So I ran a 5k on Sunday

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't run in a year and a half. I'm 6'0" 190, not an ideal running weight.

I did 21:24. BOOYAH!

But I have a confession. I cheated. I took 3 Cre02 at 6:30am, ate some oatmeal and a banana, then 45 minutes before took 2 VO2 with Purple Wraath and a scoop of White Flood. I feel guilty. Like I cut a corner, or took an opportunity no one else was offered. I mean, those behind me didn't even stand a chance. I'm utterly conflicted.

[COLOR*********]Oh, wait, NO I'M NOT!!! :D[/COLOR]

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
glad you didn't have a heart attack haha congrats

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:lol: No, I'm in good shape, 6 hrs of judo weekly kick me into anaerobic hell. But that's nothing like running a 5k. My shins are screaming, haha.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Whenever I run with a NO product my calfs always get a pump like whenever I am weight training. They swell and it gets painful after awhile then I am like F*** this. Do you get that in your legs?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whenever I run with a NO product my calfs always get a pump like whenever I am weight training. They swell and it gets painful after awhile then I am like F*** this. Do you get that in your legs?
Well, no. Only the White Flood had arginine, and it was a half dose. The course was flat, too, so there weren't any hills, which might have caused calf pumps.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Nice time man. I had to Google to see that you meant to say 3.1 miles :18:

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I use vasocharge man and my muscles blow up with any sort of movement.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice time man. I had to Google to see that you meant to say 3.1 miles :18:
Thanks. And oddly the term '5k' is used in the US. Dumb, but true. No idea why these runs are measured in kilometers.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, no. Only the White Flood had arginine, and it was a half dose. The course was flat, too, so there weren't any hills, which might have caused calf pumps.
made the mistake of running 10 miles with my wife the other day- wasn't that bad, but I felt like total crap for about 3 days afterward.....

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:lol: Nice to know you can do it on the fly, but there is a bit of an aftermath, huh?

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
:lol: No, I'm in good shape, 6 hrs of judo weekly kick me into anaerobic hell. But that's nothing like running a 5k. My shins are screaming, haha.
haha i meant the fact that you were running on stims but good time with supp help or not

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I wonder what my 5k time would be now days, ran around 18 flat in high school xc. Just wish I ate right and used supplementation back then.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, guys! It was for charity, btw. A friends mom died of lung cancer, and recruited me. Last year I did 22:43, and came in 3rd in the 30-35 age range. They were very happy to have me on the team, so this year, they arranged some competition, and brought in a couple friends who are 'runners'. One beat me by 2 seconds.

It's on for next year. I might even train for it. :D

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Awesome time! Sub 7 minute miles. Well done!

jim623

Thanks, guys! It was for charity, btw. A friends mom died of lung cancer, and recruited me. Last year I did 22:43, and came in 3rd in the 30-35 age range. They were very happy to have me on the team, so this year, they arranged some competition, and brought in a couple friends who are 'runners'. One beat me by 2 seconds.

It's on for next year. I might even train for it. :D
Last one I ran in, this high school kid ran it in 14 minutes, I figured, what's the point.
I decided to do it again anyway, for the cause. Been training for 4 weeks now.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
made the mistake of running 10 miles with my wife the other day- wasn't that bad, but I felt like total crap for about 3 days afterward.....
Yep- the aftermath really was not worth the effort IMHO

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
lol rms, did you just quote yourself, and then agree with yourself?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lol rms, did you just quote yourself, and then agree with yourself?
ha-ha- very clever :)

I meant to quote poison from post- not trying to act like TO and refer to myself in the third person, LOL- that's what I get for paying attention....

Ceckert51

Awards
a 5k is 3.1 miles right? if so then 21 min is a really good time