arachodonic acid

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
I used X factor a few years back and it was the best supplement I'd ever used. Then I read alot of concerns about safety...of what I recall, the argument against AA was that it promotes systemic inflammation and, because all disease is inflammation related, this can cause disease or accellerate a disease you may already have/is lying dormant.

But then I think I read that Molecular Nutrition did a study where it was shown that AA either didn't increase overall inflammation in the body or actually decreased it...I guess meaning it only has its pro-inflammatory effect in muscle/tendons/joints.

I may have that all wrong, but that's the best I can remember. I searched the forum and got very little on AA. I'm wondering if any consensus has been reached on the overall safety of using AA. Anybody have any information?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
all the studies that i have read (might have missed a few) show AA to only cause serious side effects when highly dosed (1gram or more) for very long periods of time (as in 2 years)... other than that i think its a great addition to any recomp cycle...

UKStrength

all the studies that i have read (might have missed a few) show AA to only cause serious side effects when highly dosed (1gram or more) for very long periods of time (as in 2 years)... other than that i think its a great addition to any recomp cycle...
Yep ^^^ X-factor is all good :)