IGF-2 and Geranium = lose weight?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Last week I got my new shipment in from Nutraplanet. Started a bottle of IGF-2 (4 caps twice daily as directed) and 1 cap of Geranium PreWO ONLY. No change in diet, other supplements (multi, yohimbine, creatine, whey) or anything...in fact, I would say my calories are probably up about 200 to 300 per day. The trouble is...

I have dropped 7 pounds in 7 days!!!

I feel great, and strong! My cardio is right at the same level. My lifts are all at the same level, and I feel good and energetic in the gym. My weight has dropped from a steady 192 to 185. My water intake is also exactly the same. I weigh myself every morning at 4:45am when I wake up, same spot, same scale, same everything. I have noticed about a pound a day decrease every day. What gives?!?!?!

I feel like I look smaller when I look in the mirror, and no noticeable loss of fat. I think I was sitting about 9 to 10% bf...so I don't have much to lose anyways.

Any thoughts would be great! Should I keep it up, or drop them both and see if it comes back?

Crap...I forgot to add one thing. I also added NOS Ether level 1 - 2 scoops PreWO as well.

Thanks!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IGF-2 is a great recomp product. I notice that when using it, regardless of my energy intake, I still lean up a little.

I would say your experience has mroe to do with the addition of Geranium though.

Geranium is a strong stimulant that works similar to ephedra, but through different pathways. It also has diuretic properties. If nothing else has changed then I would say that you're losing [predominantly] water and fat weight.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I drink 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. I only take the geranium in the morning PreWO, and after I weigh myself, so I would think it would have little effect on my water weight...but I'll look into it.

I also have been drinking green tea instead of water...is green tea drying me out? My throat feels dry no matter how much I drink. Today I have had 1 full gallon of green tea.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
thats alot of tea how much water are you getting on top of that?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I drink 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. I only take the geranium in the morning PreWO, and after I weigh myself, so I would think it would have little effect on my water weight...but I'll look into it.

I also have been drinking green tea instead of water...is green tea drying me out? My throat feels dry no matter how much I drink. Today I have had 1 full gallon of green tea.
Does't matter how much water you drink if you're using a diuretic product, as the more you drink, the more you have to lose. Whether you use it only preworkout or not is nto going to affect how it will work in your system.

Green tea shouldn't dry you out at all (and it's probably contributing some to the diuretic effect being experienced).

And if most of the 1.5-2 galleons of liquid that you consume a day is from tea (green tea or not), then that's not a good thing. You should be having at least 1 galleon of WATER daily.

UKStrength

If you've just started drinking that much tea then a mild diuresis could be partly the cause of the weight loss (if no body fat has been lost).

Until your body gets used to the caffeine in the tea you'll keep experiencing the diuresis, in which case I'd take Rosie's advice and increase your water intake.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 1
Supplements 3
Supplements 0