:scared: Melatonin Guide

bodyfort

Awards
As we know, we need sleep at night at proper time to produce growth hormone is produced and protein synthesis as well as rejuvenate our energy. However, lately, i couldn't sleep at all and worse i kept eating around 2-3 AM. I bought 5mg melatonin and overdose it. It works so well but in the middle of the sleep I was hallucinating that my hearing was so vivid I could hear a rhythm whistle in my room and even complementing it, "Wow, that was a fine whistle" then realize I was wide awake and nobody is in the house but me, myself and no appliances turned on except for the refrigerator that noise couldn't possibly reach to third floor.

Just a warning. Ive also research melatonin and hallucination and does fact enhances noise. But the fact that I could hear a Rhythmic whistle is quite wicked.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm I used melatonin plenty of times tried too last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang took my aderal late last night with my jack3d hahaha still wide awake! Eatting breakfast now hehehe

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
why overdose it?
if it says in the directions the recommended dose, then the consumer has to accept responsibility for any consequences

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
Just because melatonin doesn't have an LD50 (That I'm aware off.) Doesn't mean overdosing isn't going to cause side effects.

Plus...melatonin inhibits testosterone secretion...at least from well crap i can't post links yet. Just google melatonin testosterone.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
isn't the highest recommended dosage like 2mg? and most people just need micrograms of it?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
ive taken up to 50mgs at once (i was curious and u should not do this)... and had no bad side effects...

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
As we know, we need sleep at night at proper time to produce growth hormone is produced and protein synthesis as well as rejuvenate our energy. However, lately, i couldn't sleep at all and worse i kept eating around 2-3 AM. I bought 5mg melatonin and overdose it. It works so well but in the middle of the sleep I was hallucinating that my hearing was so vivid I could hear a rhythm whistle in my room and even complementing it, "Wow, that was a fine whistle" then realize I was wide awake and nobody is in the house but me, myself and no appliances turned on except for the refrigerator that noise couldn't possibly reach to third floor.

Just a warning. Ive also research melatonin and hallucination and does fact enhances noise. But the fact that I could hear a Rhythmic whistle is quite wicked.
I've had the same thing happen....only not from melatonin..it was accompanied by an awesome fireworks show when I closed my eyes:crackhead:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Just because melatonin doesn't have an LD50 (That I'm aware off.) Doesn't mean overdosing isn't going to cause side effects.

Plus...melatonin inhibits testosterone secretion...at least from well crap i can't post links yet. Just google melatonin testosterone.
what's an LD50?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
what's an LD50?
An index of toxicity (lethal dose 50%), the amount of the substance that kills 50% of the test population of experimental animals when administered as a single dose.

Unfortunately animals have to be overdosed to see how they react before substances are released for consumption by the general public

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
An index of toxicity (lethal dose 50%), the amount of the substance that kills 50% of the test population of experimental animals when administered as a single dose.

Unfortunately animals have to be overdosed to see how they react before substances are released for consumption by the general public
thank you. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

learn something new every few minutes on here

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
isn't the highest recommended dosage like 2mg? and most people just need micrograms of it?
That's silly, if they come in 5mg tabs, obviously not.

When I take melatonin it's usually 9mg...I feel nothing from 6 or less, really.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
True, there have been studies that verify prolonged melatonin use to reduce test levels, but you're mostly fine if you just take them every once in a while.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
you could get some special sunglasses that block light and your body will produce its own.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
you could get some special sunglasses that block light and your body will produce its own.
i've actually been thinking about getting one of those little cover things.

problem is i'm pretty sure i'd feel like a douche wearing that to bed.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established

Yeah and google "melatonin estrogen" and you'll get info that it inhibits estrogen.:eek13:

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
Well i found conflicting evidence, but suffice to say melatonin is an important hormone that one shouldn't mess around with, unless they need it ONCE IN AWHILE for insomnia or to regulate their sleep patterns.

Also, the effective dose in clinical tries I believe was .3mg, but since the FDA does not have oversight of melatonin, they can make it in whatever dose they want. 5-6mg is overkill and will make the sedative effect wear off within days. (I know cuz I took it for awhile.)

If you are planning on taking it long term, I'd start at the .3mg dose, which they have in stores.

And you shouldn't need to take it if you have good sleep patterns/hygiene. Go to the bed at the same time, no stimulants after 5pm, no bright lights, loud music, or tv/movies 2 hours before bed, etc.

raw1973

Awards
I've had that issue of sensory impairment or hallucinations w/ sleep deprivation.
I had an issue w/ sleep a few yrs ago while going hyperthyroid. I barely slept for several days. Went to the doctor twice for different prescribed sleeping pills.
They would knock me out for a couple hours then I would wake an lie in bed the rest of the night. My mind would fixate on subtle noises such as fridge, sink.. things you don't usually notice. It was pure torture... very scary.

For the most part I think insomnia is caused by stresses in our life. You would do best to try and focus on techniques to reduce stress and sleeping aids.
Also, if you're going to use melatonin, find 1mg capsules and take the minimum needed to fall asleep...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
it's not so much that.

i was born with it.

even when i was a baby (according to my 'rents) i never slept.

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
you should probably get blood-work done natty tex. Can they check for melatonin levels? If yours are out of whack, that could be part of it.

I know for 2-3 years i slept like absolute ****, and it's only gotten marginally better. Before that i can't remember if it was good or not, probably not though.

I invested in some ear plugs from walgreens, the highest db reducing ones. They are GREAT. Never sleep without them.

They kinda hurt your ears at first, just don't put them in to far, and eventually i think your ears get used to it.

I also use some white noise or calming music while I'm sleeping. It kinda distracts me from thinking so much, and it's also pleasant.
(Try ambient albums if you like that stuff.)

Get your room pitch black with thick curtains and keep your bed away from the door or windows.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
you should probably get blood-work done natty tex. Can they check for melatonin levels? If yours are out of whack, that could be part of it.

I know for 2-3 years i slept like absolute ****, and it's only gotten marginally better. Before that i can't remember if it was good or not, probably not though.

I invested in some ear plugs from walgreens, the highest db reducing ones. They are GREAT. Never sleep without them.

They kinda hurt your ears at first, just don't put them in to far, and eventually i think your ears get used to it.

I also use some white noise or calming music while I'm sleeping. It kinda distracts me from thinking so much, and it's also pleasant.
(Try ambient albums if you like that stuff.)

Get your room pitch black with thick curtains and keep your bed away from the door or windows.
just had all my levels checked actually. everythings pretty normal. the only problem is my cholesterol levels are too low. (both hdl and ldl, i didn't know hdl could be too low??) considering (and i could have misunderstood this) cholesterol converts to natural steroids in the body i've been downing fish oil like mad lately.

other than that everything was normal. I get blood work every few months...

bodyfort

Awards
That's silly, if they come in 5mg tabs, obviously not.

When I take melatonin it's usually 9mg...I feel nothing from 6 or less, really.
I took like 25 mg of it...Anyway, Ive tried 10 mg yesterday and works perfectly