Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

OTC Sleep aids

Hey ive tried stuff called Sominex which is diphenhydramine but anyways does anyone know any really good otc sleep aids just wondering because at times I cant sleep but its not like an everyday thing its just I know how important sleep is so if anyone has any good suggestions plz let me know thnx!

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Melatonin / ZMA / Tryptophan / Powerfull
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.7%

look for "sleepy time tea", its a green tea that you brew. I used to drink some of that and it mellows me out real good and i fall asleep shortly after. I have real bad anxiety and can't sleep sometimes and this has helped me.

If your looking for pills, I'm no much help there. Good luck
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I used to have horrible insomnia, like I would lay in bed at 10:30 and not fall asleep till 3-4 in the morning.

Problem solved:

GABA: 5g, mixed in water.
    Diphenhydramine: 50mg
    Valerian root: 1350mg

And sometimes some Ibprofen thrown in. If my back or legs hurt to bad from the gym that it makes it uncomfortable to sleep.

Not something obviously to depend on, the best thing to do is try and regulate your sleep naturally, but that stack really works, its as powerfull as prescription sleep aides.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Ahh okay gotcha hey does anyone know if you can actually buy valerian root in a crocery store and just brew that and taking diohenhydromine. Also on the same talk anbout the Diphen does anyone or rather has anyone tried a better brand of diphen? Melatonin I will keep in mind Valerian seems to be really good too. Thing is I got a lot of green tea packets and was gonna brew it with something bc green tea (uncaff) by itself wont calm me down. I did try 5-htp but at times its still useless lol. Yeah insomnia sux hey futurepilot the ingredients you given me is that all mixed in a hot brew? Just curious bc I tried to do green tea and honey but lol not that powerfull. And Renegade can you elaborte the product Powerfull for me if you don't mind. I do have ZMA and I do take that at night. Thanx again for all the support guys most appreciated.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.7%

this is what i was talking about.. you can find it in your grocery store most likely...cant hurt to try. its like 3 bucks lol

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...eas/sleepytime
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Hey iciaccio thanx bud I will go to my local store to get some. Can you find that at food lion (on a budget here) or do I need to go to the high end places. Also hey iciaccio what else would you blend with that to really intensify the drowsiness =) if anyone knows plz feel free to add. This stupid girl won't stop calling me damnit. Oops thinking out load again lol. Anywho thanx again guys.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Ok nvm Food Lion says they got it. Now my thing is I want something that I can disolve into it to make it stronger for ex something containing melatonin and valarion root supplement or Sominex pills to dissolve into the Sleepytime tea. I think we are on the right track I like that sleepytime idea sounds really good now just something a really strong tranquilizer is all im looking for hehehehe. And i don't lunesta or Ambien either lol. I meant better ideas bc with those products like Ambien I may fall asleep but prolly dancing naked on the damn bridge omg you seen those side effect videos about ambien its so messed up. Anywho comments are welcome thnx again.
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I would say check out X-Dreams. The new reformulation version is great.
    You can even get a great deal on it... http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/i...1-x-force.html

I would also say try 1-3mg of Melatonin and 1-3mg of Valerian Root together.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

X-Dreams I don't have a credit card to order online I tried to look up X-dreams around my local stores here in Raleigh,Nc but coulnt find any that carries that. Seems like a good product I saw the profile. Here I got a Vitamin Shoppe GNC and a place called All Pro Nutrion which a guy who is an IFBB runs it where usually stuff like Rage and all that you can't find at GNC and all I get there. Some of the top products like Leviathan and Recreate by USP he has where other two stores don't.
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    X-Dreams I don't have a credit card to order online I tried to look up X-dreams around my local stores here in Raleigh,Nc but coulnt find any that carries that. Seems like a good product I saw the profile. Here I got a Vitamin Shoppe GNC and a place called All Pro Nutrion which a guy who is an IFBB runs it where usually stuff like Rage and all that you can't find at GNC and all I get there. Some of the top products like Leviathan and Recreate by USP he has where other two stores don't.
    You can use a Money Order.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

saw something on youtube called Prime by USPlabs guy said his sleep was great vivd dreams blah blah blah but Im trying to save my dough though and wanted to get something more on a budget (if possible) I don't want to be hasty with all these products because thats how I ran out of money to begin with so im more carefull what I buy because some companies to me are just out for the money. On the same topic of getting a good nites sleep maybe someone knows something about a product that aids in fat loss and maybe put you to sleep. Lets take ALRI's product Lean Dreams. I don't know if anyone has tried it for heard of it but I took it once was great but I think now its not as strong today than it was in the past.But it is Valerian rook melatonin 5-htp mix to name a few so something like Lean Dreams but maybe cost efficient lol. Thanx guys.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

just pick up some melatonin and gaba and youll be set...i usually take 15mgs of melatonin and 6grams of gaba and it works great...
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

GABA by itself I am really sure Vitaminshoppe has it. As far as the Mel there cheap its bout 5 bucks for 60 or some crap lol. Thnx again guys
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.36%

Not to be the odd ball here, but when I take Divanil I sleep better than ever.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I am a huge fan of Abyss. I find that about 4 30-40 minutes prior to bed, and I am out cold
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Divanil is that a test booster if Im not mistaken.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Abyss I like the Theanine good relaxer. I tried one that had that in it too because SOminex just don't cut it for me. I like green tea (uncaff) and maybe something else to take along with it.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just a little breakdown:
    Per Nimbus website
    Serving Size: 4 capsules
    Servings Per Container 30

1 Servings Provide:
    Vitamin B-6 8mg 375%
    Vitamin B-12 750mcg 12500000%
    Magnesium 202mg 51%
    Zinc 23mg 150%
    *Abyss DS Matrix™ 2484mg ---
    Abyss DS Matrix™: Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium Carbonate, Methylcobalamin, Phenibut, Pyridoxine HCL, Zinc Gluconate, L-Theanine
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Holy $H*T thats allata b vitamins lol good lord! Nice product non the less thanx again reaper
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.68%

whats up stallion. i am from n.c. too anyway. having read some of your other post on other threads i think maybe your dosing your eca to late in the day. if thats not the case zma, 3g of gaba, and 5 mg melatonin usually works ,and is pretty cheap. you can get it all from gnc if you had too. just be aware that at 3g and above gaba causes shortness of breath so dont freak out when it happens it will go away after a few minutes.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

Hey ive tried stuff called Sominex which is diphenhydramine but anyways does anyone know any really good otc sleep aids just wondering because at times I cant sleep but its not like an everyday thing its just I know how important sleep is so if anyone has any good suggestions plz let me know thnx!

Evaluate your sleep hygiene before drugging yourself.
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.66%

Ahh okay gotcha hey does anyone know if you can actually buy valerian root in a crocery store and just brew that and taking diohenhydromine.

Melatonin I will keep in mind Valerian seems to be really good too.
    The valerian root comes in pill form. The GABA also comes in pill form, I happen to have bulk GABA, so I mix that in water, and use it to wash down the Valerian pills, and the Diphenhydramine pills. You can buy generic benedryl, and thats just straight Diphen, alot cheaper that brand name sleep aides.

Be aware that melatonin increases estrogen and prolactin.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    The valerian root comes in pill form. The GABA also comes in pill form, I happen to have bulk GABA, so I mix that in water, and use it to wash down the Valerian pills, and the Diphenhydramine pills. You can buy generic benedryl, and thats just straight Diphen, alot cheaper that brand name sleep aides.

Be aware that melatonin increases estrogen and prolactin.
    WHOA!!!
    Did not know that....
    I use melatonin all the time...

Edit:
    Check this out...I have not done much searching, but this is the first one I found:
    http://grouppekurosawa.com/blog/2006...s-estrogen.htm
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Crap then melatonin aint for me! that sux. Seriously.
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Kc2554 View Post
    Edit:
    Check this out...I have not done much searching, but this is the first one I found:
    http://grouppekurosawa.com/blog/2006...s-estrogen.htm
    I'll have to read through those studies they reference.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    I'll have to read through those studies they reference.
    Me too...I need to research all this after work.
    This may be a question for a new thread, but what happens when/if Prolactin is too high?
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

yo yo yo I did a lil research and came up with a suggestion. ALRI has one called Restore. Ups free test and tries to eliminate prolactin is what it says.
  29. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Here's something for Melatonin and its effects on Estrogen, Link
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Here's something for Melatonin and its effects on Estrogen, Link
    Good read...thank you Steve
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Most appreciative to all of you.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

I had great results with melatonin and ZMA.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%

Shut Eye by Fusion Bodybuilding did me goodd. Most of the times other sleep aids have just made me tired, but not enough to make me fall asleep. But this stuff made me feel like I just ran for 50 miles straight(not physically of course).
    I woke up real refreshed too. Good stuff.
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.33%

damn UNISOM works great for me.. i didnt know there were so many options..

i dono if UNISOM has any neg effects.. but its one of the few sleep aids that makes me just sleepy enough to fall asleep as soon as i lay down but doesnt just knock me on my ass..

it also is the only one ive used that if i wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss.. i fall right back to sleep..

also after 6-8 hours of sleep if i get up the drowsyness wears off in like 5 min.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.67%

At one time, melatonin was best known for it's effectiveness in treating jet lag, and quite literally, you could find a melatonin product in the suitcase or carry-on bag of almost every traveler. But intensive research is showing melatonin to be nature's own "cure-all" for all sorts of health problems, ranging from depression to weight to sleep disorders. And it's also been shown to produce significant antioxidant effects. As an antioxidant, the hormone released from this pineal gland has been shown to reduce the effects of aging in both younger and older recipients.

As sleep disorders continue to rise, health interest in melatonin benefits and the effects that it has on newer and older sleep disorders increases nation-wide. Melatonin is a normal hormone naturally created within the body, and it's secreted by the pineal gland (located in the midsection of the brain) to assist with the different circadian cycles of night sleep.

Melatonin is an internal hormone secreted by the pineal gland. And its reported benefits are many - ranging from alleviating depression to losing weight. However among these benefits, melatonin is probably best known for its ability to restore the natural circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is a daily cycle of activity in living organisms. Melatonin ensures that a significant part of that circadian cycle benefits sleep. And because the human body naturally produces it, it's widely regarded as one of the least toxic substances.

In fact, a number of large-scale studies report that melatonin - even when taken at a hundred to a thousand times the normal dosage (.01 grams) - shows no significant threat to the body (other than minor headaches in a few individuals). Nor does it produce a health problem or ill effects on the people who take it.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Well other than the melatonin bc thats vastly used a lot. I was thinking valerian root and green tea with honey would do the trick but I really want a strong sedative bc i got a big frame so usually one mesilly melaton (which I did) doesnt really cut it. Kinda like handing Jay Cutler a piece of bologna and saying this is your protein for this meal lol.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Was thinking lately about the product ALRI came out with called Lean Dreams. I just want to know how you all feel about it. And also my nighttime stack is ZMA and Tribe so if I stack those with the Lean Dreams what do you all think. ZMA by itself doesnt really get me drowsy whatsoever. lol
  38. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Was thinking lately about the product ALRI came out with called Lean Dreams. I just want to know how you all feel about it. And also my nighttime stack is ZMA and Tribe so if I stack those with the Lean Dreams what do you all think. ZMA by itself doesnt really get me drowsy whatsoever. lol
    Negative. Go with something else by a more respectful company.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

Damn right thank u iron lungs. I knew it would get a back feed but hell I am not gonna spend my hard earn money on bullshizzle stuff. Ughhhhhhh Im trying to think of something really really good that would stack great and knock me out. I;ll get back with something gonna research on stuff. If anyone has anything let me know. Just like Iron Lungz said something that is a more respectfull company plz thanx again everyone.
  40. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

Damn right thank u iron lungs. I knew it would get a back feed but hell I am not gonna spend my hard earn money on bullshizzle stuff. Ughhhhhhh Im trying to think of something really really good that would stack great and knock me out. I;ll get back with something gonna research on stuff. If anyone has anything let me know. Just like Iron Lungz said something that is a more respectfull company plz thanx again everyone.
    You really should consider ordering something from Nutra. Just use a MO.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PH's and sleep aids
    By Harry Manback in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 12:22 AM
  2. Sleep Aids.
    By Caesar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  3. sleep aids
    By Blue_moon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28