Vat Attack! By USPowders, Get Super Lean for Super Cheap! Write up and Q&A

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    Do you have any studies showing Arabica extract lowers cortisol? I went crazy searching for evidence for my work that coffee extracts inhibit 11-b. I found that they inhibit glucose-6-phosphatase, which is effective for controlling blood sugar and thus fat loss, but nothing on cortisol control.

http://www.svetol.com/upload/coffee-..._on_G6Pase.pdf

What's interesting about this is people that have natural defeciencies in glucose-6-phosphatase suffer from higher cortisol levels because they body is breaking down muscle for other fuel sources. Not to say the extract does the same thing, but I wouldn't expect to lower it.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/119184-overview

I was under the impression that the (2-(4-(beta-D-Gluco-pyranosyloxy) phenyl)-5-hydroxy-6, 7-dimethoxy-4H-1 -benzopyran-4-one was actually the source of cortisol control in Recreate, because I was pretty sure it was polymethoxylated flavones, like citricoma, which is an 11-b inhibitor.

http://www.hpingredients.com/citricoma.htm

If you do have a study showing Arabica as an 11-b inhibitor, it would really help me out.

Thanks
    Well we have access to research not common to the google or pubmed search.

[6] Walker BR. Extra-adrenal regeneration of glucocorticoids by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1: physiological regulator and pharmacological target for energy partitioning. Proc Nutr Soc. 2007 Feb;66(1):1-8

2. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Well we have access to research not common to the google or pubmed search.

[6] Walker BR. Extra-adrenal regeneration of glucocorticoids by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1: physiological regulator and pharmacological target for energy partitioning. Proc Nutr Soc. 2007 Feb;66(1):1-8
    Wicked. Thanks boss.

Edit: maybe you have access to part of it I don't, but from what I see that study had nothing to do with Coffee extracts.
    •   

3. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    Wicked. Thanks boss.

Edit: maybe you have access to part of it I don't, but from what I see that study had nothing to do with Coffee extracts.
    [4] Atanasov AG, Dzyakanchuk AA, Schweizer RA, et al. Coffee inhibits the reactivation of glucocorticoids by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1: a glucocorticoid connection in the anti-diabetic action of coffee? FEBS Lett. 2006 Jul 24;580(17):4081-5.

oops

4. haha. Thanks, that's much better.

5. Ordered mine yesterday!!! Does anyone know the best way to take this? Will it dissolve well in juice? In the past I have had some powders that haven't dissolved well and ended up just coating the inside of the glass.
    •   

6. 11▀-HSD has other actions in the body than just making cortisol from cortisone.
    by lowering 11▀-HSD wont u be lowering test ability to convert to other anabolic hormones because of a lack of 11▀-HSD?

7. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    11▀-HSD has other actions in the body than just making cortisol from cortisone.
    by lowering 11▀-HSD wont u be lowering test ability to convert to other anabolic hormones because of a lack of 11▀-HSD?
    We are talking about the specific modulation of 11▀-HSD1, not 11▀-HSD2, and not both isoforms. Cortisol, by the way, inhibits steroidogenic enzymes and key proteins involved in testosterone biosynthesis in Leydig cells. However, 11▀-HSD2 is crucial for the reduction of intracellular cortisol levels in Leydig cells, such that 11▀-HSD2 inhibition would induce undesirable effects on testosterone synthesis. As it turns out, our extract does not disrupt testosterone synthesis, as it selectively inhibits 11▀-HSD1, not 11▀-HSD2.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersĺ opinion as a whole.

8. Interesting review on 11B-HSD1 inhibition and the metabolic syndrome PMID: 18230901

9. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Interesting review on 11B-HSD1 inhibition and the metabolic syndrome PMID: 18230901
    So if I read the study right, noting that it is on rats not on humans, then for obese people on high fat diets, inhibiting the 11beta -HSD1 would be benefical as it was actually proven to reduce fat while the rodents were on the high fat diet.

Doesn't this study confirm what Jacob and Ike have been saying, it helps destroy visceral fat, where the most 11b-hsd1 enzyme is located?

even moreso, the study says that inhibiting the 11beta -HSD1 enzyme in people who are naturally obese helps them overcome the naturally or dare I say it genetic fat... making a product that inhibits 11beta -HSD1 even better for endomorphs.

my question after reading this is whether VAT ATTACK would work better on a ckd type diet or a regular 40/40/20 macro diet? since the study notes that inhibiting the enzyme worked dramatically for rats and hopefully people on a high fat diet, like ckd.

What do you think?

10. [QUOTE=strategicmove;1992518]We are talking about the specific modulation of 11▀-HSD1, not 11▀-HSD2, and not both isoforms. Cortisol, by the way, inhibits steroidogenic enzymes and key proteins involved in testosterone biosynthesis in Leydig cells. However, 11▀-HSD2 is crucial for the reduction of intracellular cortisol levels in Leydig cells, such that 11▀-HSD2 inhibition would induce undesirable effects on testosterone synthesis. As it turns out, our extract does not disrupt testosterone synthesis, as it selectively inhibits 11▀-HSD1, not 11▀-HSD2.[/QUOTE]

i just wanted some one to say that so ppl dont get confuzed
  11. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by benj851 View Post
    So if I read the study right, noting that it is on rats not on humans, then for obese people on high fat diets, inhibiting the 11beta -HSD1 would be benefical as it was actually proven to reduce fat while the rodents were on the high fat diet.

Doesn't this study confirm what Jacob and Ike have been saying, it helps destroy visceral fat, where the most 11b-hsd1 enzyme is located?

even moreso, the study says that inhibiting the 11beta -HSD1 enzyme in people who are naturally obese helps them overcome the naturally or dare I say it genetic fat... making a product that inhibits 11beta -HSD1 even better for endomorphs.

my question after reading this is whether VAT ATTACK would work better on a ckd type diet or a regular 40/40/20 macro diet? since the study notes that inhibiting the enzyme worked dramatically for rats and hopefully people on a high fat diet, like ckd.

What do you think?
    I run a modified CKD/carb diet that is working o so well!

12. Benj,
    It does help confirm what they are saying, which is why I posted it Without digging further, I'm not sure if the high-fat diet was higher calorically or not which needs to be considered. However CKD are effective for weight loss; I think you could use it with either one and be successful.

Also as you pointed out, most of the work has been done on mice or HEK cells. I believe VAT Attack purchasers will be some of the first consumers to take such a highly-concentrated coffee extract. Someone has got to be the guine pig though and it definitely sounds promising. I believe mullet mentioned we were getting close to human pre-clinical trials.

Q: Has VAT Attack been assayed for caffeine content?

13. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    i just wanted some one to say that so ppl dont get confuzed
    We tried to draw that distinction, in terms of the selective inhibition, in the write-up and Q&A.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersĺ opinion as a whole.

14. Again this should be very interesting. I did purchase one tub, so I am curious, I guess I am the rat. I'll start at the 3g a day dose and see what happens.

steveoph I value your consistent information. Thank you for your continued advice, and support on everything. props man.

interesting question to... after all one gram=40 or 100 shots of espresso. I believe I was put under the assumption that you reap the benefits of the coffee without the caffeine

15. Jacob answered the caffeine question here: New Special Powder by USPowders is???

he said in post one:
    USPLABS: A natural selective NONHORMONAL inhibitor of the enzyme 11-B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1.

50% coffee extract which is the equivalent to drinking about 100 expressos without the caffiene.

Who can name the hormonal inhibitior of the same enzyme?
  16. Guest

love how this has negative reviews already...I call these folks losers, haters and envious, but I love that they follow me every little foot step. We must be doing something right.

These dummies just do not understand they are only feeding our popularity.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/u...100-grams.html

17. ive gotta get more of the USPowders line after being beyond impressed with dominATP

Im thinkin about trying this, 3,4 diol and your cissus when i make my next order in a month or so
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  18. Guest

Its a shame really becasue the USPowder line in conjuction with Nutraplanet(who packages it and deserves as much credit) have agreed to sacrifice margins to give back to our community.

Two companies that will always remember thier community.

These companies should step up to the plate and offer similiar deals instead of attacking.

19. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Its a shame really becasue the USPowder line in conjuction with Nutraplanet(who packages it and deserves as much credit) have agreed to sacrifice margins to give back to our community.

Two companies that will always remember thier community.

These companies should step up to the plate and offer similiar deals instead of attacking.
    ah, i was wondering why the DominATP had the nutra bulk label, i assumed you two had a partnership, but wasnt sure.

anyway, your bulk products have amazing prices, i dont know how i never looked into the line until dATP came about, my interest is officially sparked
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!

20. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    anyway, your bulk products have amazing prices, i dont know how i never looked into the line until dATP came about, my interest is officially sparked
    Better late than never! Glad you like DominATP. It is solid value-for-money. Thanks for your support!

21. This is morally and ethically wrong! It beats me how anyone can leave a feedback, whether a positive or a negative, but especially a negative, for a product one never tried. It bothers on a deeply disturbed personality or even insanity.
  22. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    This is morally and ethically wrong! It beats me how anyone can leave a feedback, whether a positive or a negative, but especially a negative, for a product one never tried. It bothers on a deeply disturbed personality or even insanity.
    I hope they keep practicing this odd behavior!

You cannot grow a brand with that philosophy.

23. MOD EDIT: If you try and solicit your forum again or any other company here, you will be removed. First and last warning.

24. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    love how this has negative reviews already...I call these folks losers, haters and envious, but I love that they follow me every little foot step. We must be doing something right.

These dummies just do not understand they are only feeding our popularity.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/u...100-grams.html
    Hmm I just went over there to read the reviews but couldnt find them and upon randomly clicking around I think I just added a lowish rating lol. I'm sorry Not a very handy voting tool I must say

25. Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Hmm I just went over there to read the reviews but couldnt find them and upon randomly clicking around I think I just added a lowish rating lol. I'm sorry Not a very handy voting tool I must say
    I see no votes

Customer Reviews for Vat Attack (100 grams) by USPowders
    Write a review and share your thoughts with other customers.

- no reviews for this product. write a review and share your opinions with everyone -

26. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    I see no votes
    Rating, top right of the page. Voting is instant depending where you click on the the stars as I found out..

27. Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Rating, top right of the page...
    Yep. Nine already!

28. Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Rating, top right of the page. Voting is instant depending where you click on the the stars as I found out..
    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Yep. Nine already!
    well then, fucka the lengths some people will go to . . .

29. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    well then, fucka the lengths some people will go to . . .
    You have not idea... haha
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  30. Guest

lets get back on topic and answer some questions about Vat Attack! to help the end user utilize it best.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 09:00 AM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 05:26 PM
  3. Special: USPowders Bulk Super Cissus RX (100 grams)
    By David Dunn in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 12:56 PM