not address. I was curious if you were aware of some optimum amount of caffeine that did not blunt the effects of creatine.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Quinc, there is no doubt in my mind that caffeine improves explosive power. I was pointing out that it is known that caffeine reduces the effectiveness of creatine, which that study does not address. I was curious if you were aware of some optimum amount of caffeine that did not blunt the effects of creatine.
That is a good question and I do not know the answer, at least I haven't found any studies on it. However, everyone is different and the best way to figure it out would be to use just creatine for a couple weeks, then try adding in some caffeine for the next couple of weeks and see which one works better for you.