Cissus % Question

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im confused with the % extract for cissus

Is like 10% Cissus extract 2x better than 5%.

So would .5g 10%=1g 5%??

I want to mega dose it and see what it does for my joints but want to know the answer to this question first so i know which bulk powder to order

THanks

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
100mg of 10% cissus is 10mg extract.
100mg of 5% cissus is 5mg extract.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
100mg of 10% cissus is 10mg extract.
100mg of 5% cissus is 5mg extract.
ok thanks.

Ill think ill get the 100g of 20% for 21.49 which = 20g extract so $1.07/g instead of 100g of 5% for 9.99 which = 5g extract so $2/g....

That makes sense right?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Warbird, be sure to pick up some caps. I tried shooting cissus and throwing it in shakes but it got nasty after a few days. Maybe I'm just a big punani :run:

I found the 5% bulk powder to be mildly effective.
I found SuperCissus to be a bit more effective than the 5%.
The 20% Primaforce version was equally as effective as the SuperCissus.

I found VPX Glucosacream to be the fastest acting and to provide the most relief even after stopping supplementation.

This is over a period of something like 6-8 months with some mild joint issues, but no serious pathology by any means.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Warbird, be sure to pick up some caps. I tried shooting cissus and throwing it in shakes but it got nasty after a few days. Maybe I'm just a big punani :run:

I found the 5% bulk powder to be mildly effective.
I found SuperCissus to be a bit more effective than the 5%.
The 20% Primaforce version was equally as effective as the SuperCissus.

I found VPX Glucosacream to be the fastest acting and to provide the most relief even after stopping supplementation.

This is over a period of something like 6-8 months with some mild joint issues, but no serious pathology by any means.
Thanks man. I think ill go with the 20% cissus, ill do 2g a day and see how that works.

Yeah i got a cap em quick. Does it taste worse than YG? :laugh2:

Mrjustin

Mrjustin

Awards
no it does not. I havent had anything straight that comes close to the taste of YG:).

Also i recently used teh primaforce2 20% to save a buck and it did nothing for me. So i am back on taking Super Cissus and my joints felt better in 3 days.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
no it does not. I havent had anything straight that comes close to the taste of YG:).

Also i recently used teh primaforce2 20% to save a buck and it did nothing for me. So i am back on taking Super Cissus and my joints felt better in 3 days.
Hmm, is the YG worse than bulk HGW? Wow, that it rank shiiz :sour:

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I've taken Cissus straight!

I've gotten the Nutraplanet bulk several times...I just get a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon and down it with some Lipton instant green tea. The only problem I have ever had was this last tub seemed to start clumping really fast.

Now, Bulk Pslin was kind of rough....but I think the thing that had me dancing around making the ugly face more than anything was the Ultimate Masspump stack...that was potent pucker power!!!!!!

I haven'y tried Yellow Gold yet....

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've taken Cissus straight!

I've gotten the Nutraplanet bulk several times...I just get a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon and down it with some Lipton instant green tea. The only problem I have ever had was this last tub seemed to start clumping really fast.

Now, Bulk Pslin was kind of rough....but I think the thing that had me dancing around making the ugly face more than anything was the Ultimate Masspump stack...that was potent pucker power!!!!!!

I haven'y tried Yellow Gold yet....
I'd have to assume that was the CEE that tasted bad. That's not as bad Cissus or HGW IMO. The arginine and cit mal have a pleasant lemon taste, ya it's gotta be the CEE

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
id would personally go with the 50percent cissus caps... expensive but atleast u can megadose it easier...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man not trying to highjack ur thread but is YG seriously that bad? I am planning on getting some and just dropping it down the hatch.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to assume that was the CEE that tasted bad. That's not as bad Cissus or HGW IMO. The arginine and cit mal have a pleasant lemon taste, ya it's gotta be the CEE
To me, cissus justtaste like what tea would taste like with out any added stuff to make it taste good.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
IMO the Cissus tasted a whole hell of a lot better. That reminds me....I need to order more....

Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein

Awards
  • Established
Im confused with the % extract for cissus

Is like 10% Cissus extract 2x better than 5%.

So would .5g 10%=1g 5%??

I want to mega dose it and see what it does for my joints but want to know the answer to this question first so i know which bulk powder to order

THanks
10% is the patented, most effective USPLabs version.
More is not always better with extraction, 10% is most effective for Joint health..

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Anythinjg over 10% has been getting bad reviews. I think the extract is the suposed anabolic part, and it ssems that 20% and 50% are inferior joint products. Can anyone comment on 5% vs 10%, purely in terms of how it affected their joints?

Mrjustin

Mrjustin

Awards
the 5% and 10% acted roughly the same for me, obvisouly dosing higher for the 5% stuff.

yes YG is that bad. I have found the easiest way to take it straight is to put a few ounces of tea or water in my mouth spoon my dose into the water and swallow. the aftertaste doesnt last and if you do it this was you can hardly notice, but if you do it and the YG hits your tongue, well lets put it this way last time i messed up my dosing i almost choked and i happened to be holding the container in my one hand that hit the floor. Lost had of my YG....

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anythinjg over 10% has been getting bad reviews. I think the extract is the suposed anabolic part, and it ssems that 20% and 50% are inferior joint products. Can anyone comment on 5% vs 10%, purely in terms of how it affected their joints?
is this based on your experience? There doesn't seem to be a consensus as to an obvious favorite in this thread :think:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
You can always roll bulk powders into tissue paper and parachute it. That's what I did with YG and super cissus rx. Taste nothing and all the powder gets injested.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
YG is horrid- it feels like the taste stays in your mouth forever, it's painfull lol

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can always roll bulk powders into tissue paper and parachute it. That's what I did with YG and super cissus rx. Taste nothing and all the powder gets injested.
I was doing that until one time the toilet paper split apart in my mouth :cussing::cussing:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
is this based on your experience? There doesn't seem to be a consensus as to an obvious favorite in this thread :think:
Just what I've looked up on the internet.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just what I've looked up on the internet.
Ya, it looked that way to me too when I was researching. My experience with supps, including cissus extracts, is that it just about never works out the way that I expected :dunno:

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
primaforce cissus always worked on my joints, now I`m using a appnut extract and I feel it works well too

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Ya, it looked that way to me too when I was researching. My experience with supps, including cissus extracts, is that it just about never works out the way that I expected :dunno:
Tell me about it. Alcar makes me tired, even with choline.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Warbird, I totally wrecked this thread and turned it into a tangent free for all... lay the smack down if I'm annoying you with idle chatter :nutkick:

Tell me about it. Alcar makes me tired, even with choline.
Hmm, ya know there's a LOT of people that use focus/ mood enhancers such as ALCAR with stims. For example, BigT likes to use USP PowerFull stacked with VPX Meltdown. The stim over rides the drowsy calm, to explain to the strategy. I personally like to throw ALCAR into SMASH or TRAC Extreme and it adds a little extra happy :D

I've used NOW Mucana/Dopa (which I suspect could be called poor man's powerful LOL) and stacked with ephedrine and once with plain old caffeine and the results were nice for a preworkout.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its ok, i already bought 20%, well see how it works...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Warbird, I totally wrecked this thread and turned it into a tangent free for all... lay the smack down if I'm annoying you with idle chatter :nutkick:

Hmm, ya know there's a LOT of people that use focus/ mood enhancers such as ALCAR with stims. For example, BigT likes to use USP PowerFull stacked with VPX Meltdown. The stim over rides the drowsy calm, to explain to the strategy. I personally like to throw ALCAR into SMASH or TRAC Extreme and it adds a little extra happy :D

I've used NOW Mucana/Dopa (which I suspect could be called poor man's powerful LOL) and stacked with ephedrine and once with plain old caffeine and the results were nice for a preworkout.
Hows that macuna/dopa working out for you in hte sense of recovery. Do you feel like the GH is benefitting you?

Also, how much caffein would you reccomend for every 500 mg of alcar?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I noticed no recovery enhancement to be honest. I've never experienced anything like that from proported GH boosters. Oh well. I like gh boosters more for mood enhancement... mellow at night or with a strong stim preworkout.

I like to throw about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of NP ALCAR into 1 scoop of any preworkout mix. For example, obviously I tend to choose SMASH, which has 200mg caffeine in it. Keep in mind, I've never noticed ALCAR making me tired :think:

KingDong,
There's a pretty educated fella on another board that suggests weird affects of ALCAR for people with certain medical issues. He seems to support the positive potential of alcar, but always seems to lean toward "less is more" strategies for this particular supplement.

Just as an experiment, try dosing like 1/8 tsp thrown into shakes (so with food) maybe 2-3x/day. I'm wondering if you'd just do better splitting up the dosages

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
KingDong,
There's a pretty educated fella on another board that suggests weird affects of ALCAR for people with certain medical issues. He seems to support the positive potential of alcar, but always seems to lean toward "less is more" strategies for this particular supplement.

Just as an experiment, try dosing like 1/8 tsp thrown into shakes (so with food) maybe 2-3x/day. I'm wondering if you'd just do better splitting up the dosages
Thank you for that information. If you know this guys name, could you tell me? I guess I have some research to do. I think my thyroid is off. I've been balding since 18 and still have some pimples at the age of 24.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I think with medical issues he was leaning more towards caution with people who have a history of adhd or anxiety disorders. Sort of similar to all stims in general I think.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well I think with medical issues he was leaning more towards caution with people who have a history of adhd or anxiety disorders. Sort of similar to all stims in general I think.

Wel ADD and anxiety have both been me! Thanks again for your willingness to help. I'm still gonna look into my thyroid though because at 220, I'm mostly muscle and considered a good looking guy, but my 57 year old dad eats more calories in a day than I do and still weighs less. Combine that with the things I listed above, and suspiscion arises.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, I got my info straightened out. It's sort of the same concept as add meds. For example, adderol (sp?) is sort of a stim but excellent for focus for those with add. The theory goes that a low end doses of alcar, tyrosine, etc etc (nootropics) can be your otc option.

Just as a disclaimer (especially to not trivialize a medical issue such as add) I'm not saying this will or won't work. It's just theory shop talk is all :scratchchin:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Alcar seemed to help me concentrate before my piracetam ran out. Now, the lowest dose knocks me out.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for the sake of not just tossing out your alcar, have you tried stacking with a stim yet? just for experimentation ya know :study:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I'll try it sometime when I'm studying for a test.