A Cure for Hangovers?

Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Banned
Awards
I found this to be very interesting: Taken from Patent 6485758

Small abstract: A cure for a hangover containing the active ingredient ephedrine in powdered form enclosed in a capsule. In a second embodiment this cure contains ephedrine and charcoal, while in a third embodiment, this cure contains Ephedra, charcoal and Vitamin B6. The use of any one of the three embodiments reduces the symptoms associated with alcohol intoxication and hangovers thereby speeding up recovery. The Ephedra, Vitamin B-6 and charcoal may be combined on a wt % ratio of 1:2.5:10. The Ephedra may come in the form of Ma Huang having 6% wt % Ephedra. One type of dosage is in the form of individual capsules having 10 Mg of Ephedra, 25 Mg of Vitamin B-6 and 100 Mg of activated charcoal. The recommended dosage would be two capsules so that users who are experiencing a hangover or alcohol related side effects may take up to 20 Mg of Ephedra, 50 Mg of Vitamin B-6 and 200 Mg of activated charcoal. This cure may also consist of a therapeutic method for curing the effects of alcohol consumption wherein this dosage could be taken after the consumption of alcohol.

The entire study is located here: Hangover treatment - Patent 6485758

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I drink as much water pre bed as I can fit into my stomach, works like a charm. I rarely drink anymore tho

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lion's Tea-Hangover.....look for it april 30th

Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Banned
Awards
I drink as much water pre bed as I can fit into my stomach, works like a charm. I rarely drink anymore tho
I never have hangovers any more. Top quality Scotch or Whiskey are the only things that I will drink (alcohol related). But I am just like you; water, water, then more water... I don't care how many times I have to get up and pee, it sure beats feeling like horse dung in the morning.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I never have hangovers any more. Top quality Scotch or Whiskey are the only things that I will drink (alcohol related). But I am just like you; water, water, then more water... I don't care how many times I have to get up and pee, it sure beats feeling like horse dung in the morning.
If you drink enough of it, the quality of the liquor doesn't matter haha. But thanks for bragging. And water helps but it isn't everything. I think the idea of the convo here is for things outside of the givens...

Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Banned
Awards
If you drink enough of it, the quality of the liquor doesn't matter haha. But thanks for bragging. And water helps but it isn't everything. I think the idea of the convo here is for things outside of the givens...
Bragging? Yeah, okay...

Outside the givens? Yep, that's why I posted the article.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The standard preventative measure for me is NAC + Vitamin C + K-R-ALA before and after drinking. Works everytime.

What works even better is to not drink though. Its true, look it up.

Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Banned
Awards
The standard preventative measure for me is NAC + Vitamin C + K-R-ALA before and after drinking. Works everytime.

LOL!
I've used Poseidon with great results in the past, as well as pure Niacin at a high dose. Worked like a charm.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i have been sober for 13 years, but just wanted to stop in and warn you guys about tylenol or acetaminophen products-don't take them for a hangover! that's all, carry on!!!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
The cure for a hangover is to a.) never sober up or b.) pig-out on Mcdonalds !!

:food:

lol j/k

I chug water and take alieve in the morning with more H2O. In an hour ya feel like a new person.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to never get hangovers, no matter what I drank nor how much and I could get up at 0500 and run 3 miles. That was my early 20's, now that I'm 29 I am not that lucky any more. Hangovers are hit and miss and no matter what I tried I have no solid cure for me. Just keep H2O on hand for the morning and some excedrin and suck it up. However, I stopped drinking last November and subsequently so did the hangovers..lol

dawn01

Banned
Awards
There are many folk cures that are supposed to help cure a hangover. Many of them will help you cope by replenishing the vitamins and liquid you lost over night, while some like avoiding caffeine are very important to a quicker recovery. There is no one size fits all cure, find what works for you but the list below is a good place to start.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Drink a cup of water between every 2-3 drinks. Then food, b12 vitamin, water pre-bed and i'm good to go.

2ripp3dup

2ripp3dup

Awards
drinking lts of water always works. and its free.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I read a Kid Rock interview a long time ago. He keeps a "super gatorade" called Pedialyte and drinks a bottle of it before bed. I remember I tried it once and it worked great. Pedialytes is available at RiteAid/CVS/Walgreens in the baby nutrition aisle.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I've tried this for a couple years now and It's amazing how much it works! :thinking:

I remember back in the day I had a protocol. I was a smart drunk. ( atleast I thought!) I always took ALC and Milk thistle on a daily basis. I drank gatorade and plenty of fluids while I drank and this killed a lot of the physical effects on the body and the next day I'd take a detox formula with a special blend of herbs and such. This all worked fine for me for awhile until the mental effects started to kick in. The down regulation of gaba, serotonin, dopamine, ect. and the up regulation of glutamate which left me wired and anxious all the time. Nothing but cutting back on the drinking would help this part of the hangover. After a night of drinking physically I'd be fine but the next day I'd be terribly depressed and anxious as my serotonin and gaba are desperately trying to rebound. Eventually the mental effects wouldn't rebound as fast as I kept drinking and I started to feel depressed and anxious all the time. I eventually had no choice but to quit drinking. By this time however the damage was done and I've never been the same.