Shift nutrients towards muscle cells and away from fat cells with CLA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Exclamation Shift nutrients towards muscle cells and away from fat cells with CLA


    CLA softgels
    Conjugated linoleic acid




    AM Members,

    We are proud to announce our new CLA softgels.

    CLA has the unique ability to create a leaner body by reducing fat storage and increasing protein retention to support lean muscle growth. CLA does this by reducing the action of GLUT-4 (insulin-responsive glucose transporter) in adipose tissue, and increasing its action in muscle tissue. This shifts glycogen storage towards muscle growth rather than fat storage. (1,5,6)

    In a normal diet, we get small amounts of CLA through dairy and meat, but since most modern foods are depleted of CLA, it’s necessary to supplement with CLA to get the optimal amount for fat loss.

    Our recommend dose of CLA softgels (4 per day) contains a clinically proven dose of CLA (3.4 grams).

    In one study, men and women who took 3.4 g/day of CLA lost 4 lbs of fat over a 12 week period, while the placebo group gained 3 lbs of fat. (2) CLA has also demonstrated the ability to target fat loss in “problem areas” dependent upon the sex. For instance, men who took 4.2 g/day of CLA for 4 weeks had significant reductions of fat from the abdominal region. (3) Another study with overweight women showed a significant and targeted reduction of fat tissue around the thighs. (4)

    CLA has been shown to provide these benefits without any side effects after long-term use and is safe for both men and women.


    Get CLA softgels now, directly from Primordial Performance[/B]

    Yours in health & fitness,

    Eric Potratz
    Primordial Founder & President

    Questions?

    Phone – 1-800-568-2924
    Email - [email protected]
    Visit - Primordial Performance



    References -

    1. Conjugated linoleic acid and obesity control: efficacy and mechanisms.
    YW Wang and PJ Jones
    Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord, August 1, 2004; 28(8): 941-55.

    2. Conjugated Linoleic Acid Reduces Body Fat Mass in Overweight and Obese Humans
    Henrietta Blankson, et al.
    J. Nutr., Dec 2000; 130: 2943 – 2948

    3. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduced abdominal adipose tissue in obese middle-aged men with signs of the metabolic syndrome: a randomised controlled trial.
    U Riserus, et al.
    Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord, Aug 2001; 25(8): 1129-3

    4. Six months supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid induces regional-specific fat mass decreases in overweight and obese.
    Gaullier JM et al.
    Br J Nutr. 2007 Mar;97(3):550-60

    5. Glucose transport: pivotal step in insulin action.
    Kahn BB. Lilly lecture.
    Diabetes 1996; 45: 1644–1654.

    6. The effect of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation after weight loss on body weight regain, body composition, and resting metabolic rate in overweight subjects.
    MM Kamphuis, et al.
    Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord, July 1, 2003; 27(7): 840-7.


  2. Is it actually possible to decrease the number of fat cells. I think we had discussed this previously but I forget the exact outcome.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Is it actually possible to decrease the number of fat cells. I think we had discussed this previously but I forget the exact outcome.
    Yes, it was proposed that the up-regulation of TNF-a caused the apoptosis of fat cells in rats, which was shown to also influence human fat cells in-vitro. You probably won’t ever see an in-vivo study examining CLA and fat cell apoptosis in humans though. [unless the researchers perform liposuction on the subjects to examine DNA fragmentation]

    -Eric

  4. There is some good discussion of CLA in this thread here -

    Kill fat cells & prevent fat storage with CLA ethyl ester!

    (our old liquid CLA ethyl ester)

    -Eric

  5. Im curious what has your research shown re: decrease in adipose tissue particularity in abdominal area in men (not a shock since that is the primary area for fat storage in males) yet a dramatic increase in fatty deposits on the liver ultimately leading to insulin resistance -which is known to be a bad thing obviously (trademark of type 2 diabetes?). Anything on that ? Do you have any research or just borrowed info from other sources that NEVER explored the full physiological ramifications to cla supplementation. That is all i see in your references.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    Im curious what has your research shown re: decrease in adipose tissue particularity in abdominal area in men (not a shock since that is the primary area for fat storage in males) yet a dramatic increase in fatty deposits on the liver ultimately leading to insulin resistance -which is known to be a bad thing obviously (trademark of type 2 diabetes?). Anything on that ? Do you have any research or just borrowed info from other sources that NEVER explored the full physiological ramifications to cla supplementation. That is all i see in your references.
    Ive debunked some of the CLA mis-understandings in this thread (including the insulin resistance) -

    The Complete 8 week Fat Loss Stack

    You will have to link me to a data supporting the "dramatic increase in fatty deposits on the liver" comment. Ive never seen this side effect reported in humans at the normally recommended dose.

    Here is the abstract on the abdominal area fat reduction -

    BACKGROUND: Abdominal obesity is strongly related to metabolic disorders. Recent research suggests that dietary conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduces body fat and may improve metabolic variables in animals. The metabolic effects of CLA in abdominally obese humans have not yet been tested. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the short-term effect of CLA on abdominal fat and cardiovascular risk factors in middle-aged men with metabolic disorders. METHODS: Twenty-five abdominally obese men (waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), 1.05+/-0.05; body mass index (BMI), 32+/-2.7 kg/m(2) (mean+/-s.d.)) who were between 39 and 64-y-old participated in a double-blind randomised controlled trial for 4 weeks. Fourteen men received 4.2 g CLA/day and 10 men received a placebo. The main endpoints were differences between the two groups in sagittal abdominal diameter (SAD), serum cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein, high-density lipoprotein, triglycerides, free fatty acids, glucose and insulin. RESULTS: At baseline, there were no significant differences between groups in anthropometric or metabolic variables. After 4 weeks there was a significant decrease in SAD (cm) in the CLA group compared to placebo (P=0.04, 95% CI; -1.12, -0.02). Other measurements of anthropometry or metabolism showed no significant differences between the groups. CONCLUSIONS: These results indicate that CLA supplementation for 4 weeks in obese men with the metabolic syndrome may decrease abdominal fat, without concomitant effects on overall obesity or other cardiovascular risk factors. Because of the limited sample size, the effects of CLA in abdominal obesity need to be further investigated in larger trials with longer duration.

    -Eric

  7. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    Im curious what has your research shown re: decrease in adipose tissue particularity in abdominal area in men (not a shock since that is the primary area for fat storage in males) yet a dramatic increase in fatty deposits on the liver ultimately leading to insulin resistance -which is known to be a bad thing obviously (trademark of type 2 diabetes?). Anything on that ? Do you have any research or just borrowed info from other sources that NEVER explored the full physiological ramifications to cla supplementation. That is all i see in your references.
    Here we go again...

    I serioulsy hope you're not trying to imply what i think you are here, steve. I'm VERY interested to read the studies that support something significant in what you've claimed.

    Let's further note the potential causes/risk factors of a "Fatty Liver" while we're at it, shall we? They include: Alcohol (by far the most common), Obesity, Malnutrition, Diabetes mellitus (or pre-diabetes related insulin resistance factors), Corticosteroids, Poisons (carbon tetrachloride and yellow phosphorus), Cushing's syndrome, and Hyperlipidemia (elevated cholesterol.)

    Shall we dive into the etiology of Diabetes as well to demonstrate a broad spectrum understanding for all our viewers?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  8. When you say new softgels, what exactly was the upgrade? I've got a large stash of some purchased a few months back but it seems similar except mine are black not the yellow ones pictured.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    When you say new softgels, what exactly was the upgrade? I've got a large stash of some purchased a few months back but it seems similar except mine are black not the yellow ones pictured.
    We changed to free fatty acids instead of ethyl ester.. not much difference really, but no need for the ethyl ester since its not a liquid oral anymore.

    -Eric

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    We changed to free fatty acids instead of ethyl ester.. not much difference really, but no need for the ethyl ester since its not a liquid oral anymore.

    -Eric
    Roger that. I was confused because the supplement facts on the CLA page still lists the Ethyl Ester. Update time?
    CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid Ethyl Ester)

    2000mg

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Roger that. I was confused because the supplement facts on the CLA page still lists the Ethyl Ester. Update time?
    yeah... our website always lags behind our production over here... damn techs...

    -Eric

  12. pretty stoked to see that the product is not outrageously priced. definately see no reason why i wouldn't order 2 or 3 packs to run the 8gelcaps a day. need to help lean up my current bulk. first things first... find a summer job. damn my broke college student status

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Here we go again...

    I serioulsy hope you're not trying to imply what i think you are here, steve. I'm VERY interested to read the studies that support something significant in what you've claimed.

    Let's further note the potential causes/risk factors of a "Fatty Liver" while we're at it, shall we? They include: Alcohol (by far the most common), Obesity, Malnutrition, Diabetes mellitus (or pre-diabetes related insulin resistance factors), Corticosteroids, Poisons (carbon tetrachloride and yellow phosphorus), Cushing's syndrome, and Hyperlipidemia (elevated cholesterol.)

    dont forget overly high CHO diet, too much fructose/HFCS
    Shall we dive into the etiology of Diabetes as well to demonstrate a broad spectrum understanding for all our viewers?
    and y not dive into the etiology of diabetes, i consider myself pretty well rounded in it in terms of the metabolic fate of the nutrients in specific tissues....

    lets do itt!!!! haha

    CLA looks promising, i personally havent tryed any yet.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth1 View Post
    pretty stoked to see that the product is not outrageously priced. definately see no reason why i wouldn't order 2 or 3 packs to run the 8gelcaps a day. need to help lean up my current bulk. first things first... find a summer job. damn my broke college student status
    Man i remember those day, lol.

    Stick with it though, bud. It's worth every penny in the end; although being broke does really suck in the short-term...

    Our CLA is definitely a very cost-effective addition to a fat loss stack.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  15. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    and y not dive into the etiology of diabetes, i consider myself pretty well rounded in it in terms of the metabolic fate of the nutrients in specific tissues....

    lets do itt!!!! haha
    Oh geez... not in this thread....

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Oh geez... not in this thread....

  17. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    and y not dive into the etiology of diabetes, i consider myself pretty well rounded in it in terms of the metabolic fate of the nutrients in specific tissues....

    lets do itt!!!! haha

    CLA looks promising, i personally havent tryed any yet.
    Lol - That was just me being a bit sarcastic.

    We're trying to keep this thread on the focal topic, but maybe we can do that in a different section?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  18. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Oh geez... not in this thread....
    haha just playin the game!

    products promising i may pick it up for the last couple weeks of my cut

  19. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    haha just playin the game!

    products promising i may pick it up for the last couple weeks of my cut
    Its a great product to run during a bulk too... to help partition those calories away from fat loss and towards muscle gain.

    -Eric

  20. Ill see how my cash flow is the next couple weeks. Ill run it through pct. I got 7 weeks left then pct maybe ill run it the last 4 weeks we shall see as long as weekend weather is good ill get paid

  21. Would there be any reason to not run CLA year-round?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    Would there be any reason to not run CLA year-round?
    No problem with that. Id also suggest running some omega-3's with it though to help balance your fatty acid profile.

    -Eric

  23. That's not a problem. I get plenty of omega-3's.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek View Post
    That's not a problem. I get plenty of omega-3's.
    Good... my favorite is code liver oil.

    -Eric

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Good... my favorite is code liver oil.

    -Eric
    Hopefully flavoured with lemon/orange or you've got some weird taste buds

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Ive debunked some of the CLA mis-understandings in this thread (including the insulin resistance) -

    The Complete 8 week Fat Loss Stack

    You will have to link me to a data supporting the "dramatic increase in fatty deposits on the liver" comment. Ive never seen this side effect reported in humans at the normally recommended dose.

    Here is the abstract on the abdominal area fat reduction -

    BACKGROUND: Abdominal obesity is strongly related to metabolic disorders. Recent research suggests that dietary conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduces body fat and may improve metabolic variables in animals. The metabolic effects of CLA in abdominally obese humans have not yet been tested. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the short-term effect of CLA on abdominal fat and cardiovascular risk factors in middle-aged men with metabolic disorders. METHODS: Twenty-five abdominally obese men (waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), 1.05+/-0.05; body mass index (BMI), 32+/-2.7 kg/m(2) (mean+/-s.d.)) who were between 39 and 64-y-old participated in a double-blind randomised controlled trial for 4 weeks. Fourteen men received 4.2 g CLA/day and 10 men received a placebo. The main endpoints were differences between the two groups in sagittal abdominal diameter (SAD), serum cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein, high-density lipoprotein, triglycerides, free fatty acids, glucose and insulin. RESULTS: At baseline, there were no significant differences between groups in anthropometric or metabolic variables. After 4 weeks there was a significant decrease in SAD (cm) in the CLA group compared to placebo (P=0.04, 95% CI; -1.12, -0.02). Other measurements of anthropometry or metabolism showed no significant differences between the groups. CONCLUSIONS: These results indicate that CLA supplementation for 4 weeks in obese men with the metabolic syndrome may decrease abdominal fat, without concomitant effects on overall obesity or other cardiovascular risk factors. Because of the limited sample size, the effects of CLA in abdominal obesity need to be further investigated in larger trials with longer duration.

    -Eric
    Who said anything about a study? I simply asked a question ...care to answer it ...your implied answer is no. Actually i asked a couple...you never directly answered any.
    You said there are no human studies...does that mean you have seen studies in some animals or something along the lines of the question i asked?

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Here we go again...

    I serioulsy hope you're not trying to imply what i think you are here, steve. I'm VERY interested to read the studies that support something significant in what you've claimed.

    Let's further note the potential causes/risk factors of a "Fatty Liver" while we're at it, shall we? They include: Alcohol (by far the most common), Obesity, Malnutrition, Diabetes mellitus (or pre-diabetes related insulin resistance factors), Corticosteroids, Poisons (carbon tetrachloride and yellow phosphorus), Cushing's syndrome, and Hyperlipidemia (elevated cholesterol.)

    Shall we dive into the etiology of Diabetes as well to demonstrate a broad spectrum understanding for all our viewers?


    *L* ok mr trauma nurse , not sure wh y u felt the need to go into yuor little dissertation re: risk factors of "fatty liver ...but i hope it made you feel good doing so .
    Now that you have explained several factors that have NOTHING to do with the questions i asked...maybe we can get back on topic. I asked a couple direct questions. How about a couple straight answers ?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    *L* ok mr trauma nurse , not sure wh y u felt the need to go into yuor little dissertation re: risk factors of "fatty liver ...but i hope it made you feel good doing so .
    Now that you have explained several factors that have NOTHING to do with the questions i asked...maybe we can get back on topic. I asked a couple direct questions. How about a couple straight answers ?
    You stated this, steve:

    Im curious what has your research shown re: decrease in adipose tissue particularity in abdominal area in men (not a shock since that is the primary area for fat storage in males) yet a dramatic increase in fatty deposits on the liver ultimately leading to insulin resistance -which is known to be a bad thing obviously (trademark of type 2 diabetes?).
    You're implying that this is a fact based on your statement here; so where's the documentatin that confirms your claims steve? You're always quick to want the "studies" for confirmation, so let's see them, buddy?

    Well steve-o, it's hard to discern what you consider a question amongst the many confabulations that are offered. What i posted very much was appropriate. You casually left out quite a bit concerning the etiology of a "fatty liver", so i filled in those gaps for you, buddy. I'm sooo glad you enjoyed it!

    You're asking a "question" here when there is "question" itself in your professed claim. Do you honestly not see that?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  29. ^^^ *L* yet agin no straight answer of course. I asked about yuor studies. You do have studies right? i mean can u just answer ..not spout off useless knowledge about "fatty liver" ..answer the 2 questions. You should be intelligent enough to discern them...maybe eric is...ill wait for him ....

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Good... my favorite is code liver oil.

    -Eric
    Why cod liver?

    Someone should make an Omega/CLA blend with a better formula than GNC's or Abdominal Cuts. Seems like a simple two to one ratio of CLA to EPA/DHA would be a good starting point.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 01:30 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 07:03 AM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Log in
Log in