antidepressants, apetite & mixing supplements

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
I have been prescribed the SSRI "citalopram" by my doctor yesterday for mild depression and started taking it yesterday. It has only been 2 days and already I feel completely stoned and I have lost my apetite. I'm trying to bulk up at the moment so the fact that I can barely finish a sandwich is a big problem.

Has anyone else who has taken this or any other SSRI noticed a loss of apetite and if so, did this side effect go away after a few days? Also can this drug make you lose weight?

Also are there any training supplements that should not be mixed with SSRIs such as testosterone boosters? Im taking a ton of stuff and wondering if things like ok to mix with citalopram. This is a list if stuff I am taking:

ABC multivitamins
Ginkgo Biloba
Cod liver oil
Fish oil
BSN Axis-HT
L-Glutamine
Amino Acids
BSN Syntha-6
BSN NO Xplode
HMB
ALRI N-Gorge creatine and NO mix
ALRI Jungle Warfare

Also soon gonna be taking:

USPlabs Jack3d
USPlabs Prime
USPlabs Powerfull
Stoked!

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
damn I need something like that right now. I am going back to my doc to see if I can get back on my wellbutrin

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the sad news is that many ssri's cause weight loss at first, but the long term side effect is weight gain that is hard to loose. not only weight gain but loss of libido is also common. i did some research on lexapro awhile back and found a forum where weight gain is a serious problem with people on ssri's.

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
the sad news is that many ssri's cause weight loss at first, but the long term side effect is weight gain that is hard to loose. not only weight gain but loss of libido is also common. i did some research on lexapro awhile back and found a forum where weight gain is a serious problem with people on ssri's.
will that be fat that is gained though or just weight in general? I mean if its general weight gain then that might be a good thing when im trying to bulk up? If its jsut fat gain then perhaps not.

Right now though i am fuming because I just dont have the appetite to eat anything, i feel too stoned to do any work at the gym as well and my pupils are the size of flying saucers :Eyecrazy:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
will that be fat that is gained though or just weight in general? I mean if its general weight gain then that might be a good thing when im trying to bulk up? If its jsut fat gain then perhaps not.

Right now though i am fuming because I just dont have the appetite to eat anything, i feel too stoned to do any work at the gym as well and my pupils are the size of flying saucers :Eyecrazy:
what you are taking is the generic form of celexa, google celexa and you will find a lot of info about it. this drug comes with a lot of sides so be careful and inform yourself as much as possible.

BigRon2000

BigRon2000

Awards
I would just really try to stay away any nootropics when on Anti-D's.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt use anti depressants with supplements, eg: No explode, superpump, they do not mix, and especially no hormone supplements, especially and I mean especially Methyls!

imenraged

Awards
I am on an SSRI right know and have been for 2 years. The lack of hunger and stoned feeling will go away, and it may take a couple of months for you and your doc to get the dosage right. Then you will more than likely gain weight, however if you watch your diet it will not be that big of a problem. You just have to realize that your body is trying to get used to a chemical that that effects your brain, positively, and as I stated it takes awhile to get back to an equilibrium point without the depression.

I have been on supplements the entire time and have not had any negative effects, although I will say that with the use of test boosting supps, I am very quick tempered and irritable, other than that I am using pretty much every supp you are on right now. EXCEPT the Jungle Warfare. They're are alot of people, on this forum alone that state it is a pro hormone. You have to be very careful with pro hormones while on an SSRI. SSRI's can in fact lead to more depression if it does not work correctly with your body and coming off of a pro hormone cycle can cause depression do to fluctuating hormone levels. Just research, be patient with the SSRI's and pay attention to your body. I can honestly tell you that realizing I needed help and getting the right medication has been a life changing experience. Good luck, and if you need anymore info. PM me.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am on an SSRI right know and have been for 2 years. The lack of hunger and stoned feeling will go away, and it may take a couple of months for you and your doc to get the dosage right. Then you will more than likely gain weight, however if you watch your diet it will not be that big of a problem. You just have to realize that your body is trying to get used to a chemical that that effects your brain, positively, and as I stated it takes awhile to get back to an equilibrium point without the depression.

I have been on supplements the entire time and have not had any negative effects, although I will say that with the use of test boosting supps, I am very quick tempered and irritable, other than that I am using pretty much every supp you are on right now. EXCEPT the Jungle Warfare. They're are alot of people, on this forum alone that state it is a pro hormone. You have to be very careful with pro hormones while on an SSRI. SSRI's can in fact lead to more depression if it does not work correctly with your body and coming off of a pro hormone cycle can cause depression do to fluctuating hormone levels. Just research, be patient with the SSRI's and pay attention to your body. I can honestly tell you that realizing I needed help and getting the right medication has been a life changing experience. Good luck, and if you need anymore info. PM me.
good for you bro!, Im off mine now for almost a year and its been up and down, Im trying 5htp right now been about 3 weeks and it helps a little for sure, check it out man its an interesting seretonin precursor.