Waxy Maize on a cut

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys can waxy maize (like GlucEvol) be used on a cut if it is kept to post workout?

I know it CAN be used anytime but it sounds like it has the potential to spill over into fat storage if one is not careful....is that accurate or is that an oversimplification?

Mr.50

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
if your going the no carb route then maybe rethink that but if your going to be eating carbs anyways and ur still under maintenance then you should be fine, especially after a workout when its less likely to go to fat

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if your going the no carb route then maybe rethink that but if your going to be eating carbs anyways and ur still under maintenance then you should be fine, especially after a workout when its less likely to go to fat
Thanks nubs..... I used to cut no carb but I realized that when I am all natural that cutting with no carbs just leaves me losing too much muscle.....so my cuts are basically with carbs now adays..... thats what I was thinking....just using the waxy maize after workouts and low GI carbs the rest of the day.

Mr.50

skrypt

Awards
What waxy maize supplement would you recomend? My diet is already low - moderate carb intake, and I like to get atleast half post workout. I don't have the time to cook vegetables after my workout, so I figured I'd try waxy maize.

OP: sorry to hijack your thread.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What waxy maize supplement would you recomend? My diet is already low - moderate carb intake, and I like to get atleast half post workout. I don't have the time to cook vegetables after my workout, so I figured I'd try waxy maize.

OP: sorry to hijack your thread.
No prob..... I was looking at glucEvol but there seems to be a whole bunch of good products out there.....for a wm product it seems taste and texture are key....most people like the original Vitargo from what I have read...

Mr.50

skrypt

Awards
Cool. I've been checking out Species Nutrition Carbolyze and PrimaForce Carb Slam. However, I would really like to hear what is working for people. I think you're right about taste and texture, especially if you're planning on taking it with an intra-workout drink.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
When dieting I like all my carb sources in the form of whole food :)

ecupirate

Awards
monster amino by cytosport is nice after a workout. has 30 grams of wm plus 5 gram bcaa. Taste is great too. 20 bucks for 30 serving aint bad either.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
from the studies ive seen, waxy maize doesnt do any better than most food sources. theres one on ergo-log if you trust that. personally, i eat a banana post workout. i feel like it hits faster for myself plus potassium and a little vitamin c make it a little more appealing than empty carbs.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
from the studies ive seen, waxy maize doesnt do any better than most food sources. theres one on ergo-log if you trust that. personally, i eat a banana post workout. i feel like it hits faster for myself plus potassium and a little vitamin c make it a little more appealing than empty carbs.
You may be right..... I just want to give the waxy a try as sort of a self experiment.... never tried it before.

Mr.50

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
It's a staple for me intra-workout. 50g of waxy maize with 200mg p-slin powder.

Been steady recomping for the past seven months of so. Never had a problem with it stopping me from losing fat. But then again, I only lift twice a week, so it's only moderate use.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
If you do a little research you will find tests that show that Waxy Maize follows the same insulin curve as simple sugar. It therefore spikes your insulin the same as sugar. This is fine for short term energy but not necessarily for long term weight loss.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
If you do a little research you will find tests that show that Waxy Maize follows the same insulin curve as simple sugar. It therefore spikes your insulin the same as sugar. This is fine for short term energy but not necessarily for long term weight loss.
So then it's safe to say that the whole Waxy Maize thing is just bullsh*t? I thought the whole advantage of WMS over anything else was it's rapid pass through the gut and into the bloodstream WITHOUT the insulin spike associated with other simple carbohydrates.

skrypt

Awards
So then it's safe to say that the whole Waxy Maize thing is just bullsh*t? I thought the whole advantage of WMS over anything else was it's rapid pass through the gut and into the bloodstream WITHOUT the insulin spike associated with other simple carbohydrates.
I was under the same impression.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Dante from True Protein claims the gastrointestinal forcing effect is a side effect of amylose versus amylopectin content (branched versus straight sugars) and that many WMS products (including the one studied) do not have the desired effect.

Take it with a grain of salt, since the solution offered is to buy TP brand WMS.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Wasy Maize is just another simple carb. It's basically corn starch.

ecupirate

Awards
I believe it is a good option after a work out. I am usually drained after I work out and taking WM with bcaa really help me feel a lot. If your going to use, save it for after a workout

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
After a workout would be the only time I would use simple carbs on a cut cycle. Although complex carbs would be better.

Defense

Awards
I use the Optimum Nutrition brand (grabbed it for relatively cheap at Supplement Warehouse). I'm doing keto now so basically dropped it from my diet, but will be adding it in on re-feed days at 100 grams.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
I use the Optimum Nutrition brand (grabbed it for relatively cheap at Supplement Warehouse). I'm doing keto now so basically dropped it from my diet, but will be adding it in on re-feed days at 100 grams.
i use IDS it tastes like **** but price is great and yes its just corn starch sp perfect for ut post WO carbss. If ur on a cut only use Post WO and low GCI carbs rest of the day as stated above

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/147712-logging-my-first.html