Supplement use to fight or neutralize "Swine Flu" - AnabolicMinds.com

Supplement use to fight or neutralize "Swine Flu"

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member

Lightbulb Supplement use to fight or neutralize "Swine Flu"

Hey guys, with this outbreak dominating the headlines, I wanted to get feedback on possible compounds or herbals to prevent or fight "Swine Flu" or other flu strains for that matter. It seems these strains of flu can turn deadly by causing hypercytokinemia or "cytokine storms".

I'll start. I found an interesting bit about Curcumin. It appears Curcumin is a potent inhibitor of NF-KappaB (which can raise TNF), as well as the MAPK (mitogen activated protein kinase) system,(particularly the MAPK p38 system) which plays a large role in creating a cytokine storm.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) has been shown to reduce the severity of the flu by neutralizing ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) created by these cytokine storms.

Please chime in with suggestions and/or studies!

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

oregano extract is proven to kill the flu virus, iirc, and i recall that olive leaf extract may do the same. i am on my phone, so i can't look it up easily right now.
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Gut Health, NAC, and a good quality full spectrum Anti-oxidant will all help.

Also keep your vitamin intake high.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.

For the immune system: AHCC and/or Stemenhance

Anti-Virals: Garlic, Colloidal Silver, Grapefruit Seed Extract (I think)

You can try taking 16 cloves of Garlic, 1 tablespoon of 20ppm Colloidal Silver and 3 capsules (or 45 drops) of Grapefruit Seed Extract each day. If that doesn't kill it then I don't know what will.
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
  6. Senior Member

The whole thing is so over-hyped. The flu is actually stated to be "mild" compared to other known strains. They make a big deal out of the deaths, but over 40k people die each year from "normal" influenza. The media is all about scare tactics. its actually quite sickening. Anyways, everything people have mentioned so far are in general good things to take.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post
    For the immune system: AHCC and/or Stemenhance

Anti-Virals: Garlic, Colloidal Silver, Grapefruit Seed Extract (I think)

You can try taking 16 cloves of Garlic, 1 tablespoon of 20ppm Colloidal Silver and 3 capsules (or 45 drops) of Grapefruit Seed Extract each day. If that doesn't kill it then I don't know what will.
    YOU take 16 cloves of garlic, friend. this is the flu, not a vampire invasion. lol
  8. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    YOU take 16 cloves of garlic, friend. this is the flu, not a vampire invasion. lol
    If YOU were a flu virus, would YOU get anywhere near him?

Swine flu? Perhaps not. Smell like a swine? Umm...yep
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

this is probably the most valuable

This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.

Well, it's cheaper than buying garlic supplements. Plus you'll stink so bad of garlic that you'll have the added benefit of keeping away vampires. I'm not sure about zombies though.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

swine flu eh! I'm good, i got my oinkment!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    They make a big deal out of the deaths, but over 40k people die each year from "normal" influenza.

The media is all about scare tactics.
    Yes, the first point is always missed in the hysteria.

Also, yes, it is about scare tactics. The flu isn't even really swine related, since you don't get it by eating pork. While the virus has some similarities to the influenza strain carried by pigs, it's actually a new mutation of avian, swine and human influenzas. It is transmitted from human-to-human - not pig-to-human. Yet careless public relations last week let the 'swine flu' moniker stick.
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post

How's the taste?
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    How's the taste?
    tangy
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.

Dude, anyone hear they think it is engineered to kill hispanics? Crazy stuff
  16. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.

Just keep taking immune boosters and anti oxidants, Reverse by IBE and GUT Health by RPN, and you should be good to go. The media does hype things way out of proportion, it's sickening.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.

vitamin c is very good at protecting cells from being infected.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

and there was me thinking my oinkment joke was funny
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    dude, that was classic!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post

LOL.

Cheers bud!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  21. New Member

Thumbs up

Great replies here guys! I do agree, the media has blown this up causing way too many unfounded fears. The majority of people (in the US) are recovering absolutely fine. But that's the media, what do you expect?

What does concern me is another mutation of the H5N1 Varient (Avian Flu). If this sucker evolves to be as communicable as the current "Swine Flu" or other common varients we could be in for some serious problems.. I think that this is the scenario, albeit worst case, that makes some of the info in this thread extremely useful!
  22. New Member

Isn't it amazing the number of people in our country that still can't grasp the concept of better hygiene = generally better health?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

To all the people here who are completely relaxing about the swine flu due to media "scare tactics" I will say to you: Influenza is a very real, and a very dangerous virus. Go research the "Spanish Flu" pandemic of 1918 (worldwide death toll between 20 - 100 million people). Many flu viruses are mutated descendants of this original and horrifying disease. Anytime a new strain is out there, it is a major cause for concern. TS is smart in wanting to know ways to protect himself.

On the other hand, people who are thinking this is the end of the world are probably being too extreme. There have been many flu outbreaks in the past century and in some cases (1976 swine flu for example) the "vaccine" has been found to be more harmful than the virus itself!

Bottom line: wash your hands
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Dude, anyone hear they think it is engineered to kill hispanics? Crazy stuff
    Now that would be propaganda gone wild!

One of the reasons why so many people are getting over hyped about this is due to the fact that very few have seen the flu strain running this late in the season, so that is contributing to the "hysteria", as some would call it.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

oregano extract is proven to kill the flu virus, iirc, and i recall that olive leaf extract may do the same. i am on my phone, so i can't look it up easily right now.
    I heard that any shots that were taken this fall were not effective against this strain...of course, this is probably due to circumstances being some of the people who have gotten it also took flu shots this fall.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Yep but you got to make sure it is the high quality Oregano Oil Extract...

Another thing is collodial silver, I've heard it kills it in the gut
  27. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Now that would be propaganda gone wild!

One of the reasons why so many people are getting over hyped about this is due to the fact that very few have seen the flu strain running this late in the season, so that is contributing to the "hysteria", as some would call it.
    No, the reason why so many people are getting hyped over it is the media is blowing it out of proportion to help keep peoples minds off how the US will need to declare bankruptcy soon given our governments spending policies.
    This space for rent

28. Senior Member

No, the reason why so many people are getting hyped over it is the media is blowing it out of proportion to help keep peoples minds off how the US will need to declare bankruptcy soon given our governments spending policies.
    Government just passed an emergency 1.5B to fund this swine flu....
  29. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

doesnt work. Peroxide works better.
  30. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Government just passed an emergency 1.5B to fund this swine flu....

31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    vitamin c is very good at protecting cells from being infected.
    You know I used to be an avid Vitamin C guy... like getting sick and slamming orange juice and taking like 1g of C a day... well For the last 2 weeks ive been taking about 4g of Vitamin C a day for cortisol reasons but low and behold I still got sick this week... thats on top of the 2 multivitamins i take a day and 9-10 NP Omega 3's plus all the ingredients in my controlled labs blue up and blue gene stack which has things like grape seed extract in it.... I just don't know about the C anymore... i think im gonna buy some gut health when i get the money too
  32. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marcinator View Post
    To all the people here who are completely relaxing about the swine flu due to media "scare tactics" I will say to you: Influenza is a very real, and a very dangerous virus. Go research the "Spanish Flu" pandemic of 1918 (worldwide death toll between 20 - 100 million people). Many flu viruses are mutated descendants of this original and horrifying disease. Anytime a new strain is out there, it is a major cause for concern. TS is smart in wanting to know ways to protect himself.

On the other hand, people who are thinking this is the end of the world are probably being too extreme. There have been many flu outbreaks in the past century and in some cases (1976 swine flu for example) the "vaccine" has been found to be more harmful than the virus itself!

Bottom line: wash your hands
    You're kind of breezing over what happened in the 1970's -- a "swine flu" was causing havoc, so they created a swine flu vaccine that ended up killing more people than the original disease.

Flu scares are nothing knew. I'm not saying everyone should sit back and ignore it, but there aren't piles of dead bodies lying everywhere. In fact, most who caught this flu subsequently got released from the hospital.

Is it good public policy to scare the **** out of the world to the point that international economic activity shuts down?

Remember bird flu?
    Remember SARS?
    Remember the attack of the killer tomatoes last summer?
    (to those who don't remember the tomato scare -- everyone was afraid to eat tomatoes because someone got sick, the media freaked out, the industry lost millions, acres and acres of tomatoes were destroyed in the US, then the government found out that the culprit was actual a jalapeno from a single distributor in Mexico.)

To me, the bottom line is these scares have real effects and the type of hyperbole used by the media can be very damaging.
  33. New Member

Just in case you aren't joking, I thought I'd respond to this.

US Treasury bills actually do well during these types of crises because they are the safest investment in the world.
  34. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah I don't let this run my life. When your numbers up your numbers up, can't change nothin about that.

But a flu outbreak is nothing to sneeze at (pun intended.) It has the potential to get serious, but it's not right now, so I haven't asked Iron Lungz for any masks yet
  35. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyLeaguePump View Post
    You're kind of breezing over what happened in the 1970's -- a "swine flu" was causing havoc, so they created a swine flu vaccine that ended up killing more people than the original disease.

Flu scares are nothing knew. I'm not saying everyone should sit back and ignore it, but there aren't piles of dead bodies lying everywhere. In fact, most who caught this flu subsequently got released from the hospital.

Is it good public policy to scare the **** out of the world to the point that international economic activity shuts down?

Remember bird flu?
    Remember SARS?
    Remember the attack of the killer tomatoes last summer?
    (to those who don't remember the tomato scare -- everyone was afraid to eat tomatoes because someone got sick, the media freaked out, the industry lost millions, acres and acres of tomatoes were destroyed in the US, then the government found out that the culprit was actual a jalapeno from a single distributor in Mexico.)

To me, the bottom line is these scares have real effects and the type of hyperbole used by the media can be very damaging.

they actually werent from mexico, they were from south texas, or their distribution warehouse was in south texas. Their product was from mexico. I know because I worked next to their warehouse, have done business with them, and have been inside their warehouse.

Kind of weird you would mention this, I dont remember anything about tomatoes tho, I just remember all the cnn news vans at the terminal.
  36. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyLeaguePump View Post
    Just in case you aren't joking, I thought I'd respond to this.

US Treasury bills actually do well during these types of crises because they are the safest investment in the world.
    I'm not joking. The annual repayment on JUST obama's first year deficit will be over 100 billion dollars. Which means next years budget has to go up by 100 billion to just keep the same deficit, with no additional spending. We've reached the point (according to the Comptroller General of the US Government, head of the General Accounting Office) where our spending and debt levels are unmaintainable and we have to significantly reduce spending and RAISE taxes at the same time to avoid bankruptcy in the next 30 years. The 1.7 trillion deficit is a lie BTW, its actually well over 2.1 trillion as they are stealing the surplus of what gets paid into social security and counting that as tax income. The problem is that its supposed to be increasing the net assets of social security so as more and more baby boomers are drawing the net assets will slowly go back down. As it is now if we maintain anywhere near the current levels of spending by the 2030s the average tax rate will need to be around 45% just to cover social security + medicare + interest on the national debt, and NO other services.

http://www.iousathemovie.com/
    This space for rent

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

I don't think there will be social sercurity or medicare in 2030...

I heard on the radio this morning that Elderberry is a good immune booster that helps protect against the flu
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

It was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly" indeed 100 days into Obama's presidency "swine flu"

Lol i just got that as a text message, kinda funny
  39. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    You think spreading swine flu is CHEAP?
  40. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I don't think there will be social sercurity or medicare in 2030...

I heard on the radio this morning that Elderberry is a good immune booster that helps protect against the flu
    there won't be any money to pay for it, but there will be general revolution if it gets cancelled suddenly too. the reason there wont be money is because congress is spending the money that is supposed to be going into that account on anti-suicide fences on bridges, and protecting endangered field mice, and all sorts of other stupidity.
    This space for rent

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 04:40 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
  3. Overeem: "I'll fight Fedor this year"
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  5. Replies: 144