The Best Insulin Mimicker?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello

I can use Insulin mimickers for FAT LOSS and the little magic behind this?

USPlabs Anabolic Pump
P-Slin Bulk Powder
Anabolic Innovations Glycobol

Thanks guys

A

amicold

Awards
Not to be a **** I know this board loves USP but AP sucks, Glycobol is kinda expensive, I'd pick up some bulk Na-RALA and a cinnamon supplement.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would definitely go with Anabolic Pump. It's been going solid for well over 2 and a half years.

G

Not to be a **** I know this board loves USP but AP sucks, Glycobol is kinda expensive, I'd pick up some bulk Na-RALA and a cinnamon supplement.

Cinnamon nor Na-ALA mimic insulin they sensitize muscle and fat cells to the effects of insulin.

Anabolic Pump works independent of insulin. Meaning you do not need insulin secretion for Anabolic Pump to work.

Anabolic Pump mimics the effects of Insulin JUST IN MUSCLE cells. Acts like an insulin antagonist to fat cells. This is the beauty of the supplement.

In the truest sense of the work "Mimic" Anabolic Pump is the only supplement that mimics insulin effects SPECIFIC to muslce cells...

Great deal going on at Nutraplanet on Anabolic Pump.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/anabolic-pump-90-caps-30-off-free-p-slin-30-caps.html

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glycobol >

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm really pleased with Glycobol.

MC Gun

MC Gun

Banned
Awards
l have some great success with p-slin and AP as long as it is used correctly and ingested about 20 mins before big carb meals 60+ grams and can be used before ph's, no boosters etc for greater results imo. l always take p-slin first thing in the morning on empty stomach with my supps and antioxidants then 20 mins later l take my no booster, carb protein shake and banana/honey toasted sandwiches which l basically have together then shower and go train.

l have no experience with glycobol

S

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
Please dont take this offensive in any way but , In all seriousness. Im no fan of usp labs. I dont like most their products because they are too overhyped but i tell you. I used and keep using ap and pslin cause the ingredients are legit to their claims. Maybe these claims are too outrageous, but hey is usp labs. What i can tell you is that indeed these 2 guys stacked will allow you to eat more carbs and still be able to lose fat or keep fat the same while you add muscle.
I think usp labs rep let this pretty clear when he briefly explained the mechanism of pslin/ap in the post above. But if you want me to further elaborate on this just ask. In fact ill tell you right off the bat that lagerstroemia speciosa does what they claim it does and i can link you to some legit studies that back this up. What im a bit dissapointed , however is that they havent improved on this product as there are some other herbs out there that have similar properties and could further compliment and make for an amazing and even more effective supplement.

Nothing against ai, however, i find some of the ingredients in glycobol contradict each other. Some of its ingredients are for sensitizing insulin response and others do mimic insulin but in both muscle and fat cells, which is pointless. as we do that ourselves in our bodies through our own insulin secretion. The whole point on a supp like this is to do what insulin does without making our own insulin be obersecreted and all this action preferably acting on muscle cells and not on fat cells which is basically what an optimal bodybuilding diet does for you.
You see my point is to have the advantages of insulinic properties but not its dissadvantages which is fat accumulation.
There is still to be improvement in this area, but for now pslin and ap are the best options imho.

Just my .02 cent

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i just got my AP and pslin in the mail today, i was under the impression that i should take the p slin.....then when that runs out take the anabolic pump, or vise versa.

why are you stacking them? arent they doing the same exact thing?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally like Anabolic Pump the best as I have used a ton of it, but Glycobol is great as well and I enjoyed using it for several months.

S

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
I workout after my first meal so meal 1 to me is actually both breakfast and preworkout meal. I personally take the pslin at this meal and it works great cause i dich a good amound of complex carbs in there. In fact i do their recommended meal they put in their manual for pslin, is just perfect as is laid!!. I dont take any post workout and i wouldnt recommend it as the food you take post workout will be anabolic in nature.

Remember, glut4 is stimulated post streneous exercise activity, which causes carbs to be pushed into the muscle cells and away from fat cells. In thory, thats the whole idea behind the mechanism of action for ap and pslin.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO some people are going to respond better to a certain product then others will. Some will prefer Glycobol some will like AP or P-slin. You have some very good products here.
But with Glycobol only 25-50grams of Carbs is enough but AP 100+?

IMO AP works better on Keto when is time to re-feed

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I've tried them all. They all work pretty good but I lean towards usplabs because of price and customer service!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I won't mention which ones.. but I have tested blood glucose levels with some of those products, and didn't see a change. Actually have done this with quite a few of these types of products.

Gymnema sylvestre I did though.

S

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
What about glyco****e? Not OTC, but a prescription drug desiged to treat type 2 diabetics. Thinking of using it. Anyone tried it?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you;ll really love glycobol, and as far as expense alot of people seeresults off 2 pills per day so its 2months for around 40-50$

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
L-arabinose
Researchers have identified a potent sucrase inhibitor called L-arabinose. Although it is a simple plant sugar, L-arabinose is indigestible and cannot be absorbed into the blood. Instead it remains in the digestive tract and is eventually excreted.11,12 By
blocking metabolism of sucrose, L-arabinose inhibits the spike in blood sugar and fat synthesis that would otherwise follow a sugar-rich meal.12 In animal models, L-arabinose virtually eliminates the rise in blood sugar following administration of sucrose,
with blood glucose levels rising only 2% higher than in control animals that did not receive sucrose. L-arabinose did not exert any effect on serum glucose levels in control animals that did not receive sucrose.13 L-arabinose has been proven safe in both short- and long-term studies, and may contribute to lowered levels of glycosylated
hemoglobin (hemoglobin A1C),14 a measure of chronic exposure to sugar in the blood. A study combining L-arabinose and white bean extract (see next page) not only smoothed out postprandial glucose spikes and reduced insulin levels—it lowered systolic
blood pressure.14

Chromium

The trace element chromium is another potent aid in the management of healthy blood sugar levels. Scientists have known for years that chromium aids in the management of type 2 diabetes, where it not only helps control blood glucose but also reduces
total cholesterol levels.15-17 The combination of chromium with L-arabinose attacks multiple targets to prevent sucrose-induced blood sugar elevation and reduce sugar calorie exposure.

Irvingia

Extract of the wild African mango Irvingia gabonensis can produce weight loss by inhibiting calorie absorption and storage through multiple mechanisms. It also exerts potent anti-diabetic and anti-obesity effects.31 Studies from Africa in the mid-1980’s
showed that Irvingia extract normalized blood sugar in diabetic patients while increasing the activity of enzymes involved in cellular energy metabolism.32 Irvingia extract also lowers blood levels of dangerous LDL and VLDL in diabetics, while increasing
beneficial HDL levels.33 It mobilizes liver enzyme activity in favor of glucose storage and away from its release into the bloodstream, thereby improving glucose control.31
Irvingia works in part by inhibiting the amylase enzyme, and thus provides support for those attempting to restrict their total carbohydrate exposure and lose weight.31 In one double-blind, placebo-controlled study of obese but otherwise healthy adults,
one month of supplementation produced a 5.3% body weight loss in supplemented patients, compared with only a 1.3% loss in the control group.34 These individuals also saw significant improvement in their lipid profiles. Additional studies confirm these
findings, demonstrating significant reductions in body fat content, waist circumference, blood sugar levels, and markers of fat tissue regulation.35,36

In addition to blocking amylase activity, Irvingia extract acts directly on fat cells to reduce lipid formation and storage.31,37 Its operation is multi-modal—downregulating genes that promote fat production—while upregulating factors that suppress it,
including adiponectin,36,37 a glucose-regulating hormone that lowers fat-mediated inflammation and enhances insulin sensitivity.38 Adiponectin levels correlate with a reduction in risk for metabolic syndrome.39,40

White bean extract... has been shown to diminish the effects of high-glycemic index foods that produce sharp, potentially dangerous postprandial blood sugar spikes.

White Bean Extract

Extracts from the common white kidney bean, Phaseolus vulgaris, are powerful blockers of the enzyme alpha-amylase, which is secreted by the pancreas.18,19 Alpha-amylase breaks down long-chain, complex starch molecules into simple sugars and
short-chain oligosaccharides for absorption in the small intestine. Blocking alpha-amylase inhibits the metabolism of starches and slows the rate at which free sugars are absorbed.

White bean extract shows enormous potential for preventing the blood sugar and insulin spikes that are associated with many chronic health disorders.13 Slowing starch digestion also prolongs the amount of time it takes for the stomach to empty its
contents, further reducing the amount of carbohydrate calories released at any one time into the intestine.20 White bean extracts operate along numerous overlapping pathways in multiple, related physiological systems. Laboratory research shows that supplementation with white bean extract promotes weight loss in obese animals, with dramatic reduction in fat accumulation without loss of muscle mass.21,22 Plasma insulin levels also dropped substantially following a high-carbohydrate meal including white bean extract in pre-clinical studies, reflecting a much more gradual rise in blood sugar levels.22Amylase inhibition with white bean extract has proven particularly effective in reducing glycemia (sugar load in the blood) in studies on diabetic animals. Supplementation in diabetic rats not only substantially lowered mean blood sugar levels; it also reduced the animals’ total food and water intake (water intake is increased in untreated diabetes because of the amount lost in sugar-laden urine).23 White bean extract has also been shown to boost levels of an intestinal hormone called cholecystokinin (CCK), which produces the sensation of satiety following a meal and reduces the urge to continue eating.24 Research further indicates it can restore overactive intestinal sugar-digesting enzymes to nearly normal levels, further reducing the sugar load.23

White bean extract has yielded equally compelling results in human studies. It has been shown to diminish the effects of highglycemic index foods (like white bread) that are notorious for producing sharp, potentially dangerous postprandial blood sugar
spikes, helping to alleviate metabolic burden throughout the body.25 In obese but otherwise healthy patients, supplementation with white bean extract produces weight loss more than twice as fast as in controls.26 Even in people who are only slightly
overweight, white bean extract reduces body weight, body mass index (BMI), fat mass, fat tissue thickness, and waist circumference, while maintaining lean body mass27—key elements that are linked with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease risk.
White bean extract is highly effective even in aging individuals whose diets contain the highest amounts of carbohydrates.28 By blocking amylase and slowing starch digestion, it increases the amount of intact carbohydrates reaching the lower bowel, where they are consumed by beneficial intestinal bacteria.19 It has also been shown to induce a three-fold reduction in serum triglycerides compared to controls.26
White bean extract has an excellent safety profile, even at high doses.29 As with all the
carbohydrate inhibitors reviewed here, it does not reduce blood sugar to below normal levels— an important feature for diabetics in whom large swings in glucose levels are especially dangerous.13 It should be noted that ingestion of white bean extract may result in minor intestinal protein losses, requiring additional protein intake.30

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO some people are going to respond better to a certain product then others will.
that is the most true thing i've read here :)

But with Glycobol only 25-50grams of Carbs is enough but AP 100+?
again, this is really really really individual. every person who decides to use this sort of product needs to play with carb amount and timing and type to maximize it

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think AP is best if is used for bulk not fot cut (FAT LOSS)

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Slin rocked my world this morning, holy balls

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I won't mention which ones.. but I have tested blood glucose levels with some of those products, and didn't see a change. Actually have done this with quite a few of these types of products.

Gymnema sylvestre I did though.
IIRC, you are a big proponent of Na-RALA, no?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IIRC, you are a big proponent of Na-RALA, no?
Yeah... I actually prefer K-R-ALA, but that is few and far between. Un fortunately I didnt have Na-R-ALA on hand for my tests... My diabetic friend took his home unit back from me! :D

Guess he needed it more than I! :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah... I actually prefer K-R-ALA, but that is few and far between. Un fortunately I didnt have Na-R-ALA on hand for my tests... My diabetic friend took his home unit back from me! :D

Guess he needed it more than I! :D
Na-RALA is the only product that has ever made me crash badly. I'll never forget that incident...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Na-RALA is the only product that has ever made me crash badly. I'll never forget that incident...
I can see that... even standard R-ALA I can feel a nice drop in blood sugar.

Have you used K-R-Ala? If not I strongly suggest trying that one out... I don't know what the potassium salt exactly does, but it is leaps and bounds above the others.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can see that... even standard R-ALA I can feel a nice drop in blood sugar.

Have you used K-R-Ala? If not I strongly suggest trying that one out... I don't know what the potassium salt exactly does, but it is leaps and bounds above the others.
I tried it years ago in both bulk and GXR. Ahh, the good days.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried it years ago in both bulk and GXR. Ahh, the good days.
I miss GXR... That was the good stuff.. now I have to buy it in bulk, and only find it few and far between.

S

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
i just got my AP and pslin in the mail today, i was under the impression that i should take the p slin.....then when that runs out take the anabolic pump, or vise versa.

why are you stacking them? arent they doing the same exact thing?
Sorry, i almost missed this one. I take one dose of each pslin and ap previous to my cheat meals which usually are huge and still was able to keep fat in check. I dose these about 15-30 mins pre-meal and i find that i feel less bloated and kinda light when i use ap/pslin previous as opposed to not using anything. You can do 2 ap caps if you dont have the pslin. But i only do this s"superdose" for these specific cheats.

I tend to hit the chinese buffet once a week and before ap, i usually felt sick and bloated for near 2 hrs after big eating. With ap/pslin previous to this meal i feel very light although is the same amount of food im puttin in.

To be honest, the only thing from ap tha i havent truly felt is those hyped muscle pump feelings. But as far as the food partitioning goes, is legit in my opinion.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually bitter melon extract seems to act pretty similarly as well to the common insulin mimickers. reminds me that I need to do b4 + after blood tests with that as well :)

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Took 3 slin 20 min before my meal of 75-80 grams of complex carbs and a heathy dose of protein and took my blood sugar 40 min after and I was crashing. Slin is strong, should of just taken two or upped my carbs, but all I can say is wow

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
AP I have done 2 runs with trying every kind of dosing/timing you can think of but no disrepect towards USP labs as I like all their other products, but AP was a deffinate no-go for me.

The best mix I have found is mixing ALA (300-600mg 15 min before carbs, dose depends on amount of carbs being digested) and Chromium Pic at 200mcg.

When I get the funds though I will be giving Glycobol a run as it looks very solid.

R

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest need2slin, its pretty awesome those logging it are reporting great things!!

I liked glycobol but got bad stomach problems, same with AP, p-slin is good to go, need2slin acts great for cutting and bulking though, as it stimulates beta 3 receptors so ramps up metabolism, and stimulates fat burning even with increased carb intake.. check it out bro.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would suggest need2slin, its pretty awesome those logging it are reporting great things!!

I liked glycobol but got bad stomach problems, same with AP, p-slin is good to go, need2slin acts great for cutting and bulking though, as it stimulates beta 3 receptors so ramps up metabolism, and stimulates fat burning even with increased carb intake.. check it out bro.
:eek:

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive used both Anabolic Pump and Pslin to good effect. But now im waiting for the release of "Muscle Feeder" from Primordial Performance.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive used both Anabolic Pump and Pslin to good effect. But now im waiting for the release of "Muscle Feeder" from Primordial Performance.
The Muscle feeder...(insulin management supplement) :ninja:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think AP is best if is used for bulk not fot cut (FAT LOSS)
For fat loss, carb consumption post-AP should be around 35-40gr.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump: Staple for strength gains

Glycobol: used it during cut, love it dearly

Na-r-ALA: use it with P-slin/AP during huge carb meals

Pslin- Good stuff...i use it pre-workout when my workouts are late and i dont eat carbs after my lift....post workout when i lift earlier in the day. Either I use it regularly.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabolic Pump: Staple for strength gains

Glycobol: used it during cut, love it dearly

Na-r-ALA: use it with P-slin/AP during huge carb meals

Pslin- Good stuff...i use it pre-workout when my workouts are late and i dont eat carbs after my lift....post workout when i lift earlier in the day. Either I use it regularly.
As said earlier... find some K-R-ALA... give that a shot and report back. :D

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
haha gotta find it first!! Honestly ive never heard of someone attaching a potassium salt to ALA....u always have these interesting tid bits adams....

TO THE RESEARCH LAB!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
real insulin is available over the counter.

just sayin :)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you have a good source to purchase from that would be helpful for everyone to know and if you have a dosing protocol that works for you, again, helpful for everyone.:dunno: