PreMax vs RagNOrok vs Standard

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. PreMax vs RagNOrok vs Standard


    For the last three weeks, I have been experimenting with a couple of new preworkout supplements. PreMax and RagNOrok Ultra verses my own preworkout ****tail. My standard preworkout ****tail consists of:
    1 Scoop JP8
    1 Scoop NOS Ether
    2 Scoops Green Magnitude

    I have used this protocol for several years with good success, however I would have to say that prefer either PreMax or RagNOrok Ultra to my standard. One of the biggest factors is taste. My standard tastes pretty bad and doesn’t provide nearly as good a pump as the other two.

    Taste:
    10/10 RagNOrok Ultra, I tried the Blue Razz and it tastes great.
    8/10 PreMax, not the best tasting but tolerable. I usually add a little Vitaberry for flavor.
    4/10 Standard, as I said it tastes pretty bad it is only the Green Magnitude that makes it tolerable.

    Pumps:
    10/10 RagNOrok Ultra, great pumps that last for several hours after the workout.
    10/10 PreMax, the same as RagNOrok Ultra.
    9/10 Standard, pumps are good but not as good as the other two.

    Strength:
    10/10 All three seem to be good in this area with no discernible difference.

    Stamina:
    10/10 Here again, based on treadmill running, no discernable difference.

    I have currently abandoned my standard in favor of either RagNOrok Ultra and/or PreMax. The primary difference between these two is the added stimulant. Since I workout primarily in the evenings, if I take two scoops of RagNOrok at 6:00 PM I have trouble sleeping at night. So on days when I feel like I need a boost I use RagNOrok and on days when I don’t I use PreMax.
    These are early results since I have only been using both PreMax and RagNOrok for about three weeks. I want to evaluate Omega’s Ultima against both of these when it becomes available.

    •   
       


  2. Premax still seems promising to me i havent tried RagNOrok but i would agree that your standard tastes pretty bad green mag is good but thats it. As of right now my PWO of choice is NO Shotgun love the pumps no crazy energy but i too work out in evening so dont like too much energy. Im seeing good initial reviews for PreMax and will probally pick it up once im done with NO Shotgun.

    As far as RagNOrok goes is the energy comparable to Jack3d? Because i crashed pretty hard on jack3d but liked the energy.

    EDIT: just hit 666 posts oooo spooky

  3. Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    Premax still seems promising to me i havent tried RagNOrok but i would agree that your standard tastes pretty bad green mag is good but thats it. As of right now my PWO of choice is NO Shotgun love the pumps no crazy energy but i too work out in evening so dont like too much energy. Im seeing good initial reviews for PreMax and will probally pick it up once im done with NO Shotgun.

    As far as RagNOrok goes is the energy comparable to Jack3d? Because i crashed pretty hard on jack3d but liked the energy.

    EDIT: just hit 666 posts oooo spooky
    I haven't tried Jack3d so I can't honestly comment. But the stim effect of Rag is similar to NO Shotgun. I like NO Shotgun as well but I think I like Rag better. PreMax is also great but very expensive compaired to the the other two.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I haven't tried Jack3d so I can't honestly comment. But the stim effect of Rag is similar to NO Shotgun. I like NO Shotgun as well but I think I like Rag better. PreMax is also great but very expensive compaired to the the other two.
    Thats good to hear about liking Rag better i havent heard to much about it but i read up on it a lil and it seems solid im actually probally gonna grab that next. Now which flavor of NO Shotgun did you have i have the Exotic fruit if my any chance you had that flavor how does Rag Compare to that?

  5. I buy all my own supps so I can "call um as I see um".

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    Thats good to hear about liking Rag better i havent heard to much about it but i read up on it a lil and it seems solid im actually probally gonna grab that next. Now which flavor of NO Shotgun did you have i have the Exotic fruit if my any chance you had that flavor how does Rag Compare to that?
    I have the Black Cherry it tastes OK but has a powdery residue. Some people think that Rag has a slight after taste but I couldn't detect any. It may depend on how much itís diluted.

  7. I would have to go with Ragnarok here. For one, the price difference and serving size should be enough to pick one. If using Rag late in the evening is keeping you awake, why not go for the caffeine free version?

  8. have you tried 1 scoop rag with half serving pre-max? seems both of them together at half your reg dose should be nice. would add more value to the pre-max too, imo.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  9. pre max for taste is 8/10?..hummmm I still wanna try it! have to save up for it

  10. I wish I had the funds to run both! hahaha. I did like your review, honest...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I wish I had the funds to run both! hahaha. I did like your review, honest...
    same here.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    For the last three weeks, I have been experimenting with a couple of new preworkout supplements. PreMax and RagNOrok Ultra verses my own preworkout ****tail. My standard preworkout ****tail consists of:
    1 Scoop JP8
    1 Scoop NOS Ether
    2 Scoops Green Magnitude

    I have used this protocol for several years with good success, however I would have to say that prefer either PreMax or RagNOrok Ultra to my standard. One of the biggest factors is taste. My standard tastes pretty bad and doesnít provide nearly as good a pump as the other two.

    Taste:
    10/10 RagNOrok Ultra, I tried the Blue Razz and it tastes great.
    8/10 PreMax, not the best tasting but tolerable. I usually add a little Vitaberry for flavor.
    4/10 Standard, as I said it tastes pretty bad it is only the Green Magnitude that makes it tolerable.

    Pumps:
    10/10 RagNOrok Ultra, great pumps that last for several hours after the workout.
    10/10 PreMax, the same as RagNOrok Ultra.
    9/10 Standard, pumps are good but not as good as the other two.

    Strength:
    10/10 All three seem to be good in this area with no discernible difference.

    Stamina:
    10/10 Here again, based on treadmill running, no discernable difference.

    I have currently abandoned my standard in favor of either RagNOrok Ultra and/or PreMax. The primary difference between these two is the added stimulant. Since I workout primarily in the evenings, if I take two scoops of RagNOrok at 6:00 PM I have trouble sleeping at night. So on days when I feel like I need a boost I use RagNOrok and on days when I donít I use PreMax.
    These are early results since I have only been using both PreMax and RagNOrok for about three weeks. I want to evaluate Omegaís Ultima against both of these when it becomes available.
    Nice review, BBB. I'd be interested in hearing your long-term effects/results as well.

    Stay tuned to our subforum right after christmas....

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  13. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    have you tried 1 scoop rag with half serving pre-max? seems both of them together at half your reg dose should be nice. would add more value to the pre-max too, imo.
    Actually I decided to try this last night. It works great. Typically I get a soft pump with one scoop of either. It takes two scoops for a hard pump. The problem is two scoops of Rag over stimulates me so I can't sleep and PreMax has no stim effect at all. Therefore combining the two was near perfection. One scoop of each gave the following benefits:

    1. A good hard pump.

    2. The addition of Rag (Blue Razz) improved the taste of PreMax and they mixed very well together.

    3. One scoop of Rag provided just enough stim for a good workout and I slept great.

    4. One scoop of Rag helped reduce the cost of a serving of PreMax.

    The will be my new standard preworkout supp. I still want to try Ultima when it becomes available.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Actually I decided to try this last night. It works great. Typically I get a soft pump with one scoop of either. It takes two scoops for a hard pump. The problem is two scoops of Rag over stimulates me so I can't sleep and PreMax has no stim effect at all. Therefore combining the two was near perfection. One scoop of each gave the following benefits:

    1. A good hard pump.

    2. The addition of Rag (Blue Razz) improved the taste of PreMax and they mixed very well together.

    3. One scoop of Rag provided just enough stim for a good workout and I slept great.

    4. One scoop of Rag helped reduce the cost of a serving of PreMax.

    The will be my new standard preworkout supp. I still want to try Ultima when it becomes available.
    this is exactly the result i was hoping for, this put's the price of pre-max in much more favorable light. tastes great-less filling, lol.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  15. Hmmmm What do I buy now both or or... BBB you make it so hard....
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success


  16. Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    Hmmmm What do I buy now both or or... BBB you make it so hard....
    actually economically speaking he just made it simpler. half dosing of both makes a lot of money sense.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  17. By blending the two you get 40 servings or Rag and 20 servings of PreMax, therefor two tubs of PreMax and one tub of Rag works out perfectly. The synergism conitues. For me this is a "no brainer". I don't know what I'll do if I really like Omega Ultra. It'll through me into a tail spin.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    By blending the two you get 40 servings or Rag and 20 servings of PreMax, therefor two tubs of PreMax and one tub of Rag works out perfectly. The synergism conitues. For me this is a "no brainer". I don't know what I'll do if I really like Omega Ultra. It'll through me into a tail spin.
    So we are droping 135 bucks is that correct? I just order the none stim Rag..,
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success


  19. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    have you tried 1 scoop rag with half serving pre-max? seems both of them together at half your reg dose should be nice. would add more value to the pre-max too, imo.
    That may be the smartest thing ive ever heard anyone say about anything ever. I dont know why people didnt realize it earlier when there was some bashing going around about premas price combine a scoop of premax with something else! Simply Remarkable!!!!!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    So we are droping 135 bucks is that correct? I just order the none stim Rag..,
    It's sounds like a lot of money but since I only workout 3 days/week this combo will last me for more than three months. That works out to a little over $3/serving but for me a good "pump" is worth the price. Moreover, I always take a preworkout supp anyway so it might as well be something that works well and also has some potential health benefits.

    I don't make a dime of any supp sold so do as you please. This thread is just for informational purposes only.

  21. lol @ c0cktail being edited.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    It's sounds like a lot of money but since I only workout 3 days/week this combo will last me for more than three months. That works out to a little over $3/serving but for me a good "pump" is worth the price. Moreover, I always take a preworkout supp anyway so it might as well be something that works well and also has some potential health benefits.

    I don't make a dime of any supp sold so do as you please. This thread is just for informational purposes only.

    Good point!!! Somthing to think about....
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success


  23. glad to see such high praise of RagNOrok Ultra in here....thanks for the honest and detailed mini-review brother!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

  24. I have been scientifically experimenting with all three products attempting to keep both diet and workout as consistant as possible. After nearly 6 weeks of experimentation my origional review still stands. I have discovered that I actually like having several preworkout supps on hand as I tend to get tired of the flavor any single product. I have discovered that virtually all preworkout supps tend to loose effacy if used too often, in my case more than twice a week. The exception is GPLC based products, these seem to work consistantly no matter how often I use them. As far as taste RagNOrok Ultra wins hands down. My favorate is still one scoop of Rag and one scoop PreMax. I'm planning on trying Omega Ultima but I can't imagine that it will beat the PreMax/Rag combo. I have also discovered that all products must be taken on an MT stomach for maximum results this includes GPLC products as well. I usually eat my preworkout meal at least two hours prior to my preworkout supp.

  25. I agree with you on the taste factor on pre-max. It's tolerable, but it needs a bit of something.

    I add IBCAA, Beta-Alanine, and Creatine and it could be a factor of the taste too.
    I love the pump I get from it!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Premax vs. BCAA
    By matthias7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:19 PM
  2. PreMax
    By matthias7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
  3. PreMax Log by qwerty
    By qwerty33 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Log in
Log in