Sleep Aid with some good sides?

  1. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    71175
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sleep Aid with some good sides?


    Hey guys,

    I did a little search but couldn't find much of a response for this. Most I found was Lean Dreams and Powerfull, and the second one I tried but it upset my stomach a fair amount.

    I was wondering if there's anything that'd help out with my sleep schedule and hopefully something else, like a GH booster, or leaning up, etc. Hopefully even, something that would be bulk or cheap on that sort.

    Hows does IGF2 help on sleep if at any? I've been kinda interested in that product, if it indeed helped it would surely make this decision a little easier. But really, anything that woulnd't break my bank would be sweet.

    Anyone got any thoughts?

  2. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37733
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Somnidren GH is awesome, but not inexpensive.
  3. Board Sponsor
    babywifey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,487
    Rep Power
    20552
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    X-Dream is a great sleep aid. It promotes REM sleep, causing vivid dreams. It also increases HGH levels. It is $26 on NP for about a month supply.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    71175
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thanks a lot guys, will search for feedback on both.
  5. New Member
    Variocam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    23.25%

    I like doin a shot or two of alcohol as a nightcap if I have difficulty sleeping. I usually have an amazing sleep and feel very refreshed. Might want to drink a glass of water around the same time so you dont wake up feeling weird.
  6. Senior Member
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    740
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    25.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Somnidren GH is awesome, but not inexpensive.
    I'm loving Somnidren right now w/ some ZMK, they got it stacked for you on Nutra for a really good price...
  7. New Member
    Cinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    456
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.25%

    GHB
  8. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I'm loving Somnidren right now w/ some ZMK, they got it stacked for you on Nutra for a really good price...
    x2 ..also X-Dream, PowerFULL, and IGF-2 are all wonderful products for what you are looking for !
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  9. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1622
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    80.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Somnidren/ZMK combo, it's a great price right now. Add some AMS Nocturnabol to it and you've got a serious sleep and grow stack. Not that I'm biased, but I'm logging it now, with some other goodies, as are some others. So far, the results have been great. I think it's real solid. I decided to get that stack because I used to take most of that stuff separate, but now I don't have to. Pretty much already knew it was gonna be good, it was nice to confirm it though. Good luck bud!!
  10. New Member
    MPFit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    329
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    2.89%

    Regular ZMA ;D
    Cheap and side effects are possible boost in GH..
    I've never tried any of the aforementioned supps- i'm sure each is probably better but definately more expensive.
  11. New Member
    bigsexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    85.23%

    I am lovin cyclin from MHP right now. I needed to try something in my break from powerfull, and a rep from MHP gave me a few samples of cyclin. It worked great, so i bought a bottle, and I am lovin the sleep i am gettin. (I have had sleep issues most of my life)

    However, My usual sleep regimen is 1 or 2 powerfull, and a GNC valerian. Since REM CG3 has been removed from the USP line, I have greatly missed my "go to" sleep supplement.
  12. New Member
    Jeremy Brown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95%

    i usually just take half of one of Optimum Nutrition's melatonin tablets, half of one for me is the sweet spot for a deep sleep without any morning after grogginess.
  13. New Member
    larue38462's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    68.18%

    Just grab some gaba and melatonin....very cheap and very effective. I work a crazy shift that rotates from 12 hour days to 12 hour mids every 2 weeks. I tried to use some other sleep aids that left me groggy. The gaba and melatonin combo is a champ.
  14. New Member
    munique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    209
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    91.43%

    reduction PM and muscle pharm's battle fuel.
  15. New Member
    Da 1 Pumpin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    I take ambien cr every once in awhile when I need a good nights sleep and it does the job to the tune of me feeling great the next day.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317353
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Bulk 1-C; cheap, gets the job done, and boosts GH.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  17. Board Sponsor
    Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    166063
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    2.72%

    I like cyproheptadine for the reasons given below but as it's an anti-histamine it shouldn't be taken every night,it can be obtained legally w/out a script from Canadian online pharmacies.

    Glycerin is also cash-money as well,see the abstracts and this thread for the low down on this topic.

    http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...ic=37604&st=50


    J Pharmacol Sci. 2007 Feb;103(2):201-6. Epub 2007 Feb 8.Click here to read Links
    Effects of some H1-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats.
    Tokunaga S, Takeda Y, Shinomiya K, Hirase M, Kamei C.

    Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tsushima-naka 1-1-1, Okayama 700-8530, Japan.

    The present study was undertaken to investigate the effects of some H(1)-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats in comparison with those of nitrazepam. Electrodes were chronically implanted into the frontal cortex and the dorsal neck muscle of rats for the electroencephalogram (EEG) and electromyogram (EMG), respectively. EEG and EMG were recorded with an electroencephalograph. SleepSign ver. 2.0 was used for EEG and EMG analysis. The total times of waking, non-rapid eye movement (non-REM), and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep were measured from 10:00 to 16:00. Nitrazepam showed a significant decrease in sleep latency, total waking time, and delta activity and an increase in the total non-REM sleep time. A significant decrease in the sleep latency was observed with diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine, and cyproheptadine. Cyproheptadine also caused a significant decrease in the total waking time and increases in total non-REM sleep time, REM sleep time, slow wave sleep, and delta activity, although no remarkable effects were observed with diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine. In conclusion, cyproheptadine can be useful as a hypnotic, having not only sleep inducing-effects, but also sleep quantity- and quality-increasing effects.


    Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes
    Wataru YAMADERA, 1 Kentaro INAGAWA, 2 Shintaro CHIBA, 3 Makoto BANNAI, 2 Michio TAKAHASHI 2 and Kazuhiko NAKAYAMA 1

    Copyright 2007 The Authors; Journal compilation 2007 Japanese Society of Sleep Research

    In human volunteers who have been continuously experiencing unsatisfactory sleep, effects of glycine ingestion (3 g) before bedtime on subjective sleep quality were investigated, and changes in polysomnography (PSG) during sleep were analyzed. Effects on daytime sleepiness and daytime cognitive function were also evaluated. Glycine improved subjective sleep quality and sleep efficacy (sleep time/in-bed time), and shortened PSG latency both to sleep onset and to slow wave sleep without changes in the sleep architecture. Glycine lessened daytime sleepiness and improved performance of memory recognition tasks. Thus, a bolus ingestion of glycine before bedtime seems to produce subjective and objective improvement of the sleep quality in a different way than traditional hypnotic drugs such as benzodiazepines.

    Accepted for publication 22 November 2006.
  18. Advanced Member
    dmillz224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    652
    Rep Power
    457
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    37%

    how were you dosing the powerfull when it was upsetting your stomach?
  19. New Member
    LoveMeSexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    46.31%

    If Somnidren is the powdered one I didn't get on with it. The powder clumped up and became like a brick, ended up hacking bits out for consumption and it did nothing for my sleep. Lean dreams was excellent though and rem3mg from usp even better.
  20. New Member
    holizab's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    15%

    Baclofen is another good sleep aid with nice sides.
  21. New Member
    jp17815's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95.6%

    Hey.
    I have a rough time falling asleep alot of the time.
    I have a night time stack I have been useing for awhile now.

    I go with a cheap sleep aid containing Diphenhydramine 25 mg. 3 caps of ZMA, and a Tribulus.

    I always wake up feeling good and ready.
    If it adds to GH levels IDK.
    But I know it is cheap and I feel good.

    JP.
  22. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,553
    Rep Power
    558956
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    51.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Im sure you meant Glycine not Glycerin - just a note so readers dont get confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I like cyproheptadine for the reasons given below but as it's an anti-histamine it shouldn't be taken every night,it can be obtained legally w/out a script from Canadian online pharmacies.

    Glycerin is also cash-money as well,see the abstracts and this thread for the low down on this topic.

    http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...ic=37604&st=50


    J Pharmacol Sci. 2007 Feb;103(2):201-6. Epub 2007 Feb 8.Click here to read Links
    Effects of some H1-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats.
    Tokunaga S, Takeda Y, Shinomiya K, Hirase M, Kamei C.

    Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tsushima-naka 1-1-1, Okayama 700-8530, Japan.

    The present study was undertaken to investigate the effects of some H(1)-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats in comparison with those of nitrazepam. Electrodes were chronically implanted into the frontal cortex and the dorsal neck muscle of rats for the electroencephalogram (EEG) and electromyogram (EMG), respectively. EEG and EMG were recorded with an electroencephalograph. SleepSign ver. 2.0 was used for EEG and EMG analysis. The total times of waking, non-rapid eye movement (non-REM), and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep were measured from 10:00 to 16:00. Nitrazepam showed a significant decrease in sleep latency, total waking time, and delta activity and an increase in the total non-REM sleep time. A significant decrease in the sleep latency was observed with diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine, and cyproheptadine. Cyproheptadine also caused a significant decrease in the total waking time and increases in total non-REM sleep time, REM sleep time, slow wave sleep, and delta activity, although no remarkable effects were observed with diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine. In conclusion, cyproheptadine can be useful as a hypnotic, having not only sleep inducing-effects, but also sleep quantity- and quality-increasing effects.


    Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes
    Wataru YAMADERA, 1 Kentaro INAGAWA, 2 Shintaro CHIBA, 3 Makoto BANNAI, 2 Michio TAKAHASHI 2 and Kazuhiko NAKAYAMA 1

    Copyright 2007 The Authors; Journal compilation 2007 Japanese Society of Sleep Research

    In human volunteers who have been continuously experiencing unsatisfactory sleep, effects of glycine ingestion (3 g) before bedtime on subjective sleep quality were investigated, and changes in polysomnography (PSG) during sleep were analyzed. Effects on daytime sleepiness and daytime cognitive function were also evaluated. Glycine improved subjective sleep quality and sleep efficacy (sleep time/in-bed time), and shortened PSG latency both to sleep onset and to slow wave sleep without changes in the sleep architecture. Glycine lessened daytime sleepiness and improved performance of memory recognition tasks. Thus, a bolus ingestion of glycine before bedtime seems to produce subjective and objective improvement of the sleep quality in a different way than traditional hypnotic drugs such as benzodiazepines.

    Accepted for publication 22 November 2006.
  23. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    71175
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sounds like some good stuff.

    I'm thinking of going with an underdosed X-Dream, ZMA, and I was currious about the bulk 1-C but couldn't really find it.

    Seems like it would be a cheap plan, under 25 a month overall doesn't sound too bad.

    Powerfull I was dosing at 2 before bed and would get upset stomach throughout the day. As soon as I quit taking it things got better.
  24. Senior Member
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1289
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Diphenhydramine 50mgs
    valerian root 1350mgs
    GABA 5g

    I take this almost every night. Sleep like baby, plus the GABA boosts GH.
  25. yea!!!!!
    brk_nemesis's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    815
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    23.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I always had great sleep off of GABA, using a few days off, and few days on scheme. Like the others have saiid,.. its cheap and works.
  26. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,414
    Rep Power
    1407012
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    either bulk gaba, or bulk phenibut (or both for the nights when gaba isnt strong enough)

    alongside zmt (2/night)

    this is my sleep stack

    i've got a sample of reduction pm (controlled labs) calling my name though
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  27. New Member
    bmw8591's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    247
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    77.47%

    Bulk 1-carboxy-2-amino- 3-pyrobenzol

    Search for that at nutra
  28. New Member
    Abdullah411's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    77
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    70%

    Also check out GH Accelerator by Procard Nutrition. It's a new product formulatted by Chris Aceto. It facilitates muscle growth, recovery and repair. You can get a restful sleep with just melatonin, or gabba, but this blend aids in relaxation and facilitates GH secretions for more muscle growth. The elevated GH is what inceases the IGF wcih increases muscle fibers.
  29. Senior Member
    sublimejeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    983
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    42.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Hey guys,

    I did a little search but couldn't find much of a response for this. Most I found was Lean Dreams and Powerfull, and the second one I tried but it upset my stomach a fair amount.

    I was wondering if there's anything that'd help out with my sleep schedule and hopefully something else, like a GH booster, or leaning up, etc. Hopefully even, something that would be bulk or cheap on that sort.

    Hows does IGF2 help on sleep if at any? I've been kinda interested in that product, if it indeed helped it would surely make this decision a little easier. But really, anything that woulnd't break my bank would be sweet.

    Anyone got any thoughts?
    Powerfull, Lean Dreams and Somalyze are all good options
    Get your FREE RIPPED GUIDE

    www.newstarathletics.com/rippedfree
  30. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1682
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    65.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by munique View Post
    reduction PM and muscle pharm's battle fuel.
    I thought Reduction PM was a awesome sleep aid.
  31. Senior Member
    islandmagic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,629
    Rep Power
    36791
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    0.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    has anyone tried this -Bullet Proof


    412 Grams Orange Raspberry
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size1Scoop
    Servings Per Container22

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

    Bullet Proof™ Proprietary Blend 18735mg **

    HGH And Night Growth Matrix **
    L-Arginine HCL
    Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
    4-Amino-3Phenylbutyric Acid (Phenibut)
    Macuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa)
    L-Phenylalanine
    L-Tyrosine
    ZMA Blend
    Zinc (As Monomethione And Asparate)
    Magnesium (As Asparate)
    Vitamin B-6 (As Pyridoxine HCL)

    Muscle Recovery Matrix **
    L-Glutamine
    HMB
    Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutuyrate Monohydrate
    Beta Alanine
    Citrulline Malate
    Gingerols (From Ginger Root) 20%

    Essential Amino Acid Blend **
    L-Theronine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL

    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    ** Daily Value not established

    Other Ingredients
    Sucralose, Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucrose, Guar Gum
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

  32. Board Sponsor
    babywifey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,487
    Rep Power
    20552
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Yep! ^^^ it's some good stuff.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 04:25 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 08:44 PM
  3. Anything work as good as phenibut for sleep?
    By LeanGuy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 04:14 PM
  4. Good supp's for helping with sleep?
    By TheUsual in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 06:48 AM
  5. what is a good sleep-aid?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in