Milk Thistle-Interesting article from Anthony Roberts

UKStrength

What about using a HgH secretagogue on-cycle rather than shunning the milk thistle?

I think dissuading trainees from using a proven liver protectant such as a Silymarin on-cycle isn't possibly the best course of action for the sake of a small drop in IGF-1.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
interesting article....seems like there are many assumptions and grey areas though. Everyone I know have that has taken a support on cycle including Milk Thistle have still had great gains....... id like to see some more information on this.

statik

statik

Awards
What about using a HgH secretagogue on-cycle rather than shunning the milk thistle?

I think dissuading trainees from using a proven liver protectant such as a Silymarin on-cycle isn't possibly the best course of action for the sake of a small drop in IGF-1.
I was thinking the same thing. I know I'm still gonna use my Cycle Support and PCS regardless. I don't see it affecting gains that much. The best point he had was that lower/moderate doses of PH/PS/AAS is prolly the safest thing for your liver.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
well this is why i dose my AAS in the morning workout in the morning and MT right before bed like 3min before bed. that way it all dissolves

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it is at least something to consider. I have never noticed there to be any negative a effects to my cycles.

Something to do would be either like the above and dose them as far apart as possible or change your liver protectants to something like Liv-52, SAM-e and others. You could make a great liver stack without MT.

However it's in most stacks so may be hard to avoid them. Probably need some more direct studies though before being too hasty.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
MT is a staple to my pct. i have never noticed an effect from taking it with AAS even at the same time of the day. the benefits to my liver > than slight less strength if at all

statik

statik

Awards
MT is a staple to my pct. i have never noticed an effect from taking it with AAS even at the same time of the day. the benefits to my liver > than slight less strength if at all
I'll be doing my first Hdrol cycle soon. I was thinking the benefits would outweigh any negative affects on gains as well...

Thanks for the feedback.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it is at least something to consider. I have never noticed there to be any negative a effects to my cycles.

Something to do would be either like the above and dose them as far apart as possible or change your liver protectants to something like Liv-52, SAM-e and others. You could make a great liver stack without MT.

However it's in most stacks so may be hard to avoid them. Probably need some more direct studies though before being too hasty.
agreed

trojanman1016

Awards
I would never use anything without milk thistle or any liver support. Liver Juice by Primordial Performances is top of the line, the LV technology makes it 8 times for effective than the traditional pill form

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would never use anything without milk thistle or any liver support. Liver Juice by Primordial Performances is top of the line, the LV technology makes it 8 times for effective than the traditional pill form
If I was going to use a milk thistle product this would probably be a big consideration.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I thought this was a common misconception.

Ive been hearing its not good to take on cycle since 2001 timeframe

however ive always taken it

20lbs and liver failure

15 lbs and keep ur liver

hmm