Preworkout Supplements

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
After months of experimenting with preworkout supplements I thought I would provide my thoughts to date. I have a closet full of preworkout supplements. These include:
Animal Pump
No Shotgun
GPLC
Ultima
PreMax
JP8
Nos Ether
Hyper Pump
GlycerGrow
Green Magnitude
White Flood
Blue Print
Ragnarok
Super Pump 250 (old version)
NoXplode

I have tried all of them all individually and many in combination. Individually:

Two scoops of Ragnorok and two scoops of Super Pump 250 work fairly well but give me the runs about two hours after ingestion.

NoShotgun and NoXplde work well initially but the effects of both soon fade with regular repeated use. They work best if they are only used once or twice a week at most. NoXplode is pretty strong in the stim department so don’t use late at night.

JP8 works well but is the nastiest tasting stuff on the planet. I tastes like dried horse urine concentrate.

Nos Ether has a similar preworkout effect to JP8 but the taste is milder and mixes well with other products therefore the taste is easier to mask.

I have tried taking GlycerGrow by itself and in combination with other products and I can’t say I’ve noticed anything from this product I would say the same for Animal Pump.

White Flood works well but is pretty strong in the stim department and since I workout at night it keeps me up late, I have not tried Jack 3d for this reason.

Ultima is one of my favorite products as far a performance is concerned but I can’t handle the chemical after taste. Omega is aware of the problem and working on improving the taste, I just hope they don’t decrease the overall effectiveness in the process.

PreMax is also very good but the taste is bitter and difficult to tolerate as well, moreover it is very expensive.

Blue Print is difficult to evaluate, it supposed to enhance the effect of almost everything but it's difficult to tell if it is doing anything. You have to use this product on faith.

After trying each product individually I began to experiment with combinations.

1. Thus far my favorite combo is one scoop Nos Ether (two scoops if you can handle the taste), two scoops Green Magnitude and a bottle of Hyper Pump. This combo is decent tasting and gives great pumps. It’s also good for focus and energy during my workout. I have used this combo for many months and it never fails to produce good results.

2. My second favorite combo is one scoop PreMax, one scoop Ragnorok and a full serving of GPLC (4.5gm). Again this is decent tasting and provides great pumps, good focus and energy. Mixing with Rag cuts the cost of PreMax and provides a mild stim effect and improves the taste of the PreMax. The stim effect from one scoop of Rag gives me a mild energy boost and still allows me to sleep well at night. I workout about 6:00 P.M.

3. I love Omega with a full serving of GLPC. It gives great pumps, decent energy (natural), excellent stamina and focus but the taste is too much for me to handle. I have tried nearly everything I can think of to mask the chemical aftertaste to no avail.

I have tried numerous other combos but these three consistently produce the best results for me. I know everyone has their favorites so take this information for what it's worth. I am not affiliated with any supplement company and buy all my own supplements so I can "call um as I see um".

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
nice little breakdown man... this should answer alot of questions for people... maybe link this in your sig?

just saying... people are always asking about preworkouts that you list, and this would be a good reference.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
thanks i will try #3 i do not mind the taste of anything.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look, nothing personal, but this is absolutely useless for 99 out of 100 people. I dig the effort, and the fact that you found your personal pre-workout solution, but the "hey, let's mix multiple full servings of multiple all-in-one products together" approach is 1) expensive, 2) extreme, and 3) unnecessary in my humble opinion.

Take rag. I'm using it right now, decaf, great stuff. A scoop, which is a single serving, has 2gm beta alanine, and more than enough creatine and brain support. Taking two scoops means you're taking 4gm BA in one sitting, and very large amounts of other ingredients. Rag is by no means underdosed, btw. If you're taking regular rag, that's 400mg caffeine.

With all due respect, iif you don't feel 400mg caffeine, the solution isn't to take more. If you don't get a pump from a scoop of rag, good constant nutrition, and a good workout, then again, the solution is not usually two scoops. I don't mean to rip the OP. Like I said, more power to him. But I think its irresponsible to post stuff like this for all the retard n00bs to reference here. And I think the OP should add some carbs to his diet, and do some high rep/high intensity stuff to get a kick ass pump, instead of overmedicating.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
poison, i agree with you... i guess i should've been more specific in my response.

i like how the OP broke down his reviews since people are always asking "do you like so-and-so product, and how was it for you?.."

.. but i'm not into stacking preWOs with a few exceptions (jack3d and anadraulic pump is an awesome stack, depending on the scoops of course)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
glycergrow(glycerol monosterate) beats any preworkout as far as pump and hydration are concerned. if you drink enough water, the pumps will be huge and literally last for hours. i duno if you were looking for a stim effect from it but its just meant for pump/hydration. it also helps a little with recovery. GLPC might be stronger, but ive never tried it.

edit: just looked up hyper pump and the main ingredient is glycerin, which is basically the same thing thats in glycergrow just liquid form instead of solid. plus its $3/workout... wow

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
You b!tch about taste a lot... even saying "it worked BUT it tastes bad" wtf? who cares how it tastes?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
glycergrow(glycerol monosterate) beats any preworkout as far as pump and hydration are concerned. if you drink enough water, the pumps will be huge and literally last for hours. i duno if you were looking for a stim effect from it but its just meant for pump/hydration. it also helps a little with recovery. GLPC might be stronger, but ive never tried it.

edit: just looked up hyper pump and the main ingredient is glycerin, which is basically the same thing thats in glycergrow just liquid form instead of solid. plus its $3/workout... wow
That stuff did nothing for me.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen, I have spent a great deal of time, effort and money evaluating all of the products above. Supplements are expensive and there is a lot from which to choose. I appreciate those who post their honest and unbiased opinions of virtually any product on the market. It helps in the decision making process and hopefully will save time and money. If you don't care about the taste then just ignore that part of the post. Moreover, if obtaining a steller pump was as easy as eating a lot of simple carbs and doing high reps there wouldn't be so many preworkout supps on the market. As I said just take the information for what it's worth.

LowSodium

LowSodium

Awards
There are some real A-holes on this site....... To anybody who takes the time posting personal information and how it pertains to them, thank you. Only a fool would apply everything one read, to oneself.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You b!tch about taste a lot... even saying "it worked BUT it tastes bad" wtf? who cares how it tastes?
In theory, I don't, but taking some horrible **** daily gets tiring. Icariin, anyone?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, your missing the best Pre-workout on the list LOL, It's not big yet, but you have to give N2KTS a try if you have tried all of them, I have tried most of them except Pre-max and I find N2KTS is the best Pre-workout supp IMO.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do appreciate you listing your thoughts on Ultima. I wondered if Omega could get that to be good tasting or not considering the ingredient panel. Taste is not a big factor for me but aftertaste is; I don't want to be burping up something vile during my workout. As for NOS Ether, I take it occasionally and you are right about it... it may be somewhat effective but there are others I don't want to choke on when I drink them like I do with Ether. Funny they chose that name for it, it tastes almost as bad as real ether smells.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro, your missing the best Pre-workout on the list LOL, It's not big yet, but you have to give N2KTS a try if you have tried all of them, I have tried most of them except Pre-max and I find N2KTS is the best Pre-workout supp IMO.
Spam it up, bro.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spam it up, bro.
Why do you say spam? I think it's the best PWO supp, it worked the best for me, theres a few people on here as well that agree it's a sick Pre-workout supplement.

:tool:

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried JP8. Thats all I have to say LOL VERY nice focus and some great workouts (on the days it didn't make me sick, about 50/50 shot) but I ended up throwing it out. When you are gagging with every drink trying to shoot it down fast and the taste stays in your mouth for 2 hours post......it does make a difference lol

And I am not a big taste person. Carry on :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why do you say spam? I think it's the best PWO supp, it worked the best for me, theres a few people on here as well that agree it's a sick Pre-workout supplement.

:tool:
Just the way ypou go about inserting mention of it pretty frequently. It doesn't look that impressive or innovative to me, but if you like it, make a thread, post up the ingredients here for us to see, give a mini review, and get the company over here. Its a big board; if the product is good, they'll sell a lot.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just the way ypou go about inserting mention of it pretty frequently. It doesn't look that impressive or innovative to me, but if you like it, make a thread, post up the ingredients here for us to see, give a mini review, and get the company over here. Its a big board; if the product is good, they'll sell a lot.

In a pre-workout thread ya I will suggest it because I believe it works great, just like you suggest things, but if I dislike a company or supplement I'm not going to start hating and say Spam, or say it doesn't look impressive or innovative, if you tried it, I'm sure you would say differently.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried JP8. Thats all I have to say LOL VERY nice focus and some great workouts (on the days it didn't make me sick, about 50/50 shot) but I ended up throwing it out. When you are gagging with every drink trying to shoot it down fast and the taste stays in your mouth for 2 hours post......it does make a difference lol

And I am not a big taste person. Carry on :)
Yeah, I've used the grape jp8 lol it does taste like ****, i always parachuted. I just took my first dose of my grape Muscle Marinade though, seriously tastes like welches grape juice with less sugar haha off to the gym in a few!!!

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of N2KTS, who makes it? My JP8 wound up in the trash also. It's effective but I can't stand the taste. What I like about both PreMax and Ultima is that both are good for overall health. There's a lot of positive research behind the health benefits of GPLC. Moreover, Dr. Houser helped design Ultima and he stands behind the health benefits of the product. I haven't tried Muscle Marinade but the ingredient list dosen't look very impressive.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Preworkout supps that are healthy are great. You ever try RPM, bbb?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never heard of N2KTS, who makes it? My JP8 wound up in the trash also. It's effective but I can't stand the taste. What I like about both PreMax and Ultima is that both are good for overall health. There's a lot of positive research behind the health benefits of GPLC. Moreover, Dr. Houser helped design Ultima and he stands behind the health benefits of the product. I haven't tried Muscle Marinade but the ingredient list dosen't look very impressive.
Deceivingly so IMO.

Reviews have been positive across the board. It has a very strong stim effect for most everyone. And every ingredient is based on human studies and at dosages used in those studies. Obviously not flashy, but what works isn't that flashy :)

/Pimp

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's from need2buildmuscle, I got Samples of it from there site. I really wanted to try Pre-max, but they don't send it to Canada, I have tried JP8 as well, I liked it, but I found it gave me way to much of a Caffeine rush.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Preworkout supps that are healthy are great. You ever try RPM, bbb?
Yes I have, on several occasions, in fact I think I have part of a bottle in my stash right now. RPM is good stuff but underdosed IMO. I had to experiment to find my sweet spot, once found it was really effective for energy inhancement. I can't say I got much of a pump from it though.
I've read some posts stating that the formulation has been changed and the new is not as effective as the old version, mine is the older version so I can't comment.

I also have some Black Cat. I'm usually not very sensitive to stims but two of these really gets me wound. I can only handle one tab at a time otherwise I have way to much energy and want to slap everyone in the gym.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wish SMASH Fully Loaded was part of the mix to see how you felt it matched up.

Very nice breakdown, was an interesting read.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I have a jug of Glyergrow. I have tried it on numerous occasions and it does nothing for me. However, glycerol in liquid form works great. I would like to know what I am doing wrong. I would love for this stuff to work. It's cheap and a tub lasts forever.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
comments like this are hysterical. because you like something certainly doesnt make it a fact that its the best or beats out the others lol.
Thats why I said IMO and I said works best for me. MY FAV

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
comments like this are hysterical. because you like something certainly doesnt make it a fact that its the best or beats out the others lol.
i suppose we all have our own opinions

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thats why I said IMO and I said works best for me. MY FAV
I quoted your exact words where you said he was missing the best product. As if by some freak occurence the supplement gods asked "judgementday" to stand in and choose the best item ever created for the category...lol

I couldn't care less one way or another, it was just kind of funny to read that the best option wasn't listed. I wasn't aware.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I quoted your exact words where you said he was missing the best product. As if by some freak occurence the supplement gods asked "judgementday" to stand in and choose the best item ever created for the category...lol

I couldn't care less one way or another, it was just kind of funny to read that the best option wasn't listed. I wasn't aware.
Now you know:p lol

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established

as far as MST is concerned, i did get good pumps off of citruvol :p

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as far as MST is concerned, i did get good pumps off of citruvol :p
I really liked the combo of Ragnorok, Citruvol and Carnage, really sick Pumps.

Punisher63e

Awards
I have a jug of Glyergrow. I have tried it on numerous occasions and it does nothing for me. However, glycerol in liquid form works great. I would like to know what I am doing wrong. I would love for this stuff to work. It's cheap and a tub lasts forever.
Ya, I gotta say I get a really good pump that lasts for at least an hour and I've been working out all natural with nothing more than some creatine mono and a pre-workout shake (CytoGainer).

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the caffeine and sugar related pumps/work-out stims.

I just think you are doing something wrong if you can't get an all-natural pump. I am absolutely not the most healthy person around either and my diet is usually **** too. But on those rare days when I'm at the gym and I actually feel good that day, I can get an all natural killer pump. Just remember that what you stick in your body today, is going to effect you down the road. So the less sugars/caffeine and trash you put in now, the better you'll be when weight lifting becomes a real choir.

That being said, we appreciate your review of those products. Also, I'm starting a mild PH stack this Monday lol.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
No one has mentioned Nitroceps. ;)
until I saw this post, I was going to quote the few Citruvol comments and highly recommend those people give NitroCeps a shot. Nitro/Cre-02 combo is by far my fav ever.

ekdevil

Awards
my fave,gatorade powder+2.5g creatine mono+glass of water+100-200mgcaffeine(+geranamine or Ephedrine when im feeling lazy).also whole grain wheat toast with peanut butter a bit earlier as a preworkout meal.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
until I saw this post, I was going to quote the few Citruvol comments and highly recommend those people give NitroCeps a shot. Nitro/Cre-02 combo is by far my fav ever.
Nitroceps/rag are outstanding.