Small Vitamin Suggestion

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone- Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good vitamin that is small that would be good for an athlete that puts in a lot of training. I have a daughter that is a competitive swimmer. Pretty much any vitamin that I've come across that is suggested for athletes is too big. I've split them in two, but she still complains. :dunno: Thanks.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
ever try a liquid vitamin?
Not up to speed on them, but I know they work for some.
Good luck!

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
lol...I feel your daughters pain here. I'm not much of a pill guy myself, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I see my grandfather take down like 6-7 pills at a time and I can't believe it.

The liquid vitamin idea may be a good way to go, just make sure you're getting a quality source.

You may also want to look into going to A,B,C,D, and E route. Plus maybe throwing in some other "support" vitamins or minerals. In my experience the individual pills are not as big as the "multi" pills, but you obviously have to take more.

Also, the texture of the pill may have alot to do with it. With ON Opti-Men multi-vitamin, although not huge (but very grainy), can be a pain in the arse for me sometimes, while a capsule (such as ADAM) gives me no problems whatsoever. I find that capsules, gel capsules, and enterically coated pills are MUCH easier to get down. Food for thought, good luck!

steveoshs

Awards
I find I find the gnc ones ok but what do I know.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MST's MVP multi is something to look at as well.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Similar to what drivehard said, I was also going to recommend powders...not sure what vitamins come in powder form however...