Need help on deciding on which company to use for a creatine supplement?

Mr Payne

Awards
open to any and all suggestions. i am looking for a good product that packs a good bang for the buck. i am ok with water weight since i only way 149 and i am 6'2''
thanks in advance

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
??? You don't need creatine, you need a sammich. Seriously, get with the diet section here and get some answers. Eating should be your number one priority, with lifting being number 2.

But to answer your question...for you, I'd say Clout or Green Bulge. I'd give the edge to Clout, for sure, but then it costs quite a bit more, and you get your money's worth. If it's too expensive, try Green Bulge, it's great stuff. Both really increase strength.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I fully retract my previous advice. Buy $70 worth of Cytogainer. It has 3gr creatine per serving. 2 tubs is $80 at Nutra. 18 servings per tub, with 4 scoops per serving = 144 scoops divided by 30 days = 5 scoops per day. That's 650 calories, 65-70gr protein, 5gr creatine, etc.

I'd take 2 scoops 30-60 minutes pre-workout, 3 scoops post on workout days, and lift heavy, do a 5x5 or something simple. On non-workout days, do 3 scoops first thing in the morning, 2 scoops with a peanut butter/jelly sandwich on whole grain bread.

Do it, and thank me later. :D

Mr Payne

Awards
ok why do u recommond cytogainer over all the other weight gainers just curious?

Mr Payne

Awards
at the weight i am at now is having to many carbs a bad thing for the time being?

Mr Payne

Awards
so i looked up cytogainer and the place i order all of my stuff through had it for this price
CytoSport Cytogainer 6.5 Lbs
Details
SKU: 66072622076
MSRP: $63.95
Price: $35.79

thats a good price right

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
About carbs. Carbs aren't bad, they're good, despite what atkins and various other sources will tell you. They are especially great for a guy like you, equally as important as protein. They add calories, and give your body fuel for workouts and to build muscle.

You, specifically? You can eat too much of everything, sure. However, given your height and weight, I would not shy away from whole food sources of carbs. Cytosport has just the right amount. Why wouldn't more carbs in cytosport be better? Well, cytosport is not food, it's a supplement, it's there to supplement your diet. It has carbs, protein, and creatine, but lacks the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients of real food, and so it is not a substitute for real food. Remember, 'supplement'. In addition to the 700 cals from cytosport a day, you should be taking in another 3000-4000 calories a day, depending on age, level of daily activity, and difficulty of workouts. (That's a general estimate, I don't know you, it might be more or less).

That price is great, do it. And sign up for www.fitday.com , or use the am.com tool (I think it does the same thing). Enter everything you eat a day, because I guarantee you think you eat a lot, but you don't, and you have no idea how many calories, or how much protein, you take in a day. Figure out howw much you WANT to weigh, and eat at least 1gr of protein per lb of that weight (wanna weigh 200lbs? Eat 200gr ptotein).

Did you check out the diet and bulking sections yet?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, if you are fairly lean ( I assume you are), don't be afraid to eat 'dirty' sometimes. Hardgainers who are lifting heavy and doing all the right things can generally benefit from a Big Mac or whatever every now and then, provided you can control it and it doesn't become a nasty habit. Eat well, 90-95% of the time, enjoy the other 5-10%.

justiceTX

justiceTX

Awards
  • Established
I was in the similar boat that you are in about 8 months ago just not as tall, but skinny (6'0 155) The advice that poison is giving you is great. You need to eat. It was hard for me at the beginning to eat so much. It seemed like I was always full. I started working out in the morning, which seemed to jump-start my metabolism for the rest of the day so I could eat and eat. So just eat, work hard, and stay dedicated and you will reach your goals.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If you just wanted creatine by itself I'd go with Primordial Performance's Creatine. It's 100% Creapure ®, which is the German sourced Creatine Monohydrate that most every CM study is conducted using.