Supplement use to fight or neutralize "Swine Flu"

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Lightbulb Supplement use to fight or neutralize "Swine Flu"


    Hey guys, with this outbreak dominating the headlines, I wanted to get feedback on possible compounds or herbals to prevent or fight "Swine Flu" or other flu strains for that matter. It seems these strains of flu can turn deadly by causing hypercytokinemia or "cytokine storms".

    I'll start. I found an interesting bit about Curcumin. It appears Curcumin is a potent inhibitor of NF-KappaB (which can raise TNF), as well as the MAPK (mitogen activated protein kinase) system,(particularly the MAPK p38 system) which plays a large role in creating a cytokine storm.

    N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) has been shown to reduce the severity of the flu by neutralizing ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) created by these cytokine storms.

    Please chime in with suggestions and/or studies!


  2. oregano extract is proven to kill the flu virus, iirc, and i recall that olive leaf extract may do the same. i am on my phone, so i can't look it up easily right now.
    •   
       


  3. Gut Health, NAC, and a good quality full spectrum Anti-oxidant will all help.

    Also keep your vitamin intake high.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  4. For the immune system: AHCC and/or Stemenhance

    Anti-Virals: Garlic, Colloidal Silver, Grapefruit Seed Extract (I think)

    You can try taking 16 cloves of Garlic, 1 tablespoon of 20ppm Colloidal Silver and 3 capsules (or 45 drops) of Grapefruit Seed Extract each day. If that doesn't kill it then I don't know what will.
  5. Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  6. The whole thing is so over-hyped. The flu is actually stated to be "mild" compared to other known strains. They make a big deal out of the deaths, but over 40k people die each year from "normal" influenza. The media is all about scare tactics. its actually quite sickening. Anyways, everything people have mentioned so far are in general good things to take.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post
    For the immune system: AHCC and/or Stemenhance

    Anti-Virals: Garlic, Colloidal Silver, Grapefruit Seed Extract (I think)

    You can try taking 16 cloves of Garlic, 1 tablespoon of 20ppm Colloidal Silver and 3 capsules (or 45 drops) of Grapefruit Seed Extract each day. If that doesn't kill it then I don't know what will.
    YOU take 16 cloves of garlic, friend. this is the flu, not a vampire invasion. lol

  8. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    YOU take 16 cloves of garlic, friend. this is the flu, not a vampire invasion. lol
    If YOU were a flu virus, would YOU get anywhere near him?

    Swine flu? Perhaps not. Smell like a swine? Umm...yep
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  9. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    this is probably the most valuable

    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  10. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    YOU take 16 cloves of garlic, friend. this is the flu, not a vampire invasion. lol
    Well, it's cheaper than buying garlic supplements. Plus you'll stink so bad of garlic that you'll have the added benefit of keeping away vampires. I'm not sure about zombies though.
    •   
       


  11. swine flu eh! I'm good, i got my oinkment!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  12. Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    They make a big deal out of the deaths, but over 40k people die each year from "normal" influenza.

    The media is all about scare tactics.
    Yes, the first point is always missed in the hysteria.

    Also, yes, it is about scare tactics. The flu isn't even really swine related, since you don't get it by eating pork. While the virus has some similarities to the influenza strain carried by pigs, it's actually a new mutation of avian, swine and human influenzas. It is transmitted from human-to-human - not pig-to-human. Yet careless public relations last week let the 'swine flu' moniker stick.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    this is probably the most valuable

    How's the taste?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  14. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    How's the taste?
    tangy
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  15. Dude, anyone hear they think it is engineered to kill hispanics? Crazy stuff

  16. Just keep taking immune boosters and anti oxidants, Reverse by IBE and GUT Health by RPN, and you should be good to go. The media does hype things way out of proportion, it's sickening.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

  17. vitamin c is very good at protecting cells from being infected.

  18. and there was me thinking my oinkment joke was funny
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    and there was me thinking my oinkment joke was funny
    dude, that was classic!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    and there was me thinking my oinkment joke was funny






    LOL.

    Cheers bud!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  21. Thumbs up


    Great replies here guys! I do agree, the media has blown this up causing way too many unfounded fears. The majority of people (in the US) are recovering absolutely fine. But that's the media, what do you expect?

    What does concern me is another mutation of the H5N1 Varient (Avian Flu). If this sucker evolves to be as communicable as the current "Swine Flu" or other common varients we could be in for some serious problems.. I think that this is the scenario, albeit worst case, that makes some of the info in this thread extremely useful!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    this is probably the most valuable

    Isn't it amazing the number of people in our country that still can't grasp the concept of better hygiene = generally better health?

  23. To all the people here who are completely relaxing about the swine flu due to media "scare tactics" I will say to you: Influenza is a very real, and a very dangerous virus. Go research the "Spanish Flu" pandemic of 1918 (worldwide death toll between 20 - 100 million people). Many flu viruses are mutated descendants of this original and horrifying disease. Anytime a new strain is out there, it is a major cause for concern. TS is smart in wanting to know ways to protect himself.

    On the other hand, people who are thinking this is the end of the world are probably being too extreme. There have been many flu outbreaks in the past century and in some cases (1976 swine flu for example) the "vaccine" has been found to be more harmful than the virus itself!

    Bottom line: wash your hands

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Dude, anyone hear they think it is engineered to kill hispanics? Crazy stuff
    Now that would be propaganda gone wild!

    One of the reasons why so many people are getting over hyped about this is due to the fact that very few have seen the flu strain running this late in the season, so that is contributing to the "hysteria", as some would call it.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  25. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    oregano extract is proven to kill the flu virus, iirc, and i recall that olive leaf extract may do the same. i am on my phone, so i can't look it up easily right now.
    I heard that any shots that were taken this fall were not effective against this strain...of course, this is probably due to circumstances being some of the people who have gotten it also took flu shots this fall.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  26. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    oregano extract is proven to kill the flu virus, iirc, and i recall that olive leaf extract may do the same. i am on my phone, so i can't look it up easily right now.
    Yep but you got to make sure it is the high quality Oregano Oil Extract...

    Another thing is collodial silver, I've heard it kills it in the gut
  27. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Now that would be propaganda gone wild!

    One of the reasons why so many people are getting over hyped about this is due to the fact that very few have seen the flu strain running this late in the season, so that is contributing to the "hysteria", as some would call it.
    No, the reason why so many people are getting hyped over it is the media is blowing it out of proportion to help keep peoples minds off how the US will need to declare bankruptcy soon given our governments spending policies.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  28. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    No, the reason why so many people are getting hyped over it is the media is blowing it out of proportion to help keep peoples minds off how the US will need to declare bankruptcy soon given our governments spending policies.
    Government just passed an emergency 1.5B to fund this swine flu....

  29. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    this is probably the most valuable

    doesnt work. Peroxide works better.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Government just passed an emergency 1.5B to fund this swine flu....


  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 06:40 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
  3. Overeem: "I'll fight Fedor this year"
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 06:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
  5. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Log in
Log in