IBE Formex alternative + 5-ar inhibitor? + depressed, Hair loss, Guggul - AnabolicMinds.com

IBE Formex alternative + 5-ar inhibitor? + depressed, Hair loss, Guggul

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.

Unhappy IBE Formex alternative + 5-ar inhibitor? + depressed, Hair loss, Guggul

Hi, first off, my apologies to thebigt for hijacking his personal thread. I honestly am simply desperate for all your knowledge regarding this matter.

I'm 24, have outlined my situation below for quick reading. I just wanted to ask briefly about AIs, like IBE formex / Formestane MCPE aka 4-hydroxy-17B-(1'-methoxy)-cyclopentoxyandrost-4-en-3-one (was it really discontinued) and if there's anything that has the same molecule. I've learned about this AI only yesterday.

A) I took medium-high doses of Guggul / Guggulsterone / guggulipid (anti-cholesterol/FXR antagonist/estrogen agonist) for my acne in 2006 which made me lose hair all over my body (diffused, brows, beard, armpits, arm, legs, scalp, everything; my theory is since it blocks cholesterol production via FXR inhibition, it affected hair growth, in the same way that statins also have hair loss as side effect); now I'm starting to lose a lot in my scalp and had developed a pattern. The facial/body hair has started coming back though with me using taurine and grape seed extract (95% opc, + procyanidin b-2) both orally and transdermally. I no longer take Guggul.

B) So I've tried taking DHT / 5-ar inhibitors like Beta-Sitosterol, some genistein (soy), Vitex, EGCG. Now I have this tummy (most probably visceral fat) and slightly bloated face even though I am way skinny everywhere else. I don't take these anymore.

C) I'm currently 10 lbs heavier than my 2006 weight which I believe is brought by estradiol / estrogen dominance from taking those DHT inhibitors. I tried taking DIM (for about 3 weeks only, bad choice, made me shed even worse) and Nettle Root (not Divanil, just briefly, i got scared of further shedding).

D)
    1. Should I get the transdermal Formex (4-hydroxyandrostenedione aka Formestane only not the metabolite like in IBE Formex sold at Nutraplex) to apply them on my abdomen /face to slim them down, and take a 5-AR inhibitor along with it to minimize the DHT increase in Formex to avoid further hair loss?
    2. Is there an alternative to IBE Formex that has the same Formestane metabolite molecule?
    3. Do you have other suggestions for eliminating excess estrogen without increasing DHT on scalp? People take Formestane in combo with other supps. Am I missing something?

Thank you, all, for taking time. I wish I could be as built, fit, healthy and happy as everyone else.

P.S. I did see an endocrinologist last yr, but she simply brushed me off, only approved a total testosterone (TT) test (TT was about ~456). My serum ferritin is within normal range but serum iron is borderline low.

I wanted her to order a full hormone panel but she declined. They are probably trying to save expenses. Now I no longer have insurance. :'(

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why all the hormone manipulation? You would probably have less problems if you weren't taking supplements that affect hormonal balance.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2009 View Post
    C) I'm currently 10 lbs heavier than my 2006 weight which I believe is brought by estradiol / estrogen dominance from taking those DHT inhibitors. I tried taking DIM (for about 3 weeks only, bad choice, made me shed even worse) and Nettle Root (not Divanil, just briefly, i got scared of further shedding).
    Dude, your ten pounds heavier than 2006 because you ate too much. Stop over-thinking things.

Having a gut while being skinny everywhere else classifies you as the "skinny-fat" phenotype. Google Tony Bordain, imo, he is a classic example of this phenotype.

As for the bloated face, try increasing water intake to 1+ gal. and reducing sodium intake.

Divanil should be okay to use as it blocks binding of DHT to the scalp and prostate.

And to answer your question, you could try transdermal formestane or opt for Primordial Performance's new product. But seriously man, I highly doubt it's going to be the panacea you think it will be.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.

Hi, thanks, I honestly were clueless back then. I only read that Guggul article in BB that it does treat acne effectively, and it did treat my acne very quickly. I did not know about the side effects other than potential hyperthyroidism back then.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Dude, your ten pounds heavier than 2006 because you ate too much. Stop over-thinking things.

Having a gut while being skinny everywhere else classifies you as the "skinny-fat" phenotype. Google Tony Bordain, imo, he is a classic example of this phenotype.

As for the bloated face, try increasing water intake to 1+ gal. and reducing sodium intake.

Divanil should be okay to use as it blocks binding of DHT to the scalp and prostate.

And to answer your question, you could try transdermal formestane or opt for Primordial Performance's new product. But seriously man, I highly doubt it's going to be the panacea you think it will be.

Hi, dude, no I have been on a Paleo diet for a long time now. This is visceral fat which bulges in side view, not subcutaneous adipose tissue. My waist line is about 4 inches more than what I used to have. The bulge is long, not wide. Yet the rest of my body is still ectomorphic, way skinny.

Thank you for the suggestions. Could you kindly provide a pubmed link or any sourced article that mentions Divanil inhibits DHT binding?

Also, which Primordial product were you referring to? I went to their site and there's quite a lot of products without special mentions to whether or not they are new.

Thank you once again. I really appreciate your time.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Calories in = Calories out. If you eat too much you will get fat no matter what diet you are on.

The predominance of your gain in viceral adipose can possibly be attributed to your low T levels. (PMID: 10805506)

As for my comments on divanil, I could not find any hard evidence for the the inhibition of DHT binding to the scalp (besides the statements of a person selling it) only found it for the prostate. Anecdotally, it can cause shedding so I retact my previous statements regarding this supplement.

P.P. Formestane L.V.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hair Loss
    By PhREAK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 09:45 PM
  2. darkening hair/skin - alternative to melanotan
    By Shavani in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
  3. Replies: 0