Bronkaid : Will it show up on a drug test as a rec drug?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DOMOkun

Awards
So yeah My employer does "random" urinal drug screenings often. I have some bronkaid but am scared to take it because I dont wanna lose my job!!! I heard it can show up as speed/meth

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Just eat the d@mn stuff dude...it won't be a problem. Meth...:laugh:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, depending upon the accuracy or the levels that the test is using as a limit it can show up as an amphetamine derivative and test positive for amphetamine.

In the event that it does happen they can do further testing to confirm it is ephedrine rather than methamphetamine.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
So yeah My employer does "random" urinal drug screenings often. I have some bronkaid but am scared to take it because I dont wanna lose my job!!! I heard it can show up as speed/meth
You're not going to lose your job.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Could show up as an amphetamine metabolite, as the only difference between the ephedrine molecule and the amphetamine molecule is a hydroxyl and a methyl group on the phenethylamine skeleton. It is only a hydroxyl group different from methamphetamine. Isn't chemistry amazing?!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Whe you get randomly tested. Tell your manager or the facility youre being tested at. Bronkaid is OTC....so tell them you take it for what its used for. Problem solved. I think they would be able to determine if you were using meth compared to an OTC bronkodialator.(sp?)
I think youll be fine unless youre goign to town on the stuff.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what kind of test it is. If it is sent to a lab and you take quite a bit, it will show up as an amphetamine. They should do a secondary test to rule out a false positive for meth.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
ooops didnt realize it's answered already......dont sweat it dood

N

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
just let your boss know your taking it as an otc product for what its used for and explain how it can cause a false positive for meth so he knows.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I injured myself at my job a few years back, and I was hopped up on the ECA stack. Bled like a stuck pig. I asked the guy giving me the drug screen if that stuff would come back positive for anything, and he told me "of course not, you're fine".

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
just let your boss know your taking it as an otc product for what its used for and explain how it can cause a false positive for meth so he knows.
He doesn't need to tell his boss anything. If he screens positive for amphetamines, GC/MS will rule it out and it won't be reported.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
He doesn't need to tell his boss anything. If he screens positive for amphetamines, GC/MS will rule it out and it won't be reported.
I agree, say nothing until you are forced to plead your case (it may never come to that).

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
But considering if it did come up Eph and not Meth then they cant do anything right? I am also curious I am on Bronkaid myself love it but another good question to pinpoint is how long does the eph stay in the system before its not noticible maybe a week or so? Also would something like detox help?

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
supposedly its stays in your system for up to 72 hours

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
oh ok so then it should be the least of worries then. Unless ya gotta lab hahaha lets hope not!

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
I know this may seem funny and I just want to know bronkaid says take one every 4 hrs when needed right. So what will happen if u use it at night just without useing the caffiene but maybe white willow bark can that be like a evening fat burner as a stand alone or maybe not just curious.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
nah..... it's gonna keep you up. I wouldnt take it past 5pm, 2pm in a perfect world

D

DOMOkun

Awards
Well Im in the military if that helps at all. I dont think I want to tell my commander Im taking Bronkaid, because I enlisted without saying I had asthma. If I told him I was taking Bronkaid for asthma, they would suspect me of enlisting with prior medical problems. And that would be falsifying government documentation

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you want to hear?

Ephedrine can show up as an amphetamine metabolite. If it does you can tell them that you are taking Bronkaid for the ephedrine - for dieting purposes.

You are in the military. You are a grown man. You are an adult. You serve and protect our country. I got all that right - right?

Then be a soldier and decide for yourself to keep taking the stuff and risk the slight chance of a positive amphetamine metabolite or quit taking it and remove all risk.

You know the facts. They are not going to change because of someones opinion on what they would do. It's up to you.

M

MrJingles33

Awards
What do you want to hear?

Ephedrine can show up as an amphetamine metabolite. If it does you can tell them that you are taking Bronkaid for the ephedrine - for dieting purposes.

You are in the military. You are a grown man. You are an adult. You serve and protect our country. I got all that right - right?

Then be a soldier and decide for yourself to keep taking the stuff and risk the slight chance of a positive amphetamine metabolite or quit taking it and remove all risk.

You know the facts. They are not going to change because of someones opinion on what they would do. It's up to you.
x2....

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
It's completely irrelevant whether or not it hits positive for amphetamine as said more than once already. Any time there is a positive screen, the sample is sent for confirmation. GC/MS will rule out amphetamines. You are a grown up and ephedrine is not illegal. In the extremely unlikely event that the result of ephedrine gets back to your CO, he/she probably won't care anyway.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't have to have an asthma diagnosis from a physician to take an OTC bronchodilator. That's why it's otc... or behind the counter anyway ;)

Edit: in response to not telling your commander you had asthma

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
That doesnt change anything. It is OTC supplement/drug. There is NOW WAY they can pin anything on you. PERIOD. If they do, i'd like to know how.

As B said, either stop taking it or know it may come up.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BINGO!!!

Or better yet when you get tested...take it with you an explain it then.
Ask the tester to make a note of it.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But considering if it did come up Eph and not Meth then they cant do anything right? I am also curious I am on Bronkaid myself love it but another good question to pinpoint is how long does the eph stay in the system before its not noticible maybe a week or so? Also would something like detox help?
I asked the pharmacist that exact question prior to purchasing.
I was told 4 days.

impulseoctane

impulseoctane

Awards
I was told the same thing. Before you actually worry about the results of the test, know that there is an extraordinarily high chance you won't even be given one.

Most (lower level) jobs threaten tests, but rarely administer (the same doesn't always hold true for upper level jobs..).

And it makes sense. As long as you don't come to work high as a kite, why do they care? Drug testing ain't cheap! To test even a small office would cost thousands of dollars.

My verdict would be: Just take the Bronkaid, don't worry about the tests, and if they do administer, explain the results if they're positive.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was told the same thing. Before you actually worry about the results of the test, know that there is an extraordinarily high chance you won't even be given one.

Most (lower level) jobs threaten tests, but rarely administer (the same doesn't always hold true for upper level jobs..).

And it makes sense. As long as you don't come to work high as a kite, why do they care? Drug testing ain't cheap! To test even a small office would cost thousands of dollars.

My verdict would be: Just take the Bronkaid, don't worry about the tests, and if they do administer, explain the results if they're positive.
You don't have to come to work high as a kite.

LOTS of companies these days administer random drug test.

Specifically,using the last digit of your ss#.

impulseoctane

impulseoctane

Awards
You don't have to come to work high as a kite.

LOTS of companies these days administer random drug test.

Specifically,using the last digit of your ss#.
I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm talking from my experience and my personal beliefs.

I have worked at probably half a dozen places which all claim to test, and don't, or didn't.

Second, as an owner of a company, so long as my employees are doing their job, I don't care what they do outside of work. If they want to leave at 5 and spark up in their car, that's their choice, not mine.

As long as performance isn't hindered on the job, there's no reason for an employer to be involved.

Anyway, like B5150 said, what do you want to hear?

Either do it and deal with what, if anything, happens; or just don't do it.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm talking from my experience and my personal beliefs.

I have worked at probably half a dozen places which all claim to test, and don't, or didn't.

Second, as an owner of a company, so long as my employees are doing their job, I don't care what they do outside of work. If they want to leave at 5 and spark up in their car, that's their choice, not mine.

As long as performance isn't hindered on the job, there's no reason for an employer to be involved.

Anyway, like B5150 said, what do you want to hear?

Either do it and deal with what, if anything, happens; or just don't do it.
Obviously the vast majority of companies don't share your opinion.

Random drug testing is a fact of life.Does that make it right? Maybe.Maybe not.When you accept an offer of employment, it should be divulged at that time.
If not....ASK.

I,for one have never had a drug issue,so random testing is more a nuisance than anything from where I'm concerned,but it is what it is,and they do take place.I had to take one this past March.My # came up.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Obviously the vast majority of companies don't share your opinion.

Random drug testing is a fact of life.Does that make it right? Maybe.Maybe not.When you accept an offer of employment, it should be divulged at that time.
If not....ASK.

I,for one have never had a drug issue,so random testing is more a nuisance than anything from where I'm concerned,but it is what it is,and they do take place.I had to take one this past March.My # came up.

wow. aren't you so awesome?

just because you fail a drug test or are scared of failing a drug test does not mean you have a ''drug issue''. the fact that this topic came up should tell you that.

in my mind, bodybuilders are the BIGGEST drug addicts around. they take substances to get a desired effect. in MANY cases, ones that hurt your body in some way, or throw it off at the very least. all of a sudden since you are doing it for weight loss/gain, and not to get 'high' it is ok? everyone here, me included, that buys astma meds for ephedrine is no better than someone buying cough syrup for DXM.

deal with that.

impulseoctane

impulseoctane

Awards

just because you fail a drug test or are scared of failing a drug test does not mean you have a ''drug issue''. the fact that this topic came up should tell you that.

in my mind, bodybuilders are the BIGGEST drug addicts around. they take substances to get a desired effect. in MANY cases, ones that hurt your body in some way, or throw it off at the very least. all of a sudden since you are doing it for weight loss/gain, and not to get 'high' it is ok? everyone here, me included, that buys astma meds for ephedrine is no better than someone buying cough syrup for DXM.

deal with that.
:liar:

... Just kidding.

You're spot on correct, and basically it comes right back down to:

If you're THAT worried about testing positive, don't do it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

no better than someone buying cough syrup for DMX.

deal with that.
You'd think DMX could by his own cough syrup :dunno:

:sucks:

Not to mention the OP started it in March and has not posted in it since 3-11. Looooohhhhhhhoooooossers!!!!!!!

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
B5150, i think you missed the point of that post.

or maybe i missed the point of yours.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established

deal with that.
Wow! IGNORANCE becomes you!

I was speaking strictly from my point of view concerning "random" drug testing.

Take a spelling class also little guy.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Wow! IGNORANCE becomes you!

I was speaking strictly from my point of view concerning "random" drug testing.

Take a spelling class also little guy.

just because you are ugly, and look like a giraffe ( 6'0''? lol long ass monkey arms), don't be mad at me.

i didn't spell anything in that post wrong. so wtf are you talking about weirdo?

also, try to use the word 'ignorance' properly, next time,***got.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just because you are ugly, and look like a giraffe ( 6'0''? lol long ass monkey arms), don't be mad at me.

i didn't spell anything in that post wrong. so wtf are you talking about weirdo?

also, try to use the word 'ignorance' properly, next time,***got.
How old are you? 7?

It's obvious with your limited amount of brain cells,you weren't able to grasp the concept of my original post,but it's understandable, with your IQ hovering around room temperature,it's apparent your comprehension skills are less than stellar.

Tell you what,Junior.

Want to make a positive contribution to the world?
Wanna feel good about yourself temporarily?

Tonight when I do leg presses,you can sit on top of the machine.All 150 lbs. of you.That will be less plates I'll have to stack.
When I'm done,to show my appreciation,I'll buy you "Hooked on Phonics."

'Ignorance was used properly.Once again,over your head.Sorry I didn't "dumb it" up enough for you Special Ed.

The correct spelling...Asthma.NOT astma.
Who the hell is DXM???...DMX,maybe???

soontobebeast,but ALREADYadumbazz.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
/thread

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

everyone here, me included, that buys astma meds for ephedrine is no better than someone buying cough syrup for DXM.

deal with that.
yeah, i could be buying cough syrup for DMX the rapper.

or i could be talking about DXM.

DXM is the main ingredient in cough syrup, and, if taken in large doses will make one ''trip''.

do you feel like an idiot now? good.

also, do you think you are making me feel bad for being a 150lbs of lean greatness, as opposed to having your fatass powerlifting body? lol .

i don't care that you look like a marshmallow that does 10000lbs on legpress.

also, the fact that you remember the 'th' in asthma doesn't surprise me, being as how you probably have a lisp too.

MOD EDIT: first, last warning.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

DXM is the main ingredient in cough syrup, and, if taken in large doses will make one ''trip''.

also, do you think you are making me feel bad for being a 150lbs of lean greatness, as opposed to having your fatass powerlifting body? lol .

also, the fact that you remember the 'th' in asthma doesn't surprise me, being as how you probably have a lisp too.

bottom line : shut the f*ck up, f@ggot.

:lol:

You're killin' me here smalls !!

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established

bottom line : shut the f*ck up, f@ggot.
Does mommy & daddy know you are using their computer to promote your stupidity?

I'd be pissed at the world if I was only 5'7 also.
Typical internet *****.Always the "little" guy hiding behind a computer screen.
Carry on with your impeccable grasp of the English language.....ED!

Gotta go.DXM is at the door.He needs me to make a cough syrup run for him:lol::lol::lol:

Continue to promote your 2nd grade mentality..SQUIRT.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Does mommy & daddy know you are using their computer to promote your stupidity?

I'd be pissed at the world if I was only 5'7 also.
Typical internet *****.Always the "little" guy hiding behind a computer screen.
Carry on with your impeccable grasp of the English language.....ED!

Gotta go.DXM is at the door.He needs me to make a cough syrup run for him:lol::lol::lol:

Continue to promote your 2nd grade mentality..SQUIRT.
lol what a nerd. he is 45 and his best insults are that i'm not as tall as him, and where it really hurts, my spelling. and i really don't know what that last sentence about dxm being at the door means.. must be old guy humor.

i cannot believe i wasted time tearing this guy down.

Status
Not open for further replies.