Whey vs Mixed proteins

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
What are people's take on mixed proteins like Myofusion and Pro-complex vs regular Whey protein?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I much prefer mixed. I use dymatize elite gourmet protein, tasty stuff.

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
I'm thinking about trying a mixed protein next time i order a 5 lb bottle, i've been getting a bit tired of ON whey and I need a break.

acwingfoot

Awards
I know its a little pricier this way .. but I use WPI or Whey protein in the morning or Post-WO when I need something fast digesting and more of an insulin spike.. and then mixed proteins (LG Lipotropic) during the day/pre-bed if I cannot get to a whole food meal..

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
if I can't get a whole meal in I quick throw
1/2 cup oats
table spoon flax seed or other oil
a banana
some milk
scoop of protein powder
and anything else edible and blendable lying around
into a blender and slam it down haha

acwingfoot

Awards
haha i agree the blender makes a great best friend

Fenway

Awards
What are people's take on mixed proteins like Myofusion and Pro-complex vs regular Whey protein?
You can make a mixed protein at home far cheaper than you what you will spend if you buy one like Myofusion or procomplex. I purchase a few different proteins in 5 lbs buckets, and mix and match to make what I want at any given time. I know its a little more work, but I think it is worth it. I have an empty ON bottle, and I will mix up a batch and when its emply, make another batch. Nutrabio.com has a good selection with multiple sources i.e. whey, soy, etc. You can also look at Protein Factory's clearence section for some good buys.

A good tip it is to put your oats in a coffee grinder and make them a powder form, like ground coffee, this way it is easier to drink and add to your shakes. Also, slightly frozen fruit mixes better than fresh. I place the fruity in the freezer and take it out a few hours before I use it, except for bananas.

Just my .02, hope it helps.