lactose intolerant?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

lactose intolerant?

i found some alfalfa at my local walmart a lil over a month ago because it was $3 and wanted to try it out to help w/ digestion. oddly enough after i started taking it i drank some milk and it didnt bother me at all. it was probably the first time in the last year or so that i didnt have to run to the bathroom right afterwards. ive been drinkin milk since then and i have no idea how its possible but its not bothering me. its the only thing ive changed recently so i duno what else it could be. i got those lactose pills to take w/milk and that didnt even help but this is so cheap and ive been dosing 1.3 grams (2 little caps) 3 times a day. i cant find any evidence online as to why it would help but it does. im curious to see if anyone else has any input. for people who cant drink milk, this really cant hurt to try. and its so cheap. $3 for 1.5-2 months worth...
    CELTIC LABS REP

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

That is very interesting! I am also lactose intolerant! I use the lactase enzyme pills as well and they work good for me, except for on milk/ice cream, just like you. However, I buy lactose free milk at the store and that I have no issues with.

I have also recently come to the conclusion that I am allergic to something in eggs, as they make me gassy and often times will give me the ****s, but not until like 12hrs after eating them. I would wake up at like 4am and have to dart to the bathroom. Sometimes it would be every day for a week and then it would stop, but once I stopped eating eggs... No more problems. My breakfast options are so poor lol.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

lol definetly give it a go. that lactose free milk is like twice the price of regular milk, but i think it tastes a little better. its like more sugary tasting kinda reminds me of that oryx goat whey protein. the alfalfa is supposed to have a bunch of enzymes in it to help break down food and help w/absorbtion
    CELTIC LABS REP
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

wow , no shiit. I'm gonna do some searches and ask around to see what I can dig up.

I'm also a member of the lactose intolerant misfits. Lactase enzymes don't help and I can only drink Lactaid in very small doses. Luckily have no issues whatsoever with eggs
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    wow , no shiit. I'm gonna do some searches and ask around to see what I can dig up.

I'm also a member of the lactose intolerant misfits. Lactase enzymes don't help and I can only drink Lactaid in very small doses. Luckily have no issues whatsoever with eggs
    ya. Lactaid will bother me if I drink more than just a little bit. It's weird
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

wow, maybe you guys are allergic to milk then. I have no issues with the lactaid milk or breyers lactose free ice cream... Or cheeses and the such. Only thing I can't touch is regular milk or ice cream, even with the lactase pills. Everything else, the pills take care of.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk FTW!!!!11111
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk FTW!!!!11111
    lol, if u dont like protein. im pretty sure that stuff has 1g protein/serving id only drink milk for protein and calcium. but as far as flavor goes... that chocolate soy milk from the brand "silk" is very good
    CELTIC LABS REP
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

I'm dead set on the belief that soy is teh evilz
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher63e View Post
    I'm dead set on the belief that soy is teh evilz
    i havnt had anything soy in a while. some protein bars have soy in them, tho. prolly about twice a year i end up buying soymilk just to enjoy the flavor. i used to drink it a lot and i never noticed any bad side effects so i dont think its that big of a deal. never got b1tch tits or moody from high estrogen(doubt its even that influential at all) so all is good
    CELTIC LABS REP
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Punisher,
    we were on the same page. I got tested for milk allergy and nothing, came up negative so who knows

Tnubs,
    I'm finding info that discusses fiber content in alfalfa. I'm still working on another source to see if there might be any ezymatic activity.

Interesting topic, props for bringing it up regardless of what info we find
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. lactose intolerant...
    By tnubs in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM
  2. Lactose Intolerant?
    By AMTorres in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM
  3. Is it possible to be creatine intolerant?
    By mcQ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 03:30 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 11:45 PM