Green tea powder

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
fat loss... and for the antioxidant abilities. mainly fat loss.

vladimirb68

Awards
1g 3 times a day would be a good place to start for someone your size. I like taking it 15 min before meals.

Heavy Weight

Awards
Im also huge green tea user(drinkin some right now) I still like to brew myself and am particular to a few brands only. I have noticed a slight weight loss when i first got hooked on it, as with anything start low and try more as your body gets better at absorbing it. I have read somewhere that you can intake alot of green tea. Alot of small people in China drink 6-10 cups a day! Thats insane ! I would be up for 24 hours with all the caffeine !

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem man, I was hoping I could get that to you in time before you made the decision to buy it.

Unless anyone can prove otherwise I am staying away from Green Tea.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No problem man, I was hoping I could get that to you in time before you made the decision to buy it.

Unless anyone can prove otherwise I am staying away from Green Tea.
Prove otherwise you say.... There are countless of studies proving the positive benefits of Green Tea time and time again. Also these studies make GTE one of the safer Be careful not to overextrapolate from those results without realizing what the equivalent dosage in humans would be. 1g per day would probably be enough of a dose for GTE to reap the benefits, which definitely outweigh any potential downside, IMO.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Its EGCG that your after from green tea and it depends how much your extract has of that stuff. Its a mixed bag because EGCG inhibits some nasty stuff as well thats going on in the blood stream.

Whether ECGC can get to the testes and start affecting testosterone production is another matter entirely. The study here was just in vitro - sure if the reactions were taking place in the blood stream - fine.

Anyway I'll be using EGCG transdermal patch 'cause its small enough to get through the skin. If testo plummets (like suddenly I don't need to shave for a week) I'll let you know. Hmm... nice way to test it actually ..
1. Don't shave for a week - measure beard.
2. Shave. Take green tea for a few months.
3. Don't shave for a week -- any beard??

Somehow China got to a billion population - so green tea can't cause infertility.

Oh I better mention I'm not taking EGCG to burn fat - I've got this idea for a stack and want to see if it works.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Prove otherwise you say.... There are countless of studies proving the positive benefits of Green Tea time and time again. Also these studies make GTE one of the safer Be careful not to overextrapolate from those results without realizing what the equivalent dosage in humans would be. 1g per day would probably be enough of a dose for GTE to reap the benefits, which definitely outweigh any potential downside, IMO.
i am not gonna say it doesnt have positive side effects, but if it has a negative effect on TEST i dont wanna take it. there are other herbs and fruits other there that have good positive benefits similar to green tea. And you know people dont cap off at 1g. People megadose on Green tea. Not everyone but most I know.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Well I guess the fact that it is always sold out on np means that many people like it. 1g a day got it, and will give it a whirl.

see how often you have to shave! great way to measure...lol

Heavy Weight

Awards
Thats an interesting article and maybe thats why so many small live in China. No but seriously i think green tea is great for you in smaller doses, maybe a cup or two a day. I have been kicking around the idea of taking it in supplement form but i like the taste of the real stuff to much. I do take an antioxidant from Top Form Supplements that has green tea extract, but only a small dose.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Okay been taking TD and caps for a while now and beard gains are pretty dramatic. Like I can't go one day without shaving. So far the idea green tea stops test doesn't hold IMO.

New green tea program starting, so I'll be carefully watching the stumble!

Its EGCG that your after from green tea and it depends how much your extract has of that stuff. Its a mixed bag because EGCG inhibits some nasty stuff as well thats going on in the blood stream.

Whether ECGC can get to the testes and start affecting testosterone production is another matter entirely. The study here was just in vitro - sure if the reactions were taking place in the blood stream - fine.

Anyway I'll be using EGCG transdermal patch 'cause its small enough to get through the skin. If testo plummets (like suddenly I don't need to shave for a week) I'll let you know. Hmm... nice way to test it actually ..
1. Don't shave for a week - measure beard.
2. Shave. Take green tea for a few months.
3. Don't shave for a week -- any beard??

Somehow China got to a billion population - so green tea can't cause infertility.

Oh I better mention I'm not taking EGCG to burn fat - I've got this idea for a stack and want to see if it works.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay been taking TD and caps for a while now and beard gains are pretty dramatic. Like I can't go one day without shaving. So far the idea green tea stops test doesn't hold IMO.

New green tea program starting, so I'll be carefully watching the stumble!
It was just a study, but I am not gonna risk it. Perhaps your beard growing could be due to other variables? I don't see a reason why Green Tea would make your beard grow faster? Any thoughts?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
;)

Test production is thought to be linked with beard growth. Famously an anonymous scientist wrote to the journal Nature with the observation that since he'd been in isolation on a scientific study (away from women) his beard just didn't grow.

The idea (in fun) was that if green tea stopped test then my green tea program would stop my beard growing.

I didn't find it and right now test load is pretty high. Its just high protein, work out, great feeling, good sleep and heaps of supplements are keeping me in good shape.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ah I thought meant that GT was directly linked to your beard growth.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Personally I can't wait to see the results!

login211

Awards
matthias7 how much grean tea are you taking in cap/powder form? i'm interested in the EGCG content...

also, i hope you're not saying the great tea is increasing your test levels, are you?

---

to the fools thinking that great tea is bad for you and/or your test levels, shame on you!

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I was using 3 x 750mg of green tea extract veg caps per day. I really didn't notice any difference.

At the moment I use 2 pots (5 cups per pot) of Chuen Mee (I think thats a typo) per day. I'm looking at different types of green tea both Chinese and Japanese. The exact type is likely to change. The caffeine content of green tea was traditionally supposed to be low (1/4 of black tea). The "green tea" thread contains details. I take it by filling my hydration system with it - i.e. its drunk at regular intervals across the day.

I am not saying that it increases test levels. However, I don't think it harms them but maybe this new approach will, although I doubt it.