Sleep supps - how important?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by ADDam View Post
    guess rubberring is the head Troll around these boards, probably worships and watches fight club every night beating off to brad pitt making soap while remembering every line that is said.
    Yes, and as your king, I order you to stop posting asinine remarks in threads you haven't even read through.

And for the record, I have never masturbated to Brad Pitt. I'm more of a Meat Loaf guy. His name... was Robert Paulson.
    RTR.

2. If you are a light sleeper or do not sleep for long, then sleep supplements can be a huge pick me up. I do not sleep well normally so when I take zma i generally awake much more rested and feel more recovered in the morning. Sleep supplements and how effective they are will depend on the individual and their sleep patterns.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ADDam View Post
    so sorry to see that this was such a serious discussion, I was posting random postings to get my post rate up so I could PM someone.

....wow.

kidding aside, phenibut shouldn't be in a sleep aid and is a serious type of substance. Why would someone incorporate that into a compound for sleep? I'm not as knowledgeable as I used to be about phenibut(when I was taking it)
    but I do know you should not take it ED for sleep. You might as well lace your compound with xanax, it would be the same thing.

Yeah you're right...that wasn't even slightly dramatic. Not in the least bit. Nope...no drama there. none.

I took Phenibut for like anti social anxiety but it didn't work. People posted about it doing wonders for them in that dept. but not for me. I gave some to my friend, like 800mg and he had a hangover the next day, without drinking, just smoking weed, hes a druggie. What i'm saying is Phenibut is as serious as xanax and other prescription drugs in terms of what it does in your brain. I'm surprised you can still buy it.

You're surprised that you can still purchase something that caused a hangover in your drug addict friend. Yep...me too.

wow I'm looking at the product description of SOMNIDREN GH, thats a crazy looking profile of a lot of chemicals that are precursors to neurotransmitters, I've seen a LOT of supplement profiles and this has to be one of the... i don't know how to describe it, I actually have every single one of those chemicals except the phenibut in powder form right now, but I take them at different times because they are not synergistic(i think),

I have already said that the ingredients in Somnidren GH are not only synergistic, but also safe for use in the doses they are alloted in the product. Again...I couldn't clearly detect any drama in that part of the post....so thats always a plus

WOW, this chemical profile, everytime I look at it, it doesnt seem real

Choline Bitartrate, Dmae Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine,l-Theanine, = precursors to every transmitter except serotonin, why dont you just throw in 5-HTP? rofl, At least 5-HTP is actually used as a sleep aid, while DMAE and CHOLINE are the opposite of sleep aids.

DMAE is a nootropic and used to increase the oxygen supply of the brain and stimulate nerve growth. Choline is a necessary source for transfer of things like Vitamin b6...you know...the one often found in ZMA complexes...FOR SLEEP. It is also a nootropic.....kind of easy to see how that could be used to work in your advantage for sleep isn't it?

The whole thing is when you take precursors like that, they compete and are not synergistic, like dopamine and serotonin are, but the 2 others are not. This is one crazy supplement I might try it during the day but not for a sleep aid. I took L-theanine as a sleep aid to increase GABA and everytime it was so hard to wakeup. I took 5-HTP as a sleep aid one time also... both of these work but its just hard to get up.

Unisom works by blocking the receptors of choline and you having 2 precursors in your product should act as the opposite(make your mind race), I just dont get this profile, there is just no way all of these chemicals are working synergistic

From the last 2 paragraphs I am gathering that you have not even USED Somnidren then? Okay....i'm done writing to you then

How much of Phenibut is in this compound?
    I write in bold.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

4. Wow this thread got screwed up in hurry. First off, anyone suggesting that S-GH contains enough phenibut to elicit ill effects or withdrawal symptoms in 100% incorrect. Most withdrawal symptoms are caused by daily dosing of 500mg-1000mg and I assure you that S-GH contains only a small fraction of that amount. We certainly use a much smaller amount than some of these companies and we use quality uncorrupted raw material. We don't recommend taking it daily as a 5 on 2 off regimen works best for any product where receptor site down regulation could come into play. Most people who get side effects from S-GH such as headaches are typically the ones who take other supposed sleep aids, prescription drugs, supplements or are taking other dopamine precursors along side S-GH. S-GH isn't meant to be a "sleep" aid. It is all about GH release and its incredibly apparent from reading this thread that people for the most part JUST DON'T GET IT. Sleep is just a pleasant effect of the product, not its main purpose. Get it straight!

In my opinion anyone suffering from social anxiety disorder for the most part should distance themselves from anything dopamine related (and most sleep aids) and should do an exhaustive amount of homework on their condition and possible aggravating compounds to their condition before putting anything into their system. Social anxiety disorder isn't something that you should trust your buddy's recommendation or try something posted to a forum thread to treat. There may be a serious neurotransmitter imbalance and self medicating or supplementing without the facts is never a good idea. 800mg of phenibut is rarely advised for someone with balanced neurochemistry let alone someone with heightened social anxiety.

To say that phenibut should be in the same class as xanax is ridiculous. Any compound can be abused!!! The terms "chemicals" & "chemical profile" has also been used in a terrible context. LOL.

Maybe we should get started on all of the people screwing their pineal glands over by taking needless amounts of exogenous melatonin before bed. Madness I tell you!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    Maybe we should get started on all of the people screwing their pineal glands over by taking needless amounts of exogenous melatonin before bed. Madness I tell you!
    not to mention the fact that a great percentage of melatonin is outsourced from the vomit of cow's. That surely sounds like something i'd get in line to ingest
    www.millenniumsport.net
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    First off, anyone suggesting that S-GH contains enough phenibut to elicit ill effects or withdrawal symptoms in 100% incorrect. Most withdrawal symptoms are caused by daily dosing of 500mg-1000mg
    If that was aimed toward me, I didn't suggest anything about your product dosage-wise. The assertion was made that there was no need for concern whatsoever. I asked for clarification, because I know phenibut usage can be addictive and there can be withdrawal. As for your "500mg-1000mg" statement... how do you qualify that? I'm not saying you can't... but it would nice if you could. You can't expect to throw that out there and expect the consumer to go, "Oh, okay."

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    S-GH isn't meant to be a "sleep" aid. It is all about GH release and its incredibly apparent from reading this thread that people for the most part JUST DON'T GET IT. Sleep is just a pleasant effect of the product, not its main purpose. Get it straight!
    Now see... this kind of pisses me off. How can you... in a condescending tone... say that Somnidren isn't meant to be a sleep aid??? GTFO! You even go so far as to see people JUST DON'T GET IT. That's insulting. Somnidren is absolutely marketed on multiple forums as a sleep aid.

somn or somni is Latin for sleep. Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep.

From your own product write-up:

"Somnidren-GH™ is an ultra potent, target response sleep and growth hormone potentiator formulated to maximize recuperative REM sleep & Growth Hormone production while reducing stress and anxiety promoting a favorable anabolic environment while sleeping."

Sleep potentiator.

Potentiate - to increase the effect or likelihood of

Don't even try to go all semantic on me about this either. I was willing to let the phenibut issue die... but to now say Somnidren, a word you refrain from typing, is not marketed as a sleep aid??? Dude...
    RTR.

7. Btw... you might want to contact the numerous online vendors who put your product in their sleep aid category. Obviously, they JUST DON'T GET IT.
    RTR.

8. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    If that was aimed toward me, I didn't suggest anything about your product dosage-wise. The assertion was made that there was no need for concern whatsoever. I asked for clarification, because I know phenibut usage can be addictive and there can be withdrawal. As for your "500mg-1000mg" statement... how do you qualify that? I'm not saying you can't... but it would nice if you could. You can't expect to throw that out there and expect the consumer to go, "Oh, okay."

Now see... this kind of pisses me off. How can you... in a condescending tone... say that Somnidren isn't marketed as a sleep aid??? GTFO! You even go so far as to see people JUST DON'T GET IT. That's insulting. Somnidren is absolutely marketed on multiple forums as a sleep aid.

somn or somni is Latin for sleep. Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep.

From your own product write-up:

"Somnidren-GH™ is an ultra potent, target response sleep and growth hormone potentiator formulated to maximize recuperative REM sleep & Growth Hormone production while reducing stress and anxiety promoting a favorable anabolic environment while sleeping."

Sleep potentiator.

Potentiate - to increase the effect or likelihood of

Don't even try to go all semantic on me about this either. I was willing to let the phenibut issue die... but to now say Somnidren, a word you refrain from typing, is not marketed as a sleep aid??? Dude...
    Wow, you're really bent out of shape. It wasn't directed towards you so dont take it so personally.

I can stand behind the 500-1000mg dose of phenibut because as you can see by looking the majority of studies and testimonials from phenibut dependants that its typically a half gram to a full gram of daily use that leads to dependency. I'm not saying that it can't happen at lower doses for some people but I'm saying that S-GH has a mere fraction of that per serving so yes, I can say that dependency has never been an issue in the three years its been on the market. It has never been an issue in our testing or anybody elses testing. Obviously tolerance it will vary from person to person but as we've seen a couple hundred milligrams isn't going to elicit dependency.

Somnidren-GH is far more about GH production than sleep. Thats how I can come off sounding condescending and say that people dont really get it. We don't market Somnidren-GH as a conventional sleep aid, as the term implies that it is "only going to help you sleep". S-GH is a growth hormone and sleep potentiator (as you have correctly defined as "to increase the effect or likelyhood of"). Will S-GH help you sleep? Yes! Thank God it will! Is it a conventional sleep aid as so defined by this industry? No! It's far more than that. By no means was I trying to insult your or anyone elses intelligence and I see your point and frustration but I get a little bent out of shape when S-GH is demoted to a lowly sleep aid in the minds of the masses.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Btw... you might want to contact the numerous online vendors who put your product in their sleep aid category. Obviously, they JUST DON'T GET IT.
    BTW, We have little control over where anyone else puts it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    By no means was I trying to insult your or anyone elses intelligence and I see your point and frustration but I get a little bent out of shape when S-GH is demoted to a lowly sleep aid in the minds of the masses.
    Fair enough.
    RTR.

11. Muscle Pharm Bullet Proof.. Go get it

412 Grams Orange Raspberry
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size1Scoop(19g)
    Servings Per Container22

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 48
    Calories From Fat 0g 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 2g <1%
    Sugars 1g *%
    Calcium 200mg 20%
    Potassium 91mg 3%
    Phosphorus (Dicalcium Phosphate) 90mg 9%
    Protein 10g 20%
    ZMA BLEND

Zinc (As Monomethione & Asparate) 10mg 67%
    Magnesium (As Asparate) 148mg 37%
    Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%

Featuring Omegawave™

Bullet Proof™ Proprietary Blend 12,735mg **

HGH And Night Growth Matrix **
    L-Arginine HCL, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, 4-Amino-3 Phenylbutyric Acid (Phenibut), L-Phenylalanine, Macuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa), L-Tyrosine

Muscle Recovery Matrix **
    L-Glutamine HMB (Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutuyrate Monohydrate), Beta Alanine, Citruline Malate, Gingerols (From Ginger Root) 20%

Essential Amino Acid Blend: **
    L-Valine, L-Theronine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    ** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients:
    Sucralose, Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucrose, Guar Gum
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

12. I like the sleep supps. Sleep/recovery is vital! Anyone here try the one by Biotest? It's super pricey but is suppose to be a great one.

13. I'm sold on the stack I logged, totally loved it. However, I did wind up switching out the Vassive-x for just straight up arginine and ornithine. That stack helped me lose roughly 6 pounds, keep energized, and get pretty restful sleep whenever I got switched over to working nights and had to sleep during the days. Honestly didn't have any bad sides to report, other than that it's not a good thing to take if the little lady winds up feeling "Frisky" about 30 mins. after you dose it, as this stuff knocked me out, and then got me in the dog house the next day.

14. Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    other than that it's not a good thing to take if the little lady winds up feeling "Frisky" about 30 mins. after you dose it, as this stuff knocked me out, and then got me in the dog house the next day.
    I had the same problem...hahaha
    www.millenniumsport.net

15. Get X-Dream !

Check the studies out on 2-Bromomelatonin

Also, IBE put very precise ratio dosages of each ingredient in X-Dream so that it has the proper synergy with the supplement profile.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

16. Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    Muscle Pharm Bullet Proof.. Go get it

412 Grams Orange Raspberry
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size1Scoop(19g)
    Servings Per Container22

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 48
    Calories From Fat 0g 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 2g <1%
    Sugars 1g *%
    Calcium 200mg 20%
    Potassium 91mg 3%
    Phosphorus (Dicalcium Phosphate) 90mg 9%
    Protein 10g 20%
    ZMA BLEND

Zinc (As Monomethione & Asparate) 10mg 67%
    Magnesium (As Asparate) 148mg 37%
    Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%

Featuring Omegawave™

Bullet Proof™ Proprietary Blend 12,735mg **

HGH And Night Growth Matrix **
    L-Arginine HCL, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, 4-Amino-3 Phenylbutyric Acid (Phenibut), L-Phenylalanine, Macuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa), L-Tyrosine

Muscle Recovery Matrix **
    L-Glutamine HMB (Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutuyrate Monohydrate), Beta Alanine, Citruline Malate, Gingerols (From Ginger Root) 20%

Essential Amino Acid Blend: **
    L-Valine, L-Theronine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    ** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients:
    Sucralose, Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucrose, Guar Gum
    doesn;t calcium negate the effect of the zma? whys it in there?

17. Quote Originally Posted by BifWebster View Post
    doesn;t calcium negate the effect of the zma? whys it in there?
    Yep, especially since the elemental magnesium is lower than the elemental calcium.

Maltodextrin and sucrose shouldn't be in there either in my opinion.

18. Maltodextrin and sucrose shouldn't be in there either in my opinion.
    Second that opinion.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sleep Supps
    By Fenway in forum Supplements
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
  3. Replies: 150
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 04:19 AM
  4. Sleep... Just how important is it?