BCAA Whats The Best?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
So I tried Nutraplanets bulk BCAA and have had nothing but problems. The bcaa's won't mix with water, crystal light, juice...nothing....it just clumps up on the top and won't mix. So I am trying to figure out a different BCAA to try. What is the best one and why?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
alri chain'd out is my favorite, 1 tub lasts 4 months and the appletini tastes amazing, everyone loves their xtend, i thought it went to quick, and i'm currently trying out recoverpro, not as good on taste but the amount of servings sounded awesome, i don't think it's gonna get me that many servings though

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I use BCAA Fuel. This is pill form and I can take it anywhere I go.

UKStrength

IBCAA are the purest BCAAs you'll find on the market. The mix unbelievably well and are virtually tasteless, even in just plain water!

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtend - Best tasting

RecoverPRO - Best value

These are the two I use. And mixing and matching makes both of them last a very long time.

-Spaz

UKStrength

Xtend - Best tasting

RecoverPRO - Best value

These are the two I use. And mixing and matching makes both of them last a very long time.

-Spaz
I didn't like the taste of Xtend myself, if I had to choose a pre-flavoured BCAA/EAA-containing product, it would either be PreMax or Purple Wraath.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you wont find any bulk bcaa better than Primordials IBCAA mixes like nothing man

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
xtend
o.n. bcaa caps
twin labs amino fuel tabs

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
So I tried Nutraplanets bulk BCAA and have had nothing but problems. The bcaa's won't mix with water, crystal light, juice...nothing....it just clumps up on the top and won't mix. So I am trying to figure out a different BCAA to try. What is the best one and why?
the trick is try shake then refridgerate for about 20-30 minutes... then get it out and shake it more, and it should be fully mixed...

i use custom capsule's Extend lime flavored BCAAs and i like it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PP's instantized is awsome in regards to mixability and tastelessness.
RecoverPro is a close second - very good!

The NP Bulk BCCA's as another memebrs stated is not a 'stirable' - 'soluable' powder. It needs to be used in a shaker bottle, vigorously shaken, again, and again. It will disolve in time.

$/LB NP Bulk BCAA's price is an unbeatable value.

purebred

I have tried ALRI's Chain'd Out as well and have to agree with YG-very well-flavored BCAA product. I believe it also contains a few other beneficial ingredients in addition to the BCAAs tho. Might be something worth looking into. I remember tasting 1fast400's Bulk BCAAs and after tasting those, now I know I can tolerate any terrible tasting powder supplement lol. I will always prefer powder over pills as powders tend to be far more cost effective than pills + it is easier to consume an effective dose using powder w/water than popping 6 pills at once. Not that I have a problem taking pills but I take a multitude of pills as it is. If I can avoid increasing the already large # of pills in my arsenal, I will :)

ATM, my BCAA supplement of choice would have to be Scivation's Xtend. I have a 90 serving tub of Watermelon with plenty to go. I'd like to try Apple flavor once I am done with it.

I was using Xtend+DGC for quite a while intra-workout but I have decided to drop this combo and leave the BCAAs for PWO. Xtend does tend to play with my stomach a bit and that's def. something I can do w/o-especially during a workout. I'll deal with it PWO: the benefits of BCAAs are worth the temporary discomfort PWO. I've decided for intra-workout, I'm going to go with AEN's Intrabolic. Its a very solid product and does right by me. It has proven to be superior in terms of effectiveness when compared to my BCAA+dextrose combination.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I truly think Purple wraath is the best there is, for all around purposes. Out of all mentioned the only one i have yet to try is the iBCAA's by pp. however, out of everything I think Controlled Labs purple wraath is the best!

simmons

simmons

Awards
  • Established
If you want quality, soluble BCAAs, then Primordial's are the best. I have tried several amino powders and I will only order PP's.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get the biggest order of IBAA's from Primordial Performance and you'll be hooked for life. Great price as well.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
IBCAA are the purest BCAAs you'll find on the market. The mix unbelievably well and are virtually tasteless, even in just plain water!
you wont find any bulk bcaa better than Primordials IBCAA mixes like nothing man
If you want quality, soluble BCAAs, then Primordial's are the best. I have tried several amino powders and I will only order PP's.
Get the biggest order of IBAA's from Primordial Performance and you'll be hooked for life. Great price as well.

ajinomoto is the real deal......look for RPG by MST in about a month ;)

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Thus is the nature of Leucine.

Just pour the scoop in your mouth and chase it down, it's what I do.

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
AST Sports Science isn't a bad deal if you don't mind it capped.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
yeah that is a great price for xtend... i may order that for when i'm done with the Custom Capsule brand BCAAs.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtend - Best tasting

RecoverPRO - Best value

-Spaz
Exactly.

RecoverPRO is an insane value. I like mixing Xtend and RecoverPRO to make some novel flavors.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
So I bought some Xtend and it's awesome. Mixes well and tastes good. I bought the grape flavor. I am thinking about getting some recoverPRO as well to make the xtend last longer. Does the recoverPro mix just as well as xtend?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i used bcaa's for a year, and i stopped taking them and just took a 25gr protein shake pre-workout instead. you will get your bcaa's in the shake along with all the other fun amino acids. fun stuff!

i honestly can tell you bcaa's dont make much of a difference if you have your nutrition correct around the workout.

the best bcaa's are just drinking a pre-workout shake. it may have a much better absorption rate that bcaa's, read that in a research once, but i cant locate it (thats why i say "may"). plain bcaa's are the most over-rated supplement on the boards.

yea yea science, great.........but this is just mho. i gotta go by how i feel on it and 18 years training experience.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
i used bcaa's for a year, and i stopped taking them and just took a 25gr protein shake pre-workout instead. you will get your bcaa's in the shake along with all the other fun amino acids. fun stuff!

i honestly can tell you bcaa's dont make much of a difference if you have your nutrition correct around the workout.

the best bcaa's are just drinking a pre-workout shake. it may have a much better absorption rate that bcaa's, read that in a research once, but i cant locate it (thats why i say "may"). plain bcaa's are the most over-rated supplement on the boards.

yea yea science, great.........but this is just mho. i gotta go by how i feel on it and 18 years training experience.
I use amino's currently as a break in the monotony of drinking just water (and milk with shakes here and there). Its much better for you than diet soda (and bloats you less), and helps when you're trying to cut and not take in extra cals.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am actually calling off the protein for a bit, and sticking with my aminos. RIght now Xtend, then probably Recoverpro/ I also hear Recoup is good too

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xtendand iBCAA's. Xtend has a nice flavoring but iBCAA by PP are really pure and qood quality. Recoverpro is also a good choice. Those are my top three.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I wondered why BN BCAA's gave me diareah. I guess it's whatever made it taste so bad.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use amino's currently as a break in the monotony of drinking just water (and milk with shakes here and there). Its much better for you than diet soda (and bloats you less), and helps when you're trying to cut and not take in extra cals.
i think it serves it purpose for the elite athlete, especially to preserve muscle mass during alot of activity, basketball players etc...i mean you cant keep chugging protein all day long, especially during long training sessions protein doesnt sit well in the stomach.

but your right, it can be a nice drink, lg bc+eaa is mighty delicious i may start buying it again just for the taste!!!

i never liked cutting my calories too low, ive lost 46 pounds in 2 years, i like to do it nice and slow to preserve muscle, but i can see how bcaa's can be beneficial should you need to extreme cut. i would never take bcaa's without eaa's, that is why i would pick the LG product.

sharperunner

Awards
I've tried xtend and purple wraath. I've gotta vote for xtend. Grape and watermelon is great. Definitely more enjoyable than water during workouts. Purple wraath isn't bad but it's hard to beat xtend taste-wise.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have I mentioned I love these threads? The best of threads are always fantastic.

Mine is best, no mine is best, nu uh, mine is best.

Here is the end all be all answer:
"Try AdamsBCAA's (Adams Bunk and Cut Amino Acids)... they are guaranteed to pack on 63 pounds of slab, not to mention you will get more ass than a new york cab back seat"

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They are both really good products, I like the addition of hydrolyzed proteins, since they have a lot of good data behind them for building muscle and even increasing testosterone levels. Nothing wrong with straight BCAA either, but why not do both?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are both really good products, I like the addition of hydrolyzed proteins, since they have a lot of good data behind them for building muscle and even increasing testosterone levels. Nothing wrong with straight BCAA either, but why not do both?
I'm sure those that do research do, but for the rest...

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
There are some great suggestions and links here. Keep them coming.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Proteins preworkout are too heavy if you ask me, plus a blend with casein is going to coagulate in your stomach...no thanks!

purebred

Unfortunately, when I upped my doses of Xtend to 3 scoops w/ every consumption (2x/day) I noticed an increase in migraine headaches. They were pretty debilitating at times and would come and go as they pleased at all times of the day. I had been using them for about 2 weeks before the migraine headaches became noticeable but since I stopped using Xtend my migraines have become occurred less frequently. I haven't had one since Saturday night. I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners so I'm going to have to switch from Xtend and possibly try Purple Wraath. Hopefully Controlled Labs doesn't use large amounts of artificial sweeteners in their product.

The reason why companies don't use natural ingredients still baffles me but that's a completely different topic for another thread. 90 servings of Purple Wraath for $45.95 doesn't sound too bad to me. Very closely priced to Scivation's Xtend not mentioning the extra goodies I'm getting with CL.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unfortunately, when I upped my doses of Xtend to 3 scoops w/ every consumption (2x/day) I noticed an increase in migraine headaches. They were pretty debilitating at times and would come and go as they pleased at all times of the day. I had been using them for about 2 weeks before the migraine headaches became noticeable but since I stopped using Xtend my migraines have become occurred less frequently. I haven't had one since Saturday night. I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners so I'm going to have to switch from Xtend and possibly try Purple Wraath. Hopefully Controlled Labs doesn't use large amounts of artificial sweeteners in their product.

The reason why companies don't use natural ingredients still baffles me but that's a completely different topic for another thread. 90 servings of Purple Wraath for $45.95 doesn't sound too bad to me. Very closely priced to Scivation's Xtend not mentioning the extra goodies I'm getting with CL.

Body Mortar from AMS uses maltodextrin/dextrose, fyi

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You said you were sensitive to artificial sweeteners and I was giving you another option for a solid and good tasting BCAA based on that fact.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
Amino Vital makes several different AA mixes... there intra workout has a higher yield of AA/BCAA then Xtend and is cheaper.... they also have a post workout that has 7.5 grams of AA which is crazzzzyy......plus amino Vital uses the highest quality, pharmaceutical grade Amino acids/manufacturing and testing facilites.....

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
plus the intra workout has Arginine.... too

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
I didn't like the taste of Xtend myself, if I had to choose a pre-flavoured BCAA/EAA-containing product, it would either be PreMax or Purple Wraath.
lol purple wraath. I don't think I've taken a product that tastes more foul. Wait, LG's BCAA may be even less palatable. I had high hopes for PW, but will stick with Xtend Grape + Ajipure.