lactose intolerant?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i found some alfalfa at my local walmart a lil over a month ago because it was $3 and wanted to try it out to help w/ digestion. oddly enough after i started taking it i drank some milk and it didnt bother me at all. it was probably the first time in the last year or so that i didnt have to run to the bathroom right afterwards. ive been drinkin milk since then and i have no idea how its possible but its not bothering me. its the only thing ive changed recently so i duno what else it could be. i got those lactose pills to take w/milk and that didnt even help but this is so cheap and ive been dosing 1.3 grams (2 little caps) 3 times a day. i cant find any evidence online as to why it would help but it does. im curious to see if anyone else has any input. for people who cant drink milk, this really cant hurt to try. and its so cheap. $3 for 1.5-2 months worth...

Punisher63e

Awards
That is very interesting! I am also lactose intolerant! I use the lactase enzyme pills as well and they work good for me, except for on milk/ice cream, just like you. However, I buy lactose free milk at the store and that I have no issues with.

I have also recently come to the conclusion that I am allergic to something in eggs, as they make me gassy and often times will give me the ****s, but not until like 12hrs after eating them. I would wake up at like 4am and have to dart to the bathroom. Sometimes it would be every day for a week and then it would stop, but once I stopped eating eggs... No more problems. My breakfast options are so poor lol.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
lol definetly give it a go. that lactose free milk is like twice the price of regular milk, but i think it tastes a little better. its like more sugary tasting :) kinda reminds me of that oryx goat whey protein. the alfalfa is supposed to have a bunch of enzymes in it to help break down food and help w/absorbtion

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wow , no shiit. I'm gonna do some searches and ask around to see what I can dig up.

I'm also a member of the lactose intolerant misfits. Lactase enzymes don't help and I can only drink Lactaid in very small doses. Luckily have no issues whatsoever with eggs :dunno:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
wow , no shiit. I'm gonna do some searches and ask around to see what I can dig up.

I'm also a member of the lactose intolerant misfits. Lactase enzymes don't help and I can only drink Lactaid in very small doses. Luckily have no issues whatsoever with eggs :dunno:
ya. Lactaid will bother me if I drink more than just a little bit. It's weird

Punisher63e

Awards
wow, maybe you guys are allergic to milk then. I have no issues with the lactaid milk or breyers lactose free ice cream... Or cheeses and the such. Only thing I can't touch is regular milk or ice cream, even with the lactase pills. Everything else, the pills take care of.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk FTW!!!!11111

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk FTW!!!!11111
lol, if u dont like protein. im pretty sure that stuff has 1g protein/serving :p id only drink milk for protein and calcium. but as far as flavor goes... that chocolate soy milk from the brand "silk" is very good

Punisher63e

Awards
I'm dead set on the belief that soy is teh evilz

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I'm dead set on the belief that soy is teh evilz
i havnt had anything soy in a while. some protein bars have soy in them, tho. prolly about twice a year i end up buying soymilk just to enjoy the flavor. i used to drink it a lot and i never noticed any bad side effects so i dont think its that big of a deal. never got b1tch tits or moody from high estrogen(doubt its even that influential at all) so all is good

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Punisher,
we were on the same page. I got tested for milk allergy and nothing, came up negative so who knows :dunno:

Tnubs,
I'm finding info that discusses fiber content in alfalfa. I'm still working on another source to see if there might be any ezymatic activity.

Interesting topic, props for bringing it up regardless of what info we find :cheers: