HMB good or bad ??...HELP!!!

ppycrsm

Awards
Guys is hmb rilli as bad as they say it is...im currently staking it with sum other products, i wanted to giv it a try, but im starting to believe that it isnt worth it...ive done sum research nd apperently the stuff barley works and on top of that i mad the f**king mistake of buying EAS hmb which is danm expensive.....what u guys think??!!! help!!........im thinking about selling the stuff...... shud i continue to give it a try??..thanks guys

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
HMB may be a promising if only it were affordable to dose at the required amounts.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
An article in MD says HMB prevented an increase in lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) following maximal eccentric exercise, but did not prevent delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).

I've never used it, but my mom likes it.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's nothing special.

ppycrsm

Awards
hmmm...thanks guys....what dosage wud u recommend tho??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmb works decently in newb phase, doesn't work much at all afterwards. So if you are in your first 6 months of working out seriously, it may help, otherwise not likely

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Works in your early stages of getting into lifting, but you've gotta dose a ton of it, if I remember correctly. Pretty much what Easy and Trip said.

ppycrsm

Awards
well ive been working out for approx 2 years....sh*t!!.....how much shud i take guys..., 3 grams ??6 grams??

ppycrsm

Awards
i shudav just bought sum anabolic pump or sumtin...hmmm anyway, at least i hve the experience of it now

billybob12345

billybob12345

Awards
HMB studies showed promise, but it never panned out in real life.

The hype also doesn't take the negative research into account. Contrary to Dr. Nissen's portrayal, a number of studies have found no significant changes in strength, body composition, markers of muscle damage or sports performance with HMB supplementation. Looking closely at these studies reveals an interesting difference, however. The positive studies used either untrained subjects or subjects with varied training experience. In contrast, the negative studies used highly trained athletes.

Perhaps this explains the disparity in results. For example, it's possible that a) experienced athletes need a larger dose; b) need to take it longer to see results; or c) both.

In my opinion, however, another, and more likely, possibility, is that HMB provides a small, but significant boost for people who are just starting to work out. It's a different story for people who are adapted to training.

"Real world" experience seems to bear this out. Very few experienced bodybuilders have reported any benefits from HMB supplementation. I certainly didn't notice any when I tried it, nor did anyone in my immediate circle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 26
Supplements 2
GreenMachineX Supplements 11
Supplements 42
Supplements 49