Sleep Aid with some good sides?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I did a little search but couldn't find much of a response for this. Most I found was Lean Dreams and Powerfull, and the second one I tried but it upset my stomach a fair amount.

I was wondering if there's anything that'd help out with my sleep schedule and hopefully something else, like a GH booster, or leaning up, etc. Hopefully even, something that would be bulk or cheap on that sort.

Hows does IGF2 help on sleep if at any? I've been kinda interested in that product, if it indeed helped it would surely make this decision a little easier. But really, anything that woulnd't break my bank would be sweet.

Anyone got any thoughts?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Somnidren GH is awesome, but not inexpensive.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
X-Dream is a great sleep aid. It promotes REM sleep, causing vivid dreams. It also increases HGH levels. It is $26 on NP for about a month supply.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot guys, will search for feedback on both.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
I like doin a shot or two of alcohol as a nightcap if I have difficulty sleeping. I usually have an amazing sleep and feel very refreshed. Might want to drink a glass of water around the same time so you dont wake up feeling weird.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm loving Somnidren right now w/ some ZMK, they got it stacked for you on Nutra for a really good price...
x2 ..also X-Dream, PowerFULL, and IGF-2 are all wonderful products for what you are looking for !

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Somnidren/ZMK combo, it's a great price right now. Add some AMS Nocturnabol to it and you've got a serious sleep and grow stack. Not that I'm biased, but I'm logging it now, with some other goodies, as are some others. So far, the results have been great. I think it's real solid. I decided to get that stack because I used to take most of that stuff separate, but now I don't have to. Pretty much already knew it was gonna be good, it was nice to confirm it though. Good luck bud!!

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Regular ZMA ;D
Cheap and side effects are possible boost in GH..
I've never tried any of the aforementioned supps- i'm sure each is probably better but definately more expensive.

bigsexy

Awards
I am lovin cyclin from MHP right now. I needed to try something in my break from powerfull, and a rep from MHP gave me a few samples of cyclin. It worked great, so i bought a bottle, and I am lovin the sleep i am gettin. (I have had sleep issues most of my life)

However, My usual sleep regimen is 1 or 2 powerfull, and a GNC valerian. Since REM CG3 has been removed from the USP line, I have greatly missed my "go to" sleep supplement.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
i usually just take half of one of Optimum Nutrition's melatonin tablets, half of one for me is the sweet spot for a deep sleep without any morning after grogginess.

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
Just grab some gaba and melatonin....very cheap and very effective. I work a crazy shift that rotates from 12 hour days to 12 hour mids every 2 weeks. I tried to use some other sleep aids that left me groggy. The gaba and melatonin combo is a champ.

Da 1 Pumpin

Awards
I take ambien cr every once in awhile when I need a good nights sleep and it does the job to the tune of me feeling great the next day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk 1-C; cheap, gets the job done, and boosts GH.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like cyproheptadine for the reasons given below but as it's an anti-histamine it shouldn't be taken every night,it can be obtained legally w/out a script from Canadian online pharmacies.

Glycerin is also cash-money as well,see the abstracts and this thread for the low down on this topic.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=37604&st=50

J Pharmacol Sci. 2007 Feb;103(2):201-6. Epub 2007 Feb 8.Click here to read Links
Effects of some H1-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats.
Tokunaga S, Takeda Y, Shinomiya K, Hirase M, Kamei C.

Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tsushima-naka 1-1-1, Okayama 700-8530, Japan.

The present study was undertaken to investigate the effects of some H(1)-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats in comparison with those of nitrazepam. Electrodes were chronically implanted into the frontal cortex and the dorsal neck muscle of rats for the electroencephalogram (EEG) and electromyogram (EMG), respectively. EEG and EMG were recorded with an electroencephalograph. SleepSign ver. 2.0 was used for EEG and EMG analysis. The total times of waking, non-rapid eye movement (non-REM), and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep were measured from 10:00 to 16:00. Nitrazepam showed a significant decrease in sleep latency, total waking time, and delta activity and an increase in the total non-REM sleep time. A significant decrease in the sleep latency was observed with diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine, and cyproheptadine. Cyproheptadine also caused a significant decrease in the total waking time and increases in total non-REM sleep time, REM sleep time, slow wave sleep, and delta activity, although no remarkable effects were observed with diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine. In conclusion, cyproheptadine can be useful as a hypnotic, having not only sleep inducing-effects, but also sleep quantity- and quality-increasing effects.

Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes
Wataru YAMADERA, 1 Kentaro INAGAWA, 2 Shintaro CHIBA, 3 Makoto BANNAI, 2 Michio TAKAHASHI 2 and Kazuhiko NAKAYAMA 1

Copyright © 2007 The Authors; Journal compilation © 2007 Japanese Society of Sleep Research

In human volunteers who have been continuously experiencing unsatisfactory sleep, effects of glycine ingestion (3 g) before bedtime on subjective sleep quality were investigated, and changes in polysomnography (PSG) during sleep were analyzed. Effects on daytime sleepiness and daytime cognitive function were also evaluated. Glycine improved subjective sleep quality and sleep efficacy (sleep time/in-bed time), and shortened PSG latency both to sleep onset and to slow wave sleep without changes in the sleep architecture. Glycine lessened daytime sleepiness and improved performance of memory recognition tasks. Thus, a bolus ingestion of glycine before bedtime seems to produce subjective and objective improvement of the sleep quality in a different way than traditional hypnotic drugs such as benzodiazepines.

Accepted for publication 22 November 2006.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
how were you dosing the powerfull when it was upsetting your stomach?

LoveMeSexy

Awards
If Somnidren is the powdered one I didn't get on with it. The powder clumped up and became like a brick, ended up hacking bits out for consumption and it did nothing for my sleep. Lean dreams was excellent though and rem3mg from usp even better.

holizab

Awards
Baclofen is another good sleep aid with nice sides.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Hey.
I have a rough time falling asleep alot of the time.
I have a night time stack I have been useing for awhile now.

I go with a cheap sleep aid containing Diphenhydramine 25 mg. 3 caps of ZMA, and a Tribulus.

I always wake up feeling good and ready.
If it adds to GH levels IDK.
But I know it is cheap and I feel good.

JP.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im sure you meant Glycine not Glycerin - just a note so readers dont get confused ;)

I like cyproheptadine for the reasons given below but as it's an anti-histamine it shouldn't be taken every night,it can be obtained legally w/out a script from Canadian online pharmacies.

Glycerin is also cash-money as well,see the abstracts and this thread for the low down on this topic.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=37604&st=50

J Pharmacol Sci. 2007 Feb;103(2):201-6. Epub 2007 Feb 8.Click here to read Links
Effects of some H1-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats.
Tokunaga S, Takeda Y, Shinomiya K, Hirase M, Kamei C.

Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tsushima-naka 1-1-1, Okayama 700-8530, Japan.

The present study was undertaken to investigate the effects of some H(1)-antagonists on the sleep-wake cycle in sleep-disturbed rats in comparison with those of nitrazepam. Electrodes were chronically implanted into the frontal cortex and the dorsal neck muscle of rats for the electroencephalogram (EEG) and electromyogram (EMG), respectively. EEG and EMG were recorded with an electroencephalograph. SleepSign ver. 2.0 was used for EEG and EMG analysis. The total times of waking, non-rapid eye movement (non-REM), and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep were measured from 10:00 to 16:00. Nitrazepam showed a significant decrease in sleep latency, total waking time, and delta activity and an increase in the total non-REM sleep time. A significant decrease in the sleep latency was observed with diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine, and cyproheptadine. Cyproheptadine also caused a significant decrease in the total waking time and increases in total non-REM sleep time, REM sleep time, slow wave sleep, and delta activity, although no remarkable effects were observed with diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine. In conclusion, cyproheptadine can be useful as a hypnotic, having not only sleep inducing-effects, but also sleep quantity- and quality-increasing effects.

Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes
Wataru YAMADERA, 1 Kentaro INAGAWA, 2 Shintaro CHIBA, 3 Makoto BANNAI, 2 Michio TAKAHASHI 2 and Kazuhiko NAKAYAMA 1

Copyright © 2007 The Authors; Journal compilation © 2007 Japanese Society of Sleep Research

In human volunteers who have been continuously experiencing unsatisfactory sleep, effects of glycine ingestion (3 g) before bedtime on subjective sleep quality were investigated, and changes in polysomnography (PSG) during sleep were analyzed. Effects on daytime sleepiness and daytime cognitive function were also evaluated. Glycine improved subjective sleep quality and sleep efficacy (sleep time/in-bed time), and shortened PSG latency both to sleep onset and to slow wave sleep without changes in the sleep architecture. Glycine lessened daytime sleepiness and improved performance of memory recognition tasks. Thus, a bolus ingestion of glycine before bedtime seems to produce subjective and objective improvement of the sleep quality in a different way than traditional hypnotic drugs such as benzodiazepines.

Accepted for publication 22 November 2006.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like some good stuff.

I'm thinking of going with an underdosed X-Dream, ZMA, and I was currious about the bulk 1-C but couldn't really find it.

Seems like it would be a cheap plan, under 25 a month overall doesn't sound too bad.

Powerfull I was dosing at 2 before bed and would get upset stomach throughout the day. As soon as I quit taking it things got better.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Diphenhydramine 50mgs
valerian root 1350mgs
GABA 5g

I take this almost every night. Sleep like baby, plus the GABA boosts GH.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I always had great sleep off of GABA, using a few days off, and few days on scheme. Like the others have saiid,.. its cheap and works.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
either bulk gaba, or bulk phenibut (or both for the nights when gaba isnt strong enough)

alongside zmt (2/night)

this is my sleep stack

i've got a sample of reduction pm (controlled labs) calling my name though

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Bulk 1-carboxy-2-amino- 3-pyrobenzol

Search for that at nutra

Abdullah411

Awards
Also check out GH Accelerator by Procard Nutrition. It's a new product formulatted by Chris Aceto. It facilitates muscle growth, recovery and repair. You can get a restful sleep with just melatonin, or gabba, but this blend aids in relaxation and facilitates GH secretions for more muscle growth. The elevated GH is what inceases the IGF wcih increases muscle fibers.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I did a little search but couldn't find much of a response for this. Most I found was Lean Dreams and Powerfull, and the second one I tried but it upset my stomach a fair amount.

I was wondering if there's anything that'd help out with my sleep schedule and hopefully something else, like a GH booster, or leaning up, etc. Hopefully even, something that would be bulk or cheap on that sort.

Hows does IGF2 help on sleep if at any? I've been kinda interested in that product, if it indeed helped it would surely make this decision a little easier. But really, anything that woulnd't break my bank would be sweet.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Powerfull, Lean Dreams and Somalyze are all good options

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
has anyone tried this -Bullet Proof

412 Grams Orange Raspberry
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Scoop
Servings Per Container22

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Bullet Proof™ Proprietary Blend 18735mg **

HGH And Night Growth Matrix **
L-Arginine HCL
Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
4-Amino-3Phenylbutyric Acid (Phenibut)
Macuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa)
L-Phenylalanine
L-Tyrosine
ZMA Blend
Zinc (As Monomethione And Asparate)
Magnesium (As Asparate)
Vitamin B-6 (As Pyridoxine HCL)

Muscle Recovery Matrix **
L-Glutamine
HMB
Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutuyrate Monohydrate
Beta Alanine
Citrulline Malate
Gingerols (From Ginger Root) 20%

Essential Amino Acid Blend **
L-Theronine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Sucralose, Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucrose, Guar Gum

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Apex Alchemy 22
Renew1 Apex Alchemy 15
Supplements 56
OTC Drug 10
Supplements 21