alternatives to creatine monohydrate (causes acne)

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
After 3 years of using creatine (3 months on, 1 off), I realized what the cause of my acne is -- creatine! I can't remember if it's all creatines or just mono, but for 2009 i've only been using monohydrate. i stopped mid-April and now -- ACNE GONE!
(not really acne, just like bumps on the face...like welts or something)

is there anything else that can replace this?
Trinitine? T-booster (i.e. how would t-booster @ 4 weeks compare with Sizeon @ 4 weeks)?
Anythng? Thanks

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I've heard really good things about Cre-02 for a creatine

for a t booster I have seen nothing but good results from Activate Xtreme, strength and size gains through the roof, but they could give you more acne though...

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
Thanks. ya t-boosters would cause acne but just wondering how 4 weeks of a creatine would compare to 4 weeks of a test booster in terms of results in the gym (assume clean diet)

hasn't CEE shown to be ineffective though? i thought Cr. monohydrate was the best and the one SizeOn uses (Cr. gluconate -- Cr pre-mixed/bonded with glucose) was very good as well... the rest = wishy washy? am i wrong? Cr Magnesium chelate is in CL's GREEN MAG i think...

used all of these and can't remember if they caused acne, but i know for sure the mono did...

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Comparing t-boosters to size on is like comparing apples to oranges bro. If the apples were really huge haha. but I've been on the AX stack (mass fx/hyperdrol x2) for 3 weeks now and my acne has actually gone down. I believe it has something to do with lower estrogen levels because my mom had really bad acne too until she got on birth control which lowered her estrogen and poof, acne was gone. Also the strength and size gains I've made in the past 3 weeks have been really noticeable and I'm loving it.

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
thanks for the quick responses y'all...i 'ppreciate it!

but one quick LOL = "my mom had acne til she got on BP..." THEN HOW ARE YOU POSTING???

i dunno what causes my acne, tbh. im no longer getting these bumps on my face, but still get whiteheads at 24! i got off accutane 1+ years ago after a 4 month run that went up to 80mg/day... still gettin' small zits though. gonna try RPNs stack (mudd + banish) soon. never used anything hormonal either!

but you guys know anything about OMEGA SPORTS trinitine?

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
hahaha she just took it for the acne for a while. thank god...

AND acutane blowwwsssss just thought I'd throw that in there

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
maybe you should look into something like glycobol or prime...

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
maybe you should look into something like glycobol or prime...
PRIME is too hardcore bro. dem chestnuts are stronger than DBol. lol

glycobol seems interesting...im gonna wait til reviews n stuff come out then give it another looksee. I like the concept of it

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
PRIME is too hardcore bro. dem chestnuts are stronger than DBol. lol

glycobol seems interesting...im gonna wait til reviews n stuff come out then give it another looksee. I like the concept of it
prime is too hardcore?? you MUST be confused with something else. prime by usplabs is just a non hormonal, "muscle pill"

and there are a couple really good glycobol logs going on right now. check them out...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After 3 years of using creatine (3 months on, 1 off), I realized what the cause of my acne is -- creatine! I can't remember if it's all creatines or just mono, but for 2009 i've only been using monohydrate. i stopped mid-April and now -- ACNE GONE!
(not really acne, just like bumps on the face...like welts or something)

is there anything else that can replace this?
Trinitine? T-booster (i.e. how would t-booster @ 4 weeks compare with Sizeon @ 4 weeks)?
Anythng? Thanks
Hmmm, coincidence maybe? Because creatine does NOT cause acne. Nor can you "replace" creatine with another product, least of all a testosterone booster; they work completely DIFFERENTLY.

You need to do some serious research into different supplements, how they work in the body, their uses, and possible effects.

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
i understand the underlying physiology of creatine/creatine kinase and its function.
however a side effect for me is this weird, inflamed nodules acne sorta thing...

I know how t-boosters work. i know it's different. however it can also help for short term muscle strength gains, as does creatine ...

why are you so confident that it is not the reason for my acne? i know there's no pubmed study to support this, but there is anecdotal evidence...

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
lol if u think creatine gave u bad acne wait till u get on a qulity test booster like DTHC
btw creatine dose not cause acne nor was it ever a side reportd with creatine use

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
lol if u think creatine gave u bad acne wait till u get on a qulity test booster like DTHC
btw creatine dose not cause acne nor was it ever a side reportd with creatine use
Agreed,

if u already have an underlying case of moderate/severe acne it is just a coincidence... Through what pathway could creatine even possibly potentiate acne nodules... i cant think of any (strategicmove is a genius and if he cant think of one either then ur wrong so pm him)... if creatine does cause ur acne then that would also mean u cannot eat beef since beef contains roughly 2grams of creatine per pound... so does beef cause ur acne as well... or maybe its the complex carbs that cause ur acne... or even better lets blame it on protein in general...:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just to comment on acne as I have been dealing with it to some degree all my life. There are many things that shouldn't cause acne, but honestly do for some people. People say food does not cause it, but if I eat chocolate, i can guarantee a breakout within 2 days. It would not surprise me if creatine caused a break out.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Just to comment on acne as I have been dealing with it to some degree all my life. There are many things that shouldn't cause acne, but honestly do for some people. People say food does not cause it, but if I eat chocolate, i can guarantee a breakout within 2 days. It would not surprise me if creatine caused a break out.
If it would cause acne in one person who is prone to it then more than likely it will also cause acne in a few other people... i have horrible acne ive done 5 different runs with accutane... and creatine has NEVER caused any problems...

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats interesting that you mentioned this, my wife had been dipping into my jacked and shock therapy every once in a while and she had been getting some nasty acne.

now that I think of it, she hasnt used my stuff in months and her face is clear as day...

you might be on to something, repped!

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, coincidence maybe? Because creatine does NOT cause acne. Nor can you "replace" creatine with another product, least of all a testosterone booster; they work completely DIFFERENTLY.

You need to do some serious research into different supplements, how they work in the body, their uses, and possible effects.
She knows everything, I love this rep

Anyway best creatine out right now is Trinitine by Omega Sports, Con-Cret by ProMera Health or if you wanted to try a CEE product you could try our brand CEE by Ironmag labs

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
very true. everyone is different and if he says it gives him acne, who are you to say it doesn't just because it's not a "proven" side effect. besides the title of this thread was not "does creatine mono cause acne??" it was "alternatives to creatine mono" so give him some alternatives...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i understand the underlying physiology of creatine/creatine kinase and its function.
however a side effect for me is this weird, inflamed nodules acne sorta thing...

I know how t-boosters work. i know it's different. however it can also help for short term muscle strength gains, as does creatine ...

why are you so confident that it is not the reason for my acne? i know there's no pubmed study to support this, but there is anecdotal evidence...
If you understand the underlying physiology and mechanics of creatine, then you will understand why I made my statement.

And if you have issues with acne, then using a testosterone booster is NOT going to make it go away. If anything, by increasing testosterone levels in your body, then you WILL get acne as a side.

Creatine does not DIRECTLY work at increasing muscle mass and strength (this is a common misconception). Testosterone boosters will help increase muscle mass and strength yes, but NOT through the same way that creatine would (playing with your hormones is NOT the same as taking something to help with energy!), and unless the testosterone increase was an increase in FREE testosterone (since Free testosterone is the only testosterone in your body that can be utilized), then they may not.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
If you understand the underlying physiology and mechanics of creatine, then you will understand why I made my statement.

And if you have issues with acne, then using a testosterone booster is NOT going to make it go away. If anything, by increasing testosterone levels in your body, then you WILL get acne as a side.

Creatine does not DIRECTLY work at increasing muscle mass and strength (this is a common misconception). Testosterone boosters will help increase muscle mass and strength yes, but NOT through the same way that creatine would (playing with your hormones is NOT the same as taking something to help with energy!), and unless the testosterone increase was an increase in FREE testosterone (since Free testosterone is the only testosterone in your body that can be utilized), then they may not.
I completely understand why you made that comment and it's very true. Creatine has not been proven to cause acne, but who's to say it did not further affect his condition or irritate it? No matter what you or anyone says he has apparently already proven to himself that creatine might have something to do with his acne. If it were me I wouldn't care what anyone said on this website and probably stop creatine products altogether and move on to something else because it's just not worth it.

Also increased levels of testosterone in your body have the common side effect of acne in some users: true. But it does not in EVERY user. I took a mild natty t-booster (mass fx/hx2) and my acne disappeared. Cause or coincidence? I don't know but everyone is different and IF he decided to try something like that with virtually no side effects and did get a little breakout he can just quit it altogether and lose a little money.

spickidy

Awards
Many people start breaking out again between 6 months to a year after taking Accutane. It might be the amount of time you have been off of Accutane. Also a lot of people who have had moderate to severe acne seem to break out from a lot of simple sugars and if you take a lot of Dextrose with your creatine then this may be the culprit. Maybe find a creatine that does not need a lot of sugar to be transported.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Creatine does indeed cause acne in certain individuals.I am one of them.It is a misconception that only hormonal based products cause acne.
Addressing the OP`s question,I have found beta-alanine to be a good substitute for creatine.
Also,I have had much more success with MST Cre-02 in regards to creatine related side effects.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
try beta alanine.

it works on a similar pathway as creatine and has been reported to work as well or even better than creatine.

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
beta alanine increase cellular carnosine levels (intracellular buffer) so its better for endurance, not strength necessarily

what happened to my reps??? i was at 6900+ this morning...

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
many people take about 5 g a day. whether its 1 gram 5X a day or 5 grams pre workout or 2.5 g preworkout/ 2.5 grams post workout. I would experiment and see what works best for you. once more research comes out there might be an ideal time to dose it and an ideal amount to take per day. I know people are still researching to see if there is any toxicity levels associated with high beta alanine usage. I know in some studies it has been show to deplete taurine but i am sure that is only in extreme doses.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, their was a recent study, found somwhere on the Anabolicminds forum, saying that creatine MIGHT be able to increase DHT. This could be a pretty big deal for a person who's acne is easily aggrevated. This could likely affect a person who always has a pimple or two to deal with, even though they don't use any sort of test booster.