Does anything back up the claim that NO Xplode causes baldness?

Benzino

Awards
I read this on a few different sites...just wondering if theres any truth to it?

Benzino

Awards
i cant post links yet but it was just a thread on discussbodybuilding.com...some dude just said he was starting to lose hair and thouht it was because of no xplode

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of that either? :S

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Caffein does increase stress, but the average NO Xplode user probably still uses less caffein htan a lot of other people.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
never heard this before... I've used no-xplode before and never once noticed any shedding

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
umm... LOL?

that sounds ridiculous... that dude either has male pattern baldness going on, or is rockin' some gnarly PH possibly...

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I can think of is the creatine. A recent study did show an increase in DHT, I believe it was around 40%, from creatine use. This COULD cause some shedding in very sensitive users.

On the other hand it was one study and there are millions of doses of creatine that have been taken and this(hairloss) is not a trend that has been widely reported.

I run a supp shop and get this all the time. The slightest thing happens and it HAS to be the supplement. 99% of the time it is a coincidence.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Why even take NO Xplode in the first place....

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read this on a few different sites...just wondering if theres any truth to it?
literature suggests that combining NO Xplode as a suppositry with LHJO not only causes male pattern baldness, but can also lead to depression and rectal cancer amongst males 18-30 yrs old.

bboyflash

Awards
well there was a study done showing that creatine increases DHT levels just search the net DHT=baldness in some cases

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can confirm this first hand. I used it for about 2 weeks a lost most of the hair on my testicles. I was using bulk LHJO at the same time but dont think its related.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can confirm this first hand. I used it for about 2 weeks a lost most of the hair on my testicles. I was using bulk LHJO at the same time but dont think its related.
As your e-physician, I recommend a self-rectal examination using a spoon and headlamp. Report any suspicious lumps back to this thread, along with pictures, and I will provide a diagnosis

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As your e-physician, I recommend a self-rectal examination using a spoon and headlamp. Report any suspicious lumps back to this thread, along with pictures, and I will provide a diagnosis

That really wasnt funny. I feel like a 10 yr old boy.

bubsnt3

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I can think of is the creatine. A recent study did show an increase in DHT, I believe it was around 40%, from creatine use. This COULD cause some shedding in very sensitive users.

On the other hand it was one study and there are millions of doses of creatine that have been taken and this(hairloss) is not a trend that has been widely reported.

I run a supp shop and get this all the time. The slightest thing happens and it HAS to be the supplement. 99% of the time it is a coincidence.

Good info. I had not heard that...
Here is the study for those interested.. As far as the NO Xplode, I believe that it only contains 1g of creatine per dose (if you only use 1 scoop), or at least I remember hearing that somewhere, and you will probably only take it 3-5 days a week so the effects on DHT levels will not be this drastic (1g creatine 5 days a week is 1/7 of the maintenance dose they were taking here so if the study is linear then DHT levels would rise %5-%6 which I would assume is within normal fluctuations but if you are prone to MPB might be something to think about..).. Red meat contains about 1 gram of creatine per pound anyways - so it is the same as eating a steak..

Objective: This study investigated resting concentrations of selected androgens after 3 weeks of creatine supplementation in male rugby players. It was hypothesized that the ratio of dihydrotestosterone (DHT, a biologically more active androgen) to testosterone (T) would change with creatine supplementation.

Design: Double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study with a 6-week washout period.

Setting: Rugby Institute in South Africa.

Participants: College-aged rugby players (n = 20) volunteered for the study, which took place during the competitive season.

Interventions: Subjects loaded with creatine (25 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose) or placebo (50 g/day glucose) for 7 days followed by 14 days of maintenance (5 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose or 30 g/day glucose placebo).

Main Outcome Measures: Serum T and DHT were measured and ratio calculated at baseline and after 7 days and 21 days of creatine supplementation (or placebo). Body composition measurements were taken at each time point.

Results: After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01).

Conclusions: Creatine supplementation may, in part, act through an increased rate of conversion of T to DHT. Further investigation is warranted as a result of the high frequency of individuals using creatine supplementation and the long-term safety of alterations in circulating androgen composition.

Statement of Clinical Relevance: Although creatine is a widely used ergogenic aid, the mechanisms of action are incompletely understood, particularly in relation to dihydrotestosterone, and therefore the long-term clinical safety cannot be guaranteed.