Quality Proteins w/No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Would NOT use much else after TrueNutrition...

Can create whatever ratio % blends you please , sweetener of choice , stevia etc...

31 flavors like baskin robbins lol

Quality controlled.

-Matt

2. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Would NOT use much else after TrueNutrition...

Can create whatever ratio % blends you please , sweetener of choice , stevia etc...

31 flavors like baskin robbins lol

Quality controlled.

-Matt
    Top notch for sure, but you pay for quality
    CELTIC LABS REP
    •   

3. The price of whey protein has just gotten so out of hand I really don't know if it's worth the cost anymore. After my last post I switched to vitacost.com natural whey protein which uses stevia. The taste is ok but it's all natural. Mixes well. I used that for 2-3 years. The price is now up to $45 for a 5lb tub right now. You can get 45 servings at 20grams of pure whey isolate at swansonvitamins for $24.99. I'd say very competitive. You can look for a coupon online and free shipping. I've never tried this personally but I'am always pleased with swansons products. It doesn't mention any sweetners at all actually, just vanilla flavor. All natural. Has good reviews.

I made the BIG mistake of getting a 6lb bag of cytosports whey protein from costco a few months back because the price was pretty good. It uses artificial flavoring and sucralose. The aftertaste is probably the worst I have EVER tasted in a protein in my life! Absolutely disgusting. It just lingers with you all day and about the only good thing I can tell you about this is it controls you appetite greatly and probably helped me lose a little weight. That's about it. I will never buy that crap again and don't recommend it to anyone. I basically just switched over to eating a lot of eggs. Up to 10 a day. It is a hassle however. I truly miss just being able to down a quick shake first thing in the morning for some quick energy. For this reason alone I'll probably have to succumb to buying more whey. I'll probably just be doing a scoop in the morning though to preserve it and eat normally the rest of the day. It's hard to argue with the convenience, and nutritional benefits of whey protein. I take it for other reasons then just extra protein and "muscle building".
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    It's hard to argue with the convenience, and nutritional benefits of whey protein. I take it for other reasons then just extra protein and "muscle building".
    That is definitely a very strong point in favor of whey protein, its fast assimilation and overall nutritional value. Problem is that it does not satisfy for long, unlike casein or even egg albumin. This is why I was looking for a compound solution to the problem other than eating oatmeal, lol.

@MattPorter

I just went to TrueNutrition's site and gave a Custom Mix a whirl. It's amazing what you can do with their "tools". Notwithstanding that, cost is an issue. For the resulting price, I might as well purchase the ON Pro Complex. I was looking for something in the 50-buck range for 5 lbs of the thing.

Everything considered, I think I will have to go for Iron-Tek Essential Natural Protein at Vitacost.com. Thank you all for your valuable input!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cheaper Quality Proteins
    By LJ57 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 07:36 PM
  2. Artificial Sweeteners=Water Retention?
    By jstone28 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 12:59 PM