Do you guys drink bcaa supps during workouts? - AnabolicMinds.com

Do you guys drink bcaa supps during workouts?

Stats
    6'2"  226 lbs.

Do you guys drink bcaa supps during workouts?

Just wondering how important it is to get bcaa's while working out. Or is post work out good enough? I have always heard not to have much in your stomach while working out because the blood will be busy digesting food instead of going to your muscles.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Pretty much always some sort of EAA/BCAA supplement during a workout for me..
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Pretty much always some sort of EAA/BCAA supplement during a workout for me..
    I second that
    •   

Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Purple Wraath and Extend everytime for me.

OP: How does the blood digest food?

The stomach is a pear-shaped, muscular sac. Its main function is to store food. The stomach walls are made of three layers of muscle, each arranged on a different angle. As the food enters the stomach, muscle contractions begin to twist, turn, and churn the food, which is part of mechanical digestion. The stomach lining contains a great many glands, which produce a clear, yellow liquid that mixes with the food called gastric juice. Gastric juices are secreted into the stomach to help liquefy food and break it into simpler forms. Gastric juices contain water, enzymes, and acid. This acid softens fibers in the food and kills many of the bacteria. The juice also contains an enzyme that acts on proteins. Muscles in the stomach wall continue to contract and relax, and this mixes the food with the gastric juices. Gastric juices begin the digestion of proteins and fats and turn them into amino acids. Food will usually remain in the stomach for around four hours and while it is there, it becomes partially digested food that changes into a thick liquid called chyme. The sphincter at the end of the stomach allows this chyme to move into the small intestine a little bit at a time.

As food passes through the specialized compartments, it is gradually made ready for absorption into the blood. Most of this absorption occurs in the small intestine with the exception of drugs and alcohol, which are absorbed chiefly in the stomach. The small intestine is a long, coiled organ about one inch in diameter and about two centimeters across and seven meters long. The digesting food takes several hours to pass through it. The stomach connects with the duodenum, the first part of the small intestine. The duodenum is about a foot long and is shaped like the letter C. The major digestion of food occurs here.

While the food is in the small intestine, there are three juices that act upon it. One is the intestinal juice produced by the intestine lining; another is pancreatic juice that flows through a duct from an important gland lying near the stomach. This gland is the pancreas, which has a duct that enters the small intestine near its upper end. The pancreas is a long, soft gland lying behind the stomach, and it secretes digestive enzymes into the duodenum. The intestinal glands are tiny organs found in the lining of the small intestines. These tiny organs release digestive enzymes and mucus. There is also a juice called bile, which also enters the intestine at this same place and is produced by the liver.

In the small intestine are villi, very tiny fingerlike projections that line the walls. These many projections of villi increase the surface area of the small intestine allowing the small intestine to absorb most of the nutrients that enter the body. A fluid called lymph is located inside the villi blood vessels. Fat soluble vitamins and fatty acids are absorbed into the lymph system. These blood vessels also absorb glucose, amino acids, and water-soluble vitamins and minerals; then the blood and lymph carry the completely digested food throughout the body.
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Great post Ev52!
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Xtend FTW
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

I used to sip some extend and pw, but now I can't stand the flavors at all. I want to try another bcaa supp soon though.
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

HELL AND YES! Honestly for the 2 years I have been on this board (including when I was lurking and not registered) I always thought xtend was hype... until my buddy convinced me to buy some. Now i cant imagine not working out with it, I even use half the recommended dose and my recovery times have been cut in half if not completely non existent

I also like sipping on some during MMA training to keep from burning muscle for energy and its working great

Definitely a quality supp.
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I used to sip some extend and pw, but now I can't stand the flavors at all. I want to try another bcaa supp soon though.
    not even grape or watermelon man those are my favs I personaly use xtend with about 5 grams bulk EAA powder works great
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I always sip on on 6 scoops of Scivation Xtend with some added goodies.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

bcaa

I put a scoop of BCAA, citrulline malate and beta alanine in a shaker bottle. Works out great! I am curious to try this extend product though but for now that is a budget version of extend basically.
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    not even grape or watermelon man those are my favs I personaly use xtend with about 5 grams bulk EAA powder works great
    I used to like grape, haven't tried watermelon. I think they put way to much sucarlose and ace k (artificial flavoring) in it and it gives it to much of a fake flavor taste. Sometimes now I'll sip some bulk bcaa w/ a little bit of stevia or lemon flavored stevia or even no flavor with just some water intra workout.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just thought i would also toss in when i am using beta alanine i always use Intrabolic during my workout(i think its the best intraworkout product around) but when i am not using BA i usually use watermelon xtend..
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

i normally do not. heres why. i take bcaa's and eaa's before and after my w/o. the only time i would even consider taking them during is if i know i'm going to be lifting well over an hour. then you might want some of that in there. your body starts going catabolic after about an hour or so......bcaa's might slow this process down. i used to drink excell, and although it tastes good......it hurts my pocket book unneccasarly
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.

Always have my Wraath on hand while training and sometimes on off days
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.

i make my own xtend... bulk bcaa's in crystal light delicious
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.

Intra-Aid Citrus Burst FTW for intra workout nutrition and bulk L-Leucine + Whey Protein + WMS FTW post workout

Quote Originally Posted by glennwethere View Post
    Just wondering how important it is to get bcaa's while working out. Or is post work out good enough? I have always heard not to have much in your stomach while working out because the blood will be busy digesting food instead of going to your muscles.

I use a combination of BCAAs, waxy maize starch, glutamine and citrulline malate. But I don't only lift weights and I'm usually exercising for 2-3 hours at a time. I think if you exercise for more than 1 hour at a time, a concoction like the one I use is preferable.

aye! 20-30g bcaa w citrulline beta-alanine glutamine
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I never have taken any intra-workout. I guess I should start though.
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

I like BCAA's, but Im not sold on using high doses of them for training compared to using whole protein sources. I have noticed much better recovery using a hydrolized casein protein compared to using the same amount of BCAA's for a post workout drink. BCAA's seem to give me the best results when I use them within an hour before training, but that could just be due to the glucogenic properties they have and the fact that I am a low carb-er.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.

I use bcaa and beta alanine and mix it with my pre workout Nitric Oxide shake.
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Xtend while I'm working out, I've tried all the flavors and the apple one is def my favorite (green bottle), follewed by watermellon. With some Beta alanine before and after.
    Stats
    6'6"  236 lbs.

Xtend during workout. Bulk BCAA in the morning, pre/post workout & before bed. I cycle purple wrath with Bulk Beta Alanine for added benefit as well.
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Leucine is quite noticibly an effective supplement in anaerobic exercise. Definitley the most prominent and effective one in BCAA mixes.
    I just read a study on the effects of leucine supplementation during workout. It was concluded in this study that resistance excercise actually slowed the absobtion of leucine. The study found benefit in supplementing with leucine 90 minutes prior to workout over supplementing intra-workout. While this doesn't suggest intra-workout leucine is a bad thing, it does suggest that consuming leucine earlier may be quite beneficial. (I will try and find a link in the next couple days guys)
    Glutamine, isoleucine, and valine were not as noticably hindered by anaerobic activity and not as much of a concern.
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.

4 scoops of xtend w 1 teaspoon bulk bcaa w. about half gallon of water during and post workout as well as my bcaa's and eaa in my whey

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chained Out vs Xtend/Other BCAA supps
    By SweetLou321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 09:42 PM
  2. Question On BCAA drink i mixed...
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 09:45 AM
  3. What do you guys think about these supps:
    By FlexMasterFunk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3