Cissus % Question - AnabolicMinds.com

Cissus % Question

  1. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,416
    Answers
    4
    Rep Power
    585812

    Cissus % Question


    Im confused with the % extract for cissus

    Is like 10% Cissus extract 2x better than 5%.

    So would .5g 10%=1g 5%??

    I want to mega dose it and see what it does for my joints but want to know the answer to this question first so i know which bulk powder to order

    THanks
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  2. Senior Member
    soontobbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,812
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2248

    100mg of 10% cissus is 10mg extract.
    100mg of 5% cissus is 5mg extract.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

  3. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    I didn't notice a difference.

    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,416
    Answers
    4
    Rep Power
    585812

    Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    100mg of 10% cissus is 10mg extract.
    100mg of 5% cissus is 5mg extract.
    ok thanks.

    Ill think ill get the 100g of 20% for 21.49 which = 20g extract so $1.07/g instead of 100g of 5% for 9.99 which = 5g extract so $2/g....

    That makes sense right?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  5. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Warbird, be sure to pick up some caps. I tried shooting cissus and throwing it in shakes but it got nasty after a few days. Maybe I'm just a big punani

    I found the 5% bulk powder to be mildly effective.
    I found SuperCissus to be a bit more effective than the 5%.
    The 20% Primaforce version was equally as effective as the SuperCissus.

    I found VPX Glucosacream to be the fastest acting and to provide the most relief even after stopping supplementation.

    This is over a period of something like 6-8 months with some mild joint issues, but no serious pathology by any means.

  6. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,416
    Answers
    4
    Rep Power
    585812

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Warbird, be sure to pick up some caps. I tried shooting cissus and throwing it in shakes but it got nasty after a few days. Maybe I'm just a big punani

    I found the 5% bulk powder to be mildly effective.
    I found SuperCissus to be a bit more effective than the 5%.
    The 20% Primaforce version was equally as effective as the SuperCissus.

    I found VPX Glucosacream to be the fastest acting and to provide the most relief even after stopping supplementation.

    This is over a period of something like 6-8 months with some mild joint issues, but no serious pathology by any means.
    Thanks man. I think ill go with the 20% cissus, ill do 2g a day and see how that works.

    Yeah i got a cap em quick. Does it taste worse than YG?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  7. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    never tried YG so I dunno LOL

  8. New Member
    Mrjustin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    108

    no it does not. I havent had anything straight that comes close to the taste of YG.

    Also i recently used teh primaforce2 20% to save a buck and it did nothing for me. So i am back on taking Super Cissus and my joints felt better in 3 days.

  9. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjustin View Post
    no it does not. I havent had anything straight that comes close to the taste of YG.

    Also i recently used teh primaforce2 20% to save a buck and it did nothing for me. So i am back on taking Super Cissus and my joints felt better in 3 days.
    Hmm, is the YG worse than bulk HGW? Wow, that it rank shiiz

  10. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    7807

    I've taken Cissus straight!

    I've gotten the Nutraplanet bulk several times...I just get a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon and down it with some Lipton instant green tea. The only problem I have ever had was this last tub seemed to start clumping really fast.

    Now, Bulk Pslin was kind of rough....but I think the thing that had me dancing around making the ugly face more than anything was the Ultimate Masspump stack...that was potent pucker power!!!!!!

    I haven'y tried Yellow Gold yet....

  11. Senior Member
    capnsavem's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,226
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1241

    +1 on primaforce cissus

  12. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    I've taken Cissus straight!

    I've gotten the Nutraplanet bulk several times...I just get a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon and down it with some Lipton instant green tea. The only problem I have ever had was this last tub seemed to start clumping really fast.

    Now, Bulk Pslin was kind of rough....but I think the thing that had me dancing around making the ugly face more than anything was the Ultimate Masspump stack...that was potent pucker power!!!!!!

    I haven'y tried Yellow Gold yet....
    I'd have to assume that was the CEE that tasted bad. That's not as bad Cissus or HGW IMO. The arginine and cit mal have a pleasant lemon taste, ya it's gotta be the CEE

  13. Senior Member
    JaredGalloway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    590

    id would personally go with the 50percent cissus caps... expensive but atleast u can megadose it easier...

  14. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    629264

    Man not trying to highjack ur thread but is YG seriously that bad? I am planning on getting some and just dropping it down the hatch.

  15. Advanced Member
    giantbrandon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    661
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    414

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Man not trying to highjack ur thread but is YG seriously that bad? I am planning on getting some and just dropping it down the hatch.
    it tastes like s hit

  16. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    I'd have to assume that was the CEE that tasted bad. That's not as bad Cissus or HGW IMO. The arginine and cit mal have a pleasant lemon taste, ya it's gotta be the CEE
    To me, cissus justtaste like what tea would taste like with out any added stuff to make it taste good.

  17. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    7807

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    I'd have to assume that was the CEE that tasted bad. That's not as bad Cissus or HGW IMO. The arginine and cit mal have a pleasant lemon taste, ya it's gotta be the CEE
    IMO the Cissus tasted a whole hell of a lot better. That reminds me....I need to order more....

  18. New Member
    Wolfenstein's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    279
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    219

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    Im confused with the % extract for cissus

    Is like 10% Cissus extract 2x better than 5%.

    So would .5g 10%=1g 5%??

    I want to mega dose it and see what it does for my joints but want to know the answer to this question first so i know which bulk powder to order

    THanks
    10% is the patented, most effective USPLabs version.
    More is not always better with extraction, 10% is most effective for Joint health..

  19. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Anythinjg over 10% has been getting bad reviews. I think the extract is the suposed anabolic part, and it ssems that 20% and 50% are inferior joint products. Can anyone comment on 5% vs 10%, purely in terms of how it affected their joints?

  20. New Member
    Mrjustin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    78
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    108

    the 5% and 10% acted roughly the same for me, obvisouly dosing higher for the 5% stuff.

    yes YG is that bad. I have found the easiest way to take it straight is to put a few ounces of tea or water in my mouth spoon my dose into the water and swallow. the aftertaste doesnt last and if you do it this was you can hardly notice, but if you do it and the YG hits your tongue, well lets put it this way last time i messed up my dosing i almost choked and i happened to be holding the container in my one hand that hit the floor. Lost had of my YG....

  21. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Anythinjg over 10% has been getting bad reviews. I think the extract is the suposed anabolic part, and it ssems that 20% and 50% are inferior joint products. Can anyone comment on 5% vs 10%, purely in terms of how it affected their joints?
    is this based on your experience? There doesn't seem to be a consensus as to an obvious favorite in this thread

  22. Senior Member
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    17827

    You can always roll bulk powders into tissue paper and parachute it. That's what I did with YG and super cissus rx. Taste nothing and all the powder gets injested.

  23. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    736

    YG is horrid- it feels like the taste stays in your mouth forever, it's painfull lol

  24. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,416
    Answers
    4
    Rep Power
    585812

    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    You can always roll bulk powders into tissue paper and parachute it. That's what I did with YG and super cissus rx. Taste nothing and all the powder gets injested.
    I was doing that until one time the toilet paper split apart in my mouth
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  25. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    is this based on your experience? There doesn't seem to be a consensus as to an obvious favorite in this thread
    Just what I've looked up on the internet.

  26. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Just what I've looked up on the internet.
    Ya, it looked that way to me too when I was researching. My experience with supps, including cissus extracts, is that it just about never works out the way that I expected

  27. Senior Member
    nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,528
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1317

    primaforce cissus always worked on my joints, now I`m using a appnut extract and I feel it works well too

  28. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Ya, it looked that way to me too when I was researching. My experience with supps, including cissus extracts, is that it just about never works out the way that I expected
    Tell me about it. Alcar makes me tired, even with choline.

  29. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Warbird, I totally wrecked this thread and turned it into a tangent free for all... lay the smack down if I'm annoying you with idle chatter

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Tell me about it. Alcar makes me tired, even with choline.
    Hmm, ya know there's a LOT of people that use focus/ mood enhancers such as ALCAR with stims. For example, BigT likes to use USP PowerFull stacked with VPX Meltdown. The stim over rides the drowsy calm, to explain to the strategy. I personally like to throw ALCAR into SMASH or TRAC Extreme and it adds a little extra happy

    I've used NOW Mucana/Dopa (which I suspect could be called poor man's powerful LOL) and stacked with ephedrine and once with plain old caffeine and the results were nice for a preworkout.

  30. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,416
    Answers
    4
    Rep Power
    585812

    its ok, i already bought 20%, well see how it works...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  31. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Warbird, I totally wrecked this thread and turned it into a tangent free for all... lay the smack down if I'm annoying you with idle chatter



    Hmm, ya know there's a LOT of people that use focus/ mood enhancers such as ALCAR with stims. For example, BigT likes to use USP PowerFull stacked with VPX Meltdown. The stim over rides the drowsy calm, to explain to the strategy. I personally like to throw ALCAR into SMASH or TRAC Extreme and it adds a little extra happy

    I've used NOW Mucana/Dopa (which I suspect could be called poor man's powerful LOL) and stacked with ephedrine and once with plain old caffeine and the results were nice for a preworkout.
    Hows that macuna/dopa working out for you in hte sense of recovery. Do you feel like the GH is benefitting you?

    Also, how much caffein would you reccomend for every 500 mg of alcar?

  32. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    I noticed no recovery enhancement to be honest. I've never experienced anything like that from proported GH boosters. Oh well. I like gh boosters more for mood enhancement... mellow at night or with a strong stim preworkout.

    I like to throw about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of NP ALCAR into 1 scoop of any preworkout mix. For example, obviously I tend to choose SMASH, which has 200mg caffeine in it. Keep in mind, I've never noticed ALCAR making me tired

    KingDong,
    There's a pretty educated fella on another board that suggests weird affects of ALCAR for people with certain medical issues. He seems to support the positive potential of alcar, but always seems to lean toward "less is more" strategies for this particular supplement.

    Just as an experiment, try dosing like 1/8 tsp thrown into shakes (so with food) maybe 2-3x/day. I'm wondering if you'd just do better splitting up the dosages

  33. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post

    KingDong,
    There's a pretty educated fella on another board that suggests weird affects of ALCAR for people with certain medical issues. He seems to support the positive potential of alcar, but always seems to lean toward "less is more" strategies for this particular supplement.

    Just as an experiment, try dosing like 1/8 tsp thrown into shakes (so with food) maybe 2-3x/day. I'm wondering if you'd just do better splitting up the dosages
    Thank you for that information. If you know this guys name, could you tell me? I guess I have some research to do. I think my thyroid is off. I've been balding since 18 and still have some pimples at the age of 24.

  34. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Well I think with medical issues he was leaning more towards caution with people who have a history of adhd or anxiety disorders. Sort of similar to all stims in general I think.

  35. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Well I think with medical issues he was leaning more towards caution with people who have a history of adhd or anxiety disorders. Sort of similar to all stims in general I think.

    Wel ADD and anxiety have both been me! Thanks again for your willingness to help. I'm still gonna look into my thyroid though because at 220, I'm mostly muscle and considered a good looking guy, but my 57 year old dad eats more calories in a day than I do and still weighs less. Combine that with the things I listed above, and suspiscion arises.

  36. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    Talking


    Ok, I got my info straightened out. It's sort of the same concept as add meds. For example, adderol (sp?) is sort of a stim but excellent for focus for those with add. The theory goes that a low end doses of alcar, tyrosine, etc etc (nootropics) can be your otc option.

    Just as a disclaimer (especially to not trivialize a medical issue such as add) I'm not saying this will or won't work. It's just theory shop talk is all

  37. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    Alcar seemed to help me concentrate before my piracetam ran out. Now, the lowest dose knocks me out.

  38. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    it is a good theory though.

  39. Professional Member
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,211
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    140359

    for the sake of not just tossing out your alcar, have you tried stacking with a stim yet? just for experimentation ya know

  40. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8205

    I'll try it sometime when I'm studying for a test.

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cissus question?
    By we1todd2it3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 10:58 PM
  2. Cissus question
    By Hyde12 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 09:25 PM
  3. Cissus Question
    By amicold in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 06:11 PM
  4. Cissus Question???
    By SweetLou32937 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 03:13 PM
  5. Cissus question...
    By Stinger124 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in