Supps for the Cut

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Hey Guys,

I am kind low on the funds so I am going to have to use up what supplements I have on hand (for the next month or so). I am going to start a cutting cycle soon, and was planning on using the following supps. I was hoping that I could get some opinions on the stuff listed below:

Would it be plausible to use a natural testosterone booster during a cutting phase? Like most I want to retain my muscle gain and cut out some fat (particularity stubborn stomach fat). To do this I will be consuming a 500 cal deficit (in the beginning) and eating lots of protein.

I have several bottles of Driven's Lean Extreme. Could I combine this cort blocker? with a natural testosterone booster (i.e. run both simultaneously)?

Any other tips anyone can give, I am all ears. Thanks for the help fellows....

Best,
WB

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be plausible to use a natural testosterone booster during a cutting phase? Like most I want to retain my muscle gain and cut out some fat (particularity stubborn stomach fat). To do this I will be consuming a 500 cal deficit (in the beginning) and eating lots of protein.
Using a testosterone booster would be excellent if you're trying to lose bodyfat. As long as your diet is targeted at your goal (and I wouldn't recommend consistently being on LOW calories, but CYCLING them above AND below Maintenance), then you can easily maintain the muscle mass that you currently have (if your caloires are too low, regardless of the amount of protein that you're consuming, you will lose muscle mass). And you canNOt spot reduce fat; it's like trying to empty a pool of water from one side first (it doesn't happen!)

I have several bottles of Driven's Lean Extreme. Could I combine this cort blocker? with a natural testosterone booster (i.e. run both simultaneously)?
This would be fine. In fact, running Lean Xtreme with Activate Xtreme would work well for a recomp (which is what you want).

Any other tips anyone can give, I am all ears. Thanks for the help fellows....

Best,
WB
Before you look at supplements, look first to your DIET (For Diet Tips for Fat Loss, read post #8 at http://anabolicminds.com/forum/applied-nutriceuticals/122107-just-got-my.html)!!! If that's not right, then taking supplements is NOT going to help.

UKStrength

I completely agree with Rosie, the supplements will do very little in the way of fat loss if your diet isn't spot-on.

Can I ask what you're doing for training too?

The more training you do to create a calorie deficit, the less calories you'll have to 'cut' initially, making the whole fat loss process a whole lot easier.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
First off thanks for the responses.

Guejsn & UK: Thanks for the advice, I do know that fat can't be spot reduced and I totally agree that dieting is key to any fitness plan. My diets also been on key IMHO, just always had a little to much protein in it:lick:. I originally weighed about 269-270ish a bit ago dropped down 100 lbs through dieting, lots of cardio and lifting. I then became a little to "skinny" and began a bulk phase. Strangest thing, I had one hell of a time gaining weight back, I remember reading somewhere that if you lose to much to quickly that its harder to gain back? Who knows....

Here's a sample of my diet, that I posted previously on another thread. This is before I tweaked it and toned down the amount of protein consumed per sitting.

Alright here's yesterday's meal: With all Meals 6 UNI-LIVER pills taken

Meal 1:
-4 Servings of Quick Oats, mixed with 1/2 cup whey protein
-5 eggs scrambled and 1 egg white
-2 scoops of protein powder, glutamine
-1 Animal Pak

Meal 2: 4 Servings of Kidney beans
-2 Servings of broccoli
-2 servings of 4oz chicken
-1 protein shake with creatine
-Animal Omega fish oil
-Animal Stak

-Workout-

Meal 3 (post workout):

-4 servings of mixed veggies
-3 servings of Sweet Potatoes
-3 scoops of Whey protein with glutamine
-1 4oz piece of chicken
-1 cup of brown rice

Meal 4:

-3 servings of kidney beans
-2 bagels whole grain/fruit with 2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter on each
-1 lbs of chicken (chicken breast/skinless)
-Vitamin C & E

Meal 5:

-6 Cans of tuna in water
-2 Bagels with natty peanut butter (2 scoops each)
-1 Serving of sweet potatoes
-1 4oz (approx) of chicken
-1 serving of pepperoni (deli style)

Meal 6:

-2 peanut butter sandwiches (whole grain bread) with natty peanut butter, nothing else
-2 servings of chicken
-1 scoops of whey
-3 scoops of casein protein
***Mix Proteins together in 2% milk*****
-2 Cliffs Protein bar
-Animal Omega
-Animal M Stak

Usually I wake up 3 times and have 3 scoops of casein protein throughout the entire night.

This is just a daily example of my bulk diet...

I haven't tweaked my diet as of yet for my "cutting phase". I plan to cycle above and below maintenance like Guejsn stated eating a 40/40/20 split (carbs, protein, good fats).

Here's my updated training rooster for my cutting regimen, not to in depth, I usually changed it every couple weeks and incorporate a lot of compound exercise movements:

MON: back/bi's
TUES: HIIT Cardio 20 mins stationary bike
WED: chest/tri's
THURS: HIIT Cardio 20 mins on stationary bike
FRI: legs/delts
SAT: Traditional Cardio
Sun: OFF

How's my cuttingesque training looking? Good? Bad? Suggestions welcome.
I've never had problems losing weight (lately that is). This is my first cut since I lost tons of weight, packed on some muscle, and now I am worried about losing my hard earned gains. I think a slow calorie deficit increasing every 2 weeks might be ideal. But I am open to suggestions.

Also I will be using a test booster, and lean extreme, just wanted to make sure that they are compatible to use together. Thanks for all the helps all!!!

Best,
WB

UKStrength

Sounds like you know what you're doing mate, and if it's working so far for you then all the better.

Training looks fine, and you have the cardio in there too.

If you're struggling to lose weight in the later stages and don't want to cut extra calories, then fasted cardio (e.g. walking) on the morning of your workouts or postworkout would add extra burnt calories, but you're not near that stage yet ;)

The supplements seem fine, hope you didn't take offense to our 'get the diet sorted first' remark, most the guys who post your type of questions haven't heard of a calorie...

Good luck mate.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guejsn & UK: Thanks for the advice, I do know that fat can't be spot reduced and I totally agree that dieting is key to any fitness plan. My diets also been on key IMHO, just always had a little to much protein in it:lick:. I originally weighed about 269-270ish a bit ago dropped down 100 lbs through dieting, lots of cardio and lifting. I then became a little to "skinny" and began a bulk phase. Strangest thing, I had one hell of a time gaining weight back, I remember reading somewhere that if you lose to much to quickly that its harder to gain back? Who knows.
No worries...Of course you're going to have "one hell of a time gaining weight back" if you lost 100lb! If you lose weight too quickly, it's NOT harder to gain back; it's actually EASIER to gain back, and most of what you gain back is usually fat (you lose 75% fat and 25% muscle, and when you gain back you gain back 75% fat and 25% muscle); that is if you lose weight too fast, and your diet does not change once the weight is lost (i.e. you go back onto what you were eating prior to the "diet"). However, provided that you KNOW what you're doing, gaining muscle mass is doable; and it IS a slow process, if you're looking for just muscle mass. You can gain on average ~1lb a week without using hormonal products, if diet and training are right.

How's my cuttingesque training looking? Good? Bad? Suggestions welcome.
I've never had problems losing weight (lately that is). This is my first cut since I lost tons of weight, packed on some muscle, and now I am worried about losing my hard earned gains. I think a slow calorie deficit increasing every 2 weeks might be ideal. But I am open to suggestions.
What you have looks fine re training. It's good to see someone NOT going excess on the cardio! Re diet, it looks fine as well. The slow deficit is definitely best (and you can adjust week by week based on yur results), or cycling calories (i.e. 3-4 days less than or at Maintenance, and 1-2 days above Mintenance or at Bulking calories).

Also I will be using a test booster, and lean extreme, just wanted to make sure that they are compatible to use together. Thanks for all the helps all!!!
Yes, they're compatible. Just make sure that after 8 weeks of use you cycle off for ~2-4 weeks, before using again (if you plan to), to make the most out of the products.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks everyone for the advice and help! No offense take UK. I should have been more precise, didn't want to ramble away, I have a tendency to do that!

Again thanks all!!!

Best,
Chad