Supplements Do Not Work

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
So we all know that about 95% of supplememnts are not worth the cost to benefit ratio. Why do I keep trying them?

The only good stuff has been outlawed.

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
I am mainly referring to the supplements that advertise "bone crushing muscle growth" and "mind splitting gains in strength". Or perhaps the scientific approach gets me. Pictures of scientists doing research with beakers in a lab with some percentages and different studies cited. How am I able to be tricked into trying something. I mean if 500,000 people try something 1 time then that is a huge profit for that company.

It is wild that the stuff that is effective is illegal while all the stuff that really doesnt do much is left to be unregulated. I have seen so many supplements that people have gained muscle from end up being proven as completely worthless. The only sups that have been around for years are creatine, ph/ps, and stims. All others have been bogus.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am mainly referring to the supplements that advertise "bone crushing muscle growth" and "mind splitting gains in strength". Or perhaps the scientific approach gets me. Pictures of scientists doing research with beakers in a lab with some percentages and different studies cited. How am I able to be tricked into trying something. I mean if 500,000 people try something 1 time then that is a huge profit for that company.

It is wild that the stuff that is effective is illegal while all the stuff that really doesnt do much is left to be unregulated. I have seen so many supplements that people have gained muscle from end up being proven as completely worthless. The only sups that have been around for years are creatine, ph/ps, and stims. All others have been bogus.
You are wrong there have been supps besides creatine, Steriods and stims that will help with your goals. None of these including steriods will do anything without the proper diet and training. To bash all supps because you may have been dupped into buying a product that syas you can gain 20lbs of lean muscle in 30 days is the wrong thing to do. People need to do research and not just get caught up in the marketing hype.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
So we all know that about 95% of supplememnts are not worth the cost to benefit ratio. Why do I keep trying them?

Well you haven't tried Get Diesel. He & Biotest are all I trust. Oops, forgot one, I love Jacked & Cissus by USPlabs. Biotest, all I take is Powerdrive & Spike tabs.

Get Diesel has the best T-boosters, Nos Ether is amazing too.

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
There is no way that the very little benefit of legal supplements is worth the 50-60 bucks that alot of these sups cost.

All of these sups live there life and then die away. The only ones that I can honestly think of that have been around for a decade or more is stims and creatine. And coincidentally these are the cheapest.

sambcox

Awards
Two things dude. You either havent tried the right ones cause you havent been around long enought to spot the bogus ones or you dont take them exactly as directed. I have lots of experience with people taking the exact same supps as me and not get anything out of it while i got great results because they didnt take them as directed.

In case yo uare still wondering, here is a short list of legit supp companies

USP Labs
John Scotts Nitro
Biotest
Beverly International
All American EFX

And all these make non-hormonal products that work great. Also, make sure your training hard enough to need them.

jim623

They were outlawed cause people were starting to look like you.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny how most of the people that think natural supplements don't work are big supporters of PH and PS's...

I will be competing about 20 lbs heavier than ever because of Natural supplementation. It was because of these products that I decided to make a comeback. A lot of the people I will be competing against will likely be PH and PS users .... I won't look out of place...

Believe what you want, I do agree the majority of supps are crap but when you find out what works you stick to it. Unfortunately we've all had some bad experiences, doesn't mean they're all bad. Hek Doug Miller is a natural competitor, go take a look at his pics and tell me natural supps don't work.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
There is no way that the very little benefit of legal supplements is worth the 50-60 bucks that alot of these sups cost.

All of these sups live there life and then die away. The only ones that I can honestly think of that have been around for a decade or more is stims and creatine. And coincidentally these are the cheapest.
I suppose that if companies would start selling their product below cost then you would be satisfied?
Oh, well, how about selling it just above production cost?

There are fees and expenses involved in getting supplements out to the masses including marketing.

It cost basically the same for joe smith to market a 5.00 item to 1 mill people as it cost to market a 60.00 item to that same 1 mill people.

The difference is that with the 5.00 item at production, joe is going out of business REAL SOON!

You cannot expect someone who puts their time into a project to just flat out sell it for pennies just because a few thousand people are crying foul about the price?

If it is too expensive at 60 bucks then it s too expensive all the way around regardless if it is a sugar pill or packs on 20lbs in one month.
If you can't afford it then you can't afford it either way so it doesn't matter if it's effective or not, honestly. Well, it doesn't matter in the context from which you are speaking. As long as its not rat poison in a damn fish oil bott'e, I'm cool with whatever price it cost. If I can't afford it then I'm not buying it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

And that's the kicker...where are these supplements "proven as completely worthless"? Probably via the same method that they were "proven to give massive gains".....ala anecdotal observation.

There ARE legal supps that work, they just don't tend to work as well as PH/AAS so their benefits are lost on the average joe.

orangerain

Awards
You just have to take it as directed, coupled with the right work out regime and correct diet.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well for me i not believed in the supplement industry crap until i start to read, learn and put in practice i discover other world but IMO some companies have my respect:

USPLabs (now i believe in god)
Primordial Performance (Outstanding)
RPN
Controlled Labs
etc...

here some companies make good products maybe not for all people or simply NOT EAT CLEAN, NOT TRAINING HARD AND NOT REST!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established

Consider you guys lucky , when Usa supplements come over here , the exchange rate goes out the window , all the UK based online supplement shops just put the £ sign infront instead of the $.

So when something is costing you 40 dollars , it should be costing us roughly £20 but no , its £40 .Even allowing for shipping and duty i think its far too much. So when a supplement doesnt work for us, it hurts twice as much.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Why are you a member of a SUPPLEMENT forum, if you think most supplements are crap?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
interesting thread haha

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What a crock. If your supplements aren't working, it's either 1) user error, or 2) you're choosing poor supplements. Wait, #2 is user error too.

Tell me RPM, Cre02, Green Bulge, Super Cissus, Purple Wraath, Primal Male, Blue Gene, Clout, Body Octane, Cordygen5, and a slew of others don't work. Please. I'm up 6lbs in 4 weeks on Primal Male and Cre02, and not doing a whole lot different than usual. Totally ineffective.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
negged for another ghey post and thread by the man who beats women...

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Im sorry but that is a very ignorant comment. Do you even have any clue what steroids do? And if they are not "working" then your diet and training are not right.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Give the guy a break -there is a lot of rubbish out there coupled with supplement companies making wild claims in their advertising ,so its quite possible to have a run on supplements that have had no effect-hence his comments.
Through research on forums like this one it,and supplement review sites you can find out the supps that come well recommended but even when you read those, there'll always be somebody that they havent worked for -unfortunately thats just the way it is
He just might be one.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
WHat do you think about meth or crack?
is this relevant bearing in mind the forum relates to bodybuilding/fitness/mens health .i DONT see either of those contributing any benefit .

jim623

is this relevant bearing in mind the forum relates to bodybuilding/fitness/mens health .i DONT see either of those contributing any benefit .
lol, dude this is a joke, as is the clown that started this tread. But I'll delete the post.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i cant totally agree with the topic of this thread,

but in my own opinion, after a person uses steroids, other alternatives out in the market have no comparison.

for me, i am taking a longer break and as my sig said, going natty for awhile, and now i am finding it very difficult to find a supplement worth spending my money on.

it's like this, 25$ for a bottle of hdrol, than you can run @ 50mg each day for a month, and gain 5 or more lbs with little to no side effects (esp at that dosage) and also require not much in the pct dept.

or spend 50 plus dollars for one supplement that mosly likely will not give you any gains, maybe a little.

so whats the point? the point is pretty much the same as with steroids, or anything you put into your body, you need to be a smart consumer, and throughly research all the ingredients, before buying.

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
Beater, what are your thoughts on Neovar?
A recent trend in creatine supplementation has been the development of exotic esters and alkaline/time-released delivery systems. In developing NeoVar, we researched virtually every creatine derivative currently available before arriving with the final formulation. We analyzed numerous and often conflicting studies regarding the benefits of each and found many of the so-called improvements actually reduced the effectiveness of the products they were used in. Ultimately we elected to avoid this trend, which is proving to be more about company's efforts to differentiate their products than actual effectiveness. Some of our findings include:

1. Many of the esters and delivery systems included in some of the newer products can be potentially difficult for the body to metabolize; the creatines included in NeoVar are essentially pure creatine, water, and phosphate and contain no other byproducts that could potentially hinder utilization.

2. Esters are simply fatty acid chains attached to a parent substance (in this case, creatine) that delay absorption and/or release; the newer esterified creatines actually contain less creatine, and more fatty acid chains that have no use in any type of physiological process. Several low-quality products use versions with longer esters and are only 20-30% creatine, with the rest being useless fatty acids.

3. Recent human research studies suggest that many of the alkaline creatine delivery systems actually do not work as well as creatine phosphate or creatine monohydrate as far as absorption in the digestive system and ultimately in skeletal muscle 43.

The Applied Nutriceuticals research and development team has developed a potent and biologically efficient post-workout nutrient enhancement product. A precisely proportioned combination of Phosphocreatine and creatine monohydrate (Mono/PCr complex) is the primary element, which plays a vital role in cellular energy production by regenerating ATP in skeletal muscle and makes it available for explosive exercises 1-5. Another important component of NeoVar, Corosolic Acid is extracted from the Banaba plant, an herb that grows in India, Southeast Asia, and the Philippines. The final component of NeoVar, D-Pinitol, is a cutting-edge compound that enhances nitric oxide production and insulin sensitivity which are key factors in nutrient transport. D-Pinitol has also been suggested to enhance intramuscular creatine deposition in human clinical studies 30. The individual effects of these compounds combine synergistically to produce a dramatic positive impact on the strength, size, and endurance of skeletal muscle tissue.

That is an exert from the Neovar write up. It openly admits that these new creatines suck. Well thats all good and well now that companies have made a killing off of us. So now they say they have new cutting edge ingredients that are awesome. I am sure they got it right this time (sarcasm). I will only buy supplements that have proven themselves ie protein, creatine, bcaas, fish oil and some stims. Anything else that is "cutting edge" just means it is untested and while it costs $50-60 bucks now and packs on muscle like crazy, it will be worthless in about a year or two.

It may be awesome so it could be worth a shot. but it has a seriously high chance of taking your money and laughing on the way to the bank.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So what's the grocery lists of supps that you have used beater?

Im interested to see you expansive experience to suggest what you say has any validity. Also you knowledge on diet and training will also suffice to add support that you take supplements as "supplements" to a proper diet and training regimen.

But i will give you kudos that despite your beyond negative reputation here you managed to russle enough feathers to get people to post highly articulate reasons on why your still full of sh*t.

Now are there many supplements with overly hyped claims? Yes, walk into a GNC and if you listen to all the garbage the sales rep feeds you, you're gonna walk out with $600 worth of supplements and go home and not get even 1/20 of the gains you expected.

Any individual looking to use supplements I believe should do a year's worth of proper research and education on supplementation. This alone will avoid them buying into most of the fad supplements that are overly hyped.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A recent trend in creatine supplementation has been the development of exotic esters and alkaline/time-released delivery systems. In developing NeoVar, we researched virtually every creatine derivative currently available before arriving with the final formulation. We analyzed numerous and often conflicting studies regarding the benefits of each and found many of the so-called improvements actually reduced the effectiveness of the products they were used in. Ultimately we elected to avoid this trend, which is proving to be more about company's efforts to differentiate their products than actual effectiveness. Some of our findings include:

1. Many of the esters and delivery systems included in some of the newer products can be potentially difficult for the body to metabolize; the creatines included in NeoVar are essentially pure creatine, water, and phosphate and contain no other byproducts that could potentially hinder utilization.

2. Esters are simply fatty acid chains attached to a parent substance (in this case, creatine) that delay absorption and/or release; the newer esterified creatines actually contain less creatine, and more fatty acid chains that have no use in any type of physiological process. Several low-quality products use versions with longer esters and are only 20-30% creatine, with the rest being useless fatty acids.

3. Recent human research studies suggest that many of the alkaline creatine delivery systems actually do not work as well as creatine phosphate or creatine monohydrate as far as absorption in the digestive system and ultimately in skeletal muscle 43.

The Applied Nutriceuticals research and development team has developed a potent and biologically efficient post-workout nutrient enhancement product. A precisely proportioned combination of Phosphocreatine and creatine monohydrate (Mono/PCr complex) is the primary element, which plays a vital role in cellular energy production by regenerating ATP in skeletal muscle and makes it available for explosive exercises 1-5. Another important component of NeoVar, Corosolic Acid is extracted from the Banaba plant, an herb that grows in India, Southeast Asia, and the Philippines. The final component of NeoVar, D-Pinitol, is a cutting-edge compound that enhances nitric oxide production and insulin sensitivity which are key factors in nutrient transport. D-Pinitol has also been suggested to enhance intramuscular creatine deposition in human clinical studies 30. The individual effects of these compounds combine synergistically to produce a dramatic positive impact on the strength, size, and endurance of skeletal muscle tissue.

That is an exert from the Neovar write up. It openly admits that these new creatines suck. Well thats all good and well now that companies have made a killing off of us. So now they say they have new cutting edge ingredients that are awesome. I am sure they got it right this time (sarcasm). I will only buy supplements that have proven themselves ie protein, creatine, bcaas, fish oil and some stims. Anything else that is "cutting edge" just means it is untested and while it costs $50-60 bucks now and packs on muscle like crazy, it will be worthless in about a year or two.

It may be awesome so it could be worth a shot. but it has a seriously high chance of taking your money and laughing on the way to the bank.
Thank you for your time you seem very knowledgeble. I was thinking about using TestoPro, do you have any opinions on that? Its a test booster.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Give the guy a break -there is a lot of rubbish out there coupled with supplement companies making wild claims in their advertising ,so its quite possible to have a run on supplements that have had no effect-hence his comments.
Through research on forums like this one it,and supplement review sites you can find out the supps that come well recommended but even when you read those, there'll always be somebody that they havent worked for -unfortunately thats just the way it is
He just might be one.
In that case he should've said "Gakic didn't work" or "Hydroxycut didn't work", not "supplements don't work".

Geez.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for your time you seem very knowledgeble. I was thinking about using TestoPro, do you have any opinions on that? Its a test booster.
Testopro was tested in a university study, and it works. Try it. Other ingredients that work (some products back by blood tests before and after) are icariin and nettle, so look for products with those.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are just targets, Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." - Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Pretty good quote. I think this same thing applies to supplements as well.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Consider you guys lucky , when Usa supplements come over here , the exchange rate goes out the window , all the UK based online supplement shops just put the £ sign infront instead of the $.

So when something is costing you 40 dollars , it should be costing us roughly £20 but no , its £40 .Even allowing for shipping and duty i think its far too much. So when a supplement doesnt work for us, it hurts twice as much.
The person running that company is greedy imo. They should have the exchange rates implemented into the site, dynamic also but not static. Or at least have a link to an online calculator. My store will have one or both because of europe and a few other places.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are just targets, Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." - Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Pretty good quote. I think this same thing applies to supplements as well.
VERY TO THE POINT and so true! There are a handfull of good supps! The MAJORITY are over hyped rip offs! I often feel there are too many cheerleaders on this board pumping and hyping their friends products.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
VERY TO THE POINT and so true! There are a handfull of good supps! The MAJORITY are over hyped rip offs! I often feel there are too many cheerleaders on this board pumping and hyping their friends products.
AMEN!

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established

Hmmm sounds like you had a case of muscletechonitis

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Title of thread is misleading.

Supplements do not suck. The diets and training routines apparently suck. Thats the problem if you arent making gains.

Supplements, as their name denotes, are meant to supplement something that is already working. Not to fix something that is broken.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Title of thread is misleading.

Supplements do not suck. The diets and training routines apparently suck. Thats the problem if you arent making gains.

Supplements, as their name denotes, are meant to supplement something that is already working. Not to fix something that is broken.
actually, supplements are meant to supplement something you aren't or are already getting in your normal diet.

I.E: take the place of.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
neovar and lhjo....nuff said! not even H-drol can compare to that stack!

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Supplements > Genetics!!! :firedevil:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
neovar and lhjo....nuff said! not even H-drol can compare to that stack!
Agreed, however LHJO form and frequency must be dialed in to achieve synergy

Some natural supplements do work, but nothing compares to gears.

Obviously gears has a greater risk/reward associated with it.

Three cheers for gears! :yup:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
My philosophy of supplementation is hard work and nutrients. I train hard, and I take supplements that refill the nutrients I burn.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
I love my supps! prohormones and designer steroids are extremely cheap...even compared to illegal anabolics they are a steal. The side effects are what make them more "costly" to your health and your wallet(pct, ancillary support supps, etc..) In the end i dont think "natural" non-steroidal supplements are much more costly...and from my studies are still effective and basically side effect free.