Should i take creatine if im trying to get cut?

Mike Monto

Awards
I heard that creatine makes you more puffy than cut. So, should i take it? what supplement would be good to take if you are trying to get cut?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established

creatine can lead to a bit of water retention, and thus decreased definition, especially in the abdominal area.. However, it by no means contributes to fat gain. It's a great tool for building muscle and strength.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
I think the board admins should disable the search function so that newbies have a legitimate reason for threads like this. ;)

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
I heard that creatine makes you more puffy than cut. So, should i take it? what supplement would be good to take if you are trying to get cut?
You might consider a form of creatine that doesn't promote water retention, such as DiCreatine Malate or Magnesium Creatine Chelate.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
You might consider a form of creatine that doesn't promote water retention, such as DiCreatine Malate or Magnesium Creatine Chelate.

Uhhhh, maybe you need to learn how creatine (any form) actually functions as a cell volumizer.

To the OP....use creatine to help build your muscle and strength. You will accelerate your metabolism and burn more fat. Towards the end of your cut, about 2-3 weeks out, drop the creatine.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
I think the board admins should disable the search function so that newbies have a legitimate reason for threads like this. ;)
If nobody could ever ask a question of their own, and if everybody could only use the search tool, then there could never exist any answers. For the search tool to work, there must be questions asked in the past. Therefore, if he never asked this question I would have never searched and found this thread. :sigh1:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Uhhhh, maybe you need to learn how creatine (any form) actually functions as a cell volumizer.

To the OP....use creatine to help build your muscle and strength. You will accelerate your metabolism and burn more fat. Towards the end of your cut, about 2-3 weeks out, drop the creatine.
agree with this statement.....when you want the bloat to go away, simply stop taking it. besides, the bloat is not that bad. take it for a month or so, then stop

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine bloat is so over-stated it's not even funny anymore. Use creatine, don't worry about bloating or anything while cutting.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Are you cutting for a show? Are you 3 weeks out? If so don't use the creatine. There are other supps out now that will give you the same benefit.

If you are still weeks out from your show then use it and stop 3 out...

Also, someone said creatine doesn't bloat? Yes it does...

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of the time bloat has to do with the extra carbohydrates that are ingested with creatine monohydrate. Also, those that get bloated from monohydrate, have you tried Creapure brand before?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine bloat is so over-stated it's not even funny anymore. Use creatine, don't worry about bloating or anything while cutting.
This...its becoming the biggest overstatement around and its becoming annoying...its the most proven supplement around it has great benefits just use the stuff

Swag4Sale

Awards
I'd like to take creatine as well, but I dont want to raise my chance of kidney stones.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
This...its becoming the biggest overstatement around and its becoming annoying...its the most proven supplement around it has great benefits just use the stuff
The guy is 5'4 130lbs, he should be looking for a buffet table not trying to figure out the best supp to take ...
Get your ass in the kitchen op...here's your supp list ...

beef
turkey
chicken
eggs
wheat
fresh fruits
fresh veggies
water
milk
peanut butter
olive oil
peanuts, almonds, pistachios

Damn a supplement

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The guy is 5'4 130lbs, he should be looking for a buffet table not trying to figure out the best supp to take ...
Get your ass in the kitchen op...here's your supp list ...

beef
turkey
chicken
eggs
wheat
fresh fruits
fresh veggies
water
milk
peanut butter
olive oil
peanuts, almonds, pistachios

Damn a supplement
O I was talking about most people in general when it comes to supplements...but ya really and he made a bunch of threads yesterday asking about a ton of things. I have a feeling OP you may want to visit the nutrition section.