Shoulder Surgery Supplements

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I got the results of my MRI on my right shoulder today. Looks like I have a major bone spur penetrating my right deltoids. More than likely it'll require some form of surgery, and PT following. I'm hoping it's something they can hit with the scope, and be as least-invasive as possible.

All that being said, can you guys recommend supplements to help me aid in recovery as quickly as possible? I'm totally ready for surgery, but want to resume a normal life somewhat quickly after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your recovery time is gonna depend on what they find when they get in there. Let's say it's just a spur, you're looking at something like 4-8 weeks out of the gym as long as pain subsides quickly.

Let's say there's a minor cuff tear from the spur, you're looking at 6-10 weeks out of the gym and then a few months of light training to work your way back up.

If it's a complete massive tear, you're looking at a 16 week PT protocol and unfortunately AT LEAST 6 months out of the gym, more likely 8-10 months even for a healthy young man.

Supplement your body with tons of sleep and ice as often as you think about hot women :head: I'm talking 6-8 times per day.

Once the incision closes, use ice in a pillow case rather than those fruity gel packs. The old school method is 2-3 times more potent and 2-3 faster at getting swelling out. Plus you only have to leave aggressive icing for 8-10 minutes at a time to achieve full effect.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Your recovery time is gonna depend on what they find when they get in there. Let's say it's just a spur, you're looking at something like 4-8 weeks out of the gym as long as pain subsides quickly.

Let's say there's a minor cuff tear from the spur, you're looking at 6-10 weeks out of the gym and then a few months of light training to work your way back up.

If it's a complete massive tear, you're looking at a 16 week PT protocol and unfortunately AT LEAST 6 months out of the gym, more likely 8-10 months even for a healthy young man.

Supplement your body with tons of sleep and ice as often as you think about hot women :head: I'm talking 6-8 times per day.

Once the incision closes, use ice in a pillow case rather than those fruity gel packs. The old school method is 2-3 times more potent and 2-3 faster at getting swelling out. Plus you only have to leave aggressive icing for 8-10 minutes at a time to achieve full effect.
Thanks for the knowledge bro! I'm hoping it's just a spur...but I have a feeling it's partially torn as well. I say this because of the massive inflamation I've been having. Who knows at this point.

I've seen people recommend things like Cissus and IGF or HGH along with rehab, etc...

When I was reppin for Axis back in the day, I swore I thought I heard about a HGH booster of some kind. Is that still in the works, or am I "miss-remembering"?

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
There's nothing better for post-op recovery than GH. I've used it post-op and have seen others use it post-op and it drastically reduces recovery time.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
yea im going to have to surgery on both my shoulders because i have dislocated them with football and wrestling and i was wondering the same things are there any good supplements to aid fast recovery!

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have not found anything otc that works. 19 nor was a good one when it was legal.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
this kinda reminds me of what im gona do about my hernia. i was just gona wait the 2 months to heal and then run some test-e to make back to where i was quickly

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rampage,
Ironhyde is probably right. Real deal HGH or IGF would most definitely help with recovery. It is my opinion that GH "boosting" supplements will not have that same effect (i highly doubt they won't work in that realm, although I suppose someone could twist a study to argue otherwise LOL)

On a positive note, the inflammation MIGHT just be some irritation to the muscle, tendon, and/or bursa. Sometimes that goes away quickly when the spur is removed. You could be icing all day every day RIGHT NOW to help get that inflammation down even before the surgery.

Madddog,
your issue is completely different than Rampage's. Your recovery is gonna be messy. Expect your shoulders to heal at different rates also, which will make predicting your recovery even more difficult.

Edit: I also dislocated my shoulder in football 12 years ago. I never got the capsular repair and it took a good 5 years before it felt stable enough to lift aggressively in the gym again. With the surgical repair, that should come faster in like 6-12 months.

Wasted,
no doubt the compound you listed is effective in the gym. However, I think it's the wrong compound for Rampage. 19nor is known for eliciting big strength increases which can be hard on the joints. Also, he's gonna have to be patient before running any cycles with strength agenda. Complete recovery must happen first and he hasn't even had the surgery yet :laugh:

tnubs,
I'm in the hernia club for the second time. I just got patched up on Friday :sick:

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
Rampage,
Ironhyde is probably right. Real deal HGH or IGF would most definitely help with recovery. It is my opinion that GH "boosting" supplements will not have that same effect (i highly doubt they won't work in that realm, although I suppose someone could twist a study to argue otherwise LOL)

On a positive note, the inflammation MIGHT just be some irritation to the muscle, tendon, and/or bursa. Sometimes that goes away quickly when the spur is removed. You could be icing all day every day RIGHT NOW to help get that inflammation down even before the surgery.

Madddog,
your issue is completely different than Rampage's. Your recovery is gonna be messy. Expect your shoulders to heal at different rates also, which will make predicting your recovery even more difficult.

Edit: I also dislocated my shoulder in football 12 years ago. I never got the capsular repair and it took a good 5 years before it felt stable enough to lift aggressively in the gym again. With the surgical repair, that should come faster in like 6-12 months.

Wasted,
no doubt the compound you listed is effective in the gym. However, I think it's the wrong compound for Rampage. 19nor is known for eliciting big strength increases which can be hard on the joints. Also, he's gonna have to be patient before running any cycles with strength agenda. Complete recovery must happen first and he hasn't even had the surgery yet :laugh:

tnubs,
I'm in the hernia club for the second time. I just got patched up on Friday :sick:
Totally agree! You have to 1) get an injury repaired first, and 2) make sure it is fully healed before you begin trying to build strength outside of what it takes to rehab from surgery. Ice as much as you can right now. The less inflammation there is going into surgery, the better.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
celc5 dont want to argue but my understanding is 19 nor converts to deca. deca is known to help repair muscle and tendons. It's also known to be the old man AAS because it helps lubricate the joints. I agree he wont be lifting heavy but 19 nor(deca) should help with healing.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in week 9 of my recovery after subacromial decompression surgery. Just this past week, I finally feel like I have really turned a corner. More just soreness now than pain. Over the past 3 weeks, I have very slowly eased back into lifting. I felt like a damn sissy just benching the bar :damnit1: But I was out tossing the football with my boys this past weekend, although I could tell later that night :twak:

I was pretty good about doing my PT, and I really think that's the key. There were times where I thought I had made a bad decision about getting the surgery, but now I think it was the right thing to do. Not being able to work out was the hardest part. I was interested in finding something to help heal quicker too, but like others have said, there's really nothing otc that I was able to find.

Good luck!

speedstack

Awards
Hyaluronic Acid, fish oils...and physical therapy

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
celc5 dont want to argue but my understanding is 19 nor converts to deca. deca is known to help repair muscle and tendons. It's also known to be the old man AAS because it helps lubricate the joints. I agree he wont be lifting heavy but 19 nor(deca) should help with healing.
It's possible that I don't fully understand the compound. I can totally see where you're coming from :cheers:

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I've had 2 rotator cuff surgeries and a hip replacement (resurfacing). Without question, Cissus helped me the most with post surgery recovery especially with my hip. The 19 nor is interesting.